Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 09:01 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I've always gotten a chuckle out of people who "announce" who they have blocked.

[Trumpets sounding]......I hereby decree that I have blocked "Imissthe90's" because they made me mad.........and the rest of you be careful, because you may be next.........[Trumpets sounding]
Well some ppl just can't have the maturity to respectfully disagree and move on. So I have to let them know officially that I'm done. Otherwise your ilk will boast that I'm ignoring questions.

90s is basically throwing a temper tantrum because I won't speak to her anymore. Immature.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
His motivation is probably quite similar to yours...it's to enlighten others in regards to religion and spirituallity?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I only block people when they have crossed the line with rudeness and direct personal attacks. While I do fine your tone to be overtly arrogant, you at least haven't directed the conversation against me personally.

OTOH when someone like Wardendresden told me to go burn in hell, that was the final straw. Wardendresden, Nozz, Rafius, 90s, and Petunia will all remain permanently block and they will never get a reply from me again.
Ok I find your tone to be implacably denialist, so we both have to make allowances, but I understand the point made above - you are here to argue your case and with an abstract idea of persuading people that your views are correct. That's why we are here at all.

To no real purpose, I have only ever blocked two people. One for a short time, and another twice, out of sheer need to stop wasting my time. Because I don't dislike anyone here, though one or two try my patience.

Quote:
Well some ppl just can't have the maturity to respectfully disagree and move on. So I have to let them know officially that I'm done. Otherwise your ilk will boast that I'm ignoring questions.

90s is basically throwing a temper tantrum because I won't speak to her anymore. Immature.
"respectfully disagree and move on." is too often used by Jesus apologists as a way of changing the subject without admitting that they are wrong. It is too often used by those who will accuse us of not 'answering a question' when we (atheists) did answer but it wasn't the one the Christian apologist wanted.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-10-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-10-2019, 09:36 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:

Yes, I'll admit people on here do anger me because I can't stand arrogant pompous rude behavior or ego stroking and people who look down on others. Jesus was also angry at people like that and chased them out of the temple. He wasn't a pushover by any means. You come here talking lies and trash about my faith then expect me to fight back.

And it is the epitome of arrogance to sit here and judge my character when you don't know jack about me or my experiences. Take that garbage elsewhere.

Well all else fails and it quickly does with atheists, you just resort to ad hominem attacks, something that should never be in the tool belt of a well educated man. If you respond one more time attacking me personally and directly, you will be permanently blocked.

Not true; Jesus was angry because they were "changing money" in the temple. He stated they were turning the temple into a "den of thieves".

God hates liars; just sayin'.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
And you proved my point again about auto-rejecting evidence. So personal testimony doesn't count, doctor testimony doesn't count, lab and test results don't count and now not even videos. Gee what is left? Only something I can reproduce in a test tube? Naw, you would find a way to reject that too.

Hopefully people can see through the veneer of atheism and realize that they put up all these barriers because they are terrified of the possibility that God is real. The vast majority of other people have no problem accepting such evidences.

The sick reality is atheists find fulfillment in life by trashing Christians and ONLY Christians. It is a flat out lie that an atheist wants evidence for God. In a meaningless hollow life, I guess they think it gives them a purpose.

Your omnipotent God must be incredibly weak if He cannot show that He exists but must rely on a cheesy YouTube video and hope no one notices that it is proof of nothing. Your omniscient God must be dim-witted if He cannot think of a way to show that He exists.

But again, please pray for the end of world hunger. If you had done it yesterday, it would have already happened, right?

Old 04-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I only block people when they have crossed the line with rudeness and direct personal attacks. While I do fine your tone to be overtly arrogant, you at least haven't directed the conversation against me personally.

OTOH when someone like Wardendresden told me to go burn in hell, that was the final straw. Wardendresden, Nozz, Rafius, 90s, and Petunia will all remain permanently block and they will never get a reply from me again.
Nonsense, you block people because you get your panties in a wad. I have observed you behaving in the same petulant manner in the personal finance forum and the relationships forum. It's just who you ARE.

Last edited by Petunia 100; 04-10-2019 at 09:55 AM..

Old 04-10-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I've always gotten a chuckle out of people who "announce" who they have blocked.

[Trumpets sounding]......I hereby decree that I have blocked "Imissthe90's" because they made me mad.........and the rest of you be careful, because you may be next.........[Trumpets sounding]

Old 04-10-2019, 09:55 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Nonsense, you block people because you get your panties in a wad.
In case Jeff has you on ignore

Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
In case Jeff has you on ignore
He says that he does.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:06 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Otherwise your ilk will boast that I'm ignoring questions.
LOL, I once got a warning for calling somebody "ilk".

But go ahead. Sounds like you are announcing it as a courtesy to the blockee.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:10 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Lol he begged to please quote so I can see it? How immature. Just can't stand that I will never respond to his garbage again.

And Wardendresden is a "Christian" who spits on the Bible, and talks trash and makes up lies (like falsely claiming that I am gay) about Bible believers. He says I don't know Jesus. Yet Jesus taught that we should even love our enemies. Wardendresden has no love for his fellow brothers and sisters in Christ if they are fundamentalist. Telling someone to go burn in hell is one of the worst things you can say to a person. Deplorable behavior and my only regret is I didn't block him much sooner.
You have "evidence" that I spit on the Bible rather than read and analyze it? Please provide that for all to see.

You are the one on this thread stating I called you gay . What I pointed out is that your constant harassment of gays makes you look like a LATENT homosexual. It is my BELIEF, just like your BELIEF that your god despises homosexuality.

My sister is a fundamentalist who believes all the garbage you do. She and I get along fine because she isn't blatantly aggressive towards those she disagrees with.

I don't even believe in the same hell you do. I believe it is somewhat similar to Catholic purgatory (so, too, did early Christians believe similarly). So hell is not "endless" punishment as there is no word in Greek or Hebrew that means "eternal." All these atheists you attack as godless are going to be your neighbors sooner or later. In fact, because I suspect they will be on all sides of you, you may view heaven as hell!

You have displayed unimaginable deplorable behavior toward gays in general and even a few homosexuals that come on to these threads to find they are still the object of your hate.

And you forgive and defend pretend Christians, like Josh Duggar, even of their "sexual immorality" which you claim is the worst of sins.

You are a flaming hypocrite and a disgrace to everything Jesus stands for.

Someone quote this for Jeffie. He needs to see some more messages he doesn't like so he can get an idea of how he makes homosexuals feel with his constant gay-bashing. I will remain "immature" (at 73) in the effort to make him look at himself, because he is his own worst enemy and needs to know the bible is about transformation not information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality