Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 10:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
No, I understand just fine. You keep talking of atheists and fundamentalists in the same way, over and over again. You don't "make atheists look like fundies", you simply compare them and act as if they are two sides of the same coin. Which is just ignorant at best.

There are "fundy-think types" in every group. Literally all of them. No one has disputed that, yet you bring it up on just about every thread, and compare fundamentalists to "millimental" atheists, and stuff like that. My point, is your obsession with doing so seems unhealthy. Why are you so obsessed with constantly comparing atheists to fundies, even when it has no bearing on the thread itself? Especially since you claim you are an atheist, which I still don't buy since nothing you say sounds like you are an atheist.
No you are wrong. I strictly talk to militant atheist. all of my post speak directly to a certain sub group of atheist. denying or changing that statement is willfully dishonest on your part.

My claim is fundy theist = millitant atheist. they seem to be the same personality disorder.

I am not comparing "all atheist" to Fundy think types. I am comparing fundy think type theist to fundy think type atheist. why would you defend a fundy think atheist?

you are ok follow people that follow a central dogma of:
"some of us feel religion is so dangerous we will deny everything that theist can use that make atheism harder to sell"?

me, I don't care how the universe works. it works the way it works. and atheist countries are a fail. theist countries are a fail.

why would you force me to accept one as more valid when neither is the most valid position?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 11:30 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
No you are wrong. I strictly talk to militant atheist. all of my post speak directly to a certain sub group of atheist. denying or changing that statement is willfully dishonest on your part.

My claim is fundy theist = millitant atheist. they seem to be the same personality disorder.

I am not comparing "all atheist" to Fundy think types. I am comparing fundy think type theist to fundy think type atheist. why would you defend a fundy think atheist?
Which is my point. You do this constantly. Obsessively. Like you have OCD, only it makes you post the same nonsense over and over again.

Quote:
you are ok follow people that follow a central dogma of:
"some of us feel religion is so dangerous we will deny everything that theist can use that make atheism harder to sell"?
Who does that? Not me. I speak against the ills of religion/religiosity, but I also recognize that it isn't ALL bad, and not all religious people are the same. So I guess I would say, no, I am not okay to follow those people, whoever they may be.

Quote:
me, I don't care how the universe works. it works the way it works. and atheist countries are a fail. theist countries are a fail.
Funny, you post a lot about it for someone who doesn't care.... Countries are a fail because of things like greed and corruption. Religious beliefs or not, they all fall due to those types of things, not their beliefs.

Quote:
why would you force me to accept one as more valid when neither is the most valid position?
Who is forcing you to do anything? The only "valid" position to have, based off of actual evidence, is "We don't know". Everything else is simply guesswork.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:58 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
I assumed that Richard was using"manipulated" here in the sense of "fraudulant or falsified." Perhaps the first study described in this article?
Yet no data can be "manipulated" like a thinking-being can, and the data from that 1970s CIA-backed scientist was neither fraudulent nor falsified.

"misleading" would be the worst that the CIA managed to have the scientist do/write,

the easily CIA-manipulated corporate sensationalist media probably took it from there.

Yes, of course, ANY chemical at high enough amounts will cause "disrupted brain waves". LOL

Alcohol probably being the worst drug in any harm department.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:38 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Which is my point. You do this constantly. Obsessively. Like you have OCD, only it makes you post the same nonsense over and over again.
Why are atheists not OCD for posting their SAME nonsense over and over again?

Old 04-17-2019, 10:35 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because most of us are not one-trick ponies.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
oh wait, you won't, all you do is support iron curtain thinking.
LMAO!

Quote:
Why are Christians not OCD for posting their SAME nonsense over and over again?

If Christians keep presenting the same claims, atheists will have to keep giving the same responses. That's how it is. We can't change the facts simply because you have heard the facts before.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Old 04-18-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
LMAO!

Why are Christians not OCD for posting their SAME nonsense over and over again?

If Christians keep presenting the same claims, atheists will have to keep giving the same responses. That's how it is. We can't change the facts simply because you have heard the facts before.
exactly right. we need to face down fundy think types when they present less valid claims. every time they say them we need to address them.

while fundy atheist keep making the same statements we (regular atheist) need to keep repeatedly calling it out as nonsense sometimes.

rejecting things like we are in a system of life because you fundy think types think its bad for atheism and/or a god thing needs to be consistently put down as nothing more than a conclusion based on their statement of belief about god and religion. and the claim we are not, doesn't match observation.

The fundy think types that follow the dogma of "we feel religion is so dangerous we need to deny anything the theist can use to make atheism harder to sell." are the problem.

trans ... you wanna respond ... you were the one that told me this. I know you won't, because you know its a stupid starting point.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Because most of us are not one-trick ponies.
E=MC^2 is a one trick pony.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
It isn't that it is the same content, Mystic. I have explained this before. It is because it is the same few sentences and words, over and over again. That's why I told Arach he should either get over his obsession with "fundy atheists", or get some new material.

I have also told other posters they are boring with their repetition, and should get new material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality