Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 11:11 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus teaches the opposite. He points all to his Father--Hallowed be thy name= YHVH(Jehovah)
Jesus teaches in what way?
Through which chosen Canons?
With which interpretations?
To which denominations?

Rather than simply a character in some book or another, or a feeling/spirit in the air.
It is more likely that your Christian teachers and friends are the ones influencing you, and you influence them back on what you think Jesus "really" said and "allowed/inspired" to be written about what he said and what Paul said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If a person would like a resurrection back to live life again, then the Christian religion as Jesus taught it would be the one.
- John 4:23-24
That or a vampire or zombie bite before death. There is also a lot of published sources pointing to that, magical bites.

One could have greater and better desires, however, and know better-evidenced and more reasonable ways of attaining them. Or even the same or similar ways of thinking/feeling that they attained them, whether delusionally or accurately.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Jesus teaches in what way?
Through which chosen Canons?
With which interpretations?
To which denominations?

Rather than simply a character in some book or another, or a feeling/spirit in the air.
It is more likely that your Christian teachers and friends are the ones influencing you, and you influence them back on what you think Jesus "really" said and "allowed/inspired" to be written about what he said and what Paul said.

I have been watching revelation pass before my eyes my whole life, so has everyone. Few actually see the reality of it. Written over 1900 years ago. They refuse to believe it. because 99% are in darkness.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:55 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Quiet your mind and "go within". Tame the monkey mind and you will find your answers.
Why Matadora, how wonderfully spiritual of you!

Old 04-30-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I have been watching revelation pass before my eyes my whole life, so has everyone. Few actually see the reality of it. Written over 1900 years ago. They refuse to believe it. because 99% are in darkness.
Yet 1800 years ago, they thought exactly the same as you, that too many if not all of Book of Revelations had been proven, so then Jesus was "right about" to return in that very generation before they grew old and died.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:53 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Yet 1800 years ago, they thought exactly the same as you, that too many if not all of Book of Revelations had been proven, so then Jesus was "right about" to return in that very generation before they grew old and died.

Its easy to see if you are taught and listen to Jesus appointed teachers= Matthew24:45

Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
It is easy to see the truth in the teachings of those that you are convinced are teaching you the truth. I see in the Faith - claims of the believers only 'This is so...This is so.." and the idea of any good reason to show that it is, just isn't in the mindset. The constant reiteration of Faith - claims really seems to be all that matters.

Quote:
The only real darkness...is Faith. It locks the mind in. How many times I have seen the believer faced with convincing proof and so many times they pull away, violently. "I won't look. This isn't there." Faith isn't a good thing, it's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why Matadora, how wonderfully spiritual of you!
There is no real disparity between the 'spirit' and the reason of the conscious mind.

Quote:
Yes.The believed in 1000 AD that they took to be something more than numbers on paper, and again in 2000, and so many times in between. and when they are wrong, they carry right on believing that they are right. Faith is the greatest enemy of the human mind and thus, as Mystic is within an inch of seeing, the human Spirit.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-04-2019 at 07:06 PM..

Old 05-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Its easy to see if you are taught and listen to Jesus appointed teachers= Matthew24:45
The unveiling loyalty to truth was that they thought "ALL" was just recently fulfilled for them ("passing before their eyes") and their generation, but not for their great-grandparents' generation. And their great-grandparents thought the same in 1900, in 1600, in 1000, in 700, in 200.

That's what they thought too! 1800 years ago. They were wrong. Like their ancestors, the genes were the same. The societal needs and requirements for their self-oppression and uplifting of the status-quo were similar although slightly changing.

Bibliolatry and is worrisome. Instead, save yourself from the shepherds who fleece and the shepherds' pie. Know how what you idolize was created, how it was transformed and transferred, what the "appointment" of one idol or another even is (a human judgement in human minds).

Do not keep fighting and killing each other and more others with the letter that kill the Spirit.

Quote:
A book titled after Mathew, a section labeled as 24:44 -

"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not, then that is when the son of man finally comes again."

(there were no "capital only first letters" in ancient Greek)
Be careful who you nail upon a cross! Be careful of what ignorance does! Be careful of the things you so verily choose. For if anyone continues to believe that the Son of Adam comes to finally fix all of the mistakes himself, he then surely WILL NOT!

Only in such an hour as you think not, then it is that the world will be saved. That is, according to a mythology that some humans have chosen. So then be a Hero and summon your supposed Firefighter! Live long, be tortured, and die for the cause of goodness. A true sacrifice in never being reborn into any existence, ceasing to exist, or existing but being tortured eternally. A true sacrifice. Truly worthy of utmost reward. Doubt, Beware, Test, Know better, all better. Ever closer to the Enlightenment of all sentient beings.

That which is good and true is as obvious, if not more so, than how one tests for a "right teacher" to actually be good and true. Although a Perfect Teacher would be able to Enlighten Hells, there is a need for good students, not "right teachers." I ask them not to look with idol eyes upon others or upon me, I ask them to set themselves free. Listen and consider everything there is. Not to veil their eyes to hide their hiss. Personal responsibility is what it is.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 05-04-2019 at 08:48 PM..

Old 05-04-2019, 07:44 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
The point was that they thought "ALL" was "just recently" fullfilled "but not before recently for my generation" in 1900, in 1600, in 1000, in 700, in 200.

That's what they thought too! 1800 years ago. They were wrong. Like their ancestors, the genes were the same. The societal needs and requirements for their self-oppression were similar although slightly changing.

Bibliolatry is sickening. Instead, save yourself from the shepherds who fleece and the shepherds' pie. Know how your idol was created, and what you idol even is.
Mind you, Israel is a tricky one. But that is still in the future ...which is maybe the point. You can't collect when it happens, you can collect when it's going to happen any day, now.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
The unveiling loyalty to truth was that they thought "ALL" was just recently fulfilled for them ("passing before their eyes") and their generation, but not for their great-grandparents' generation. And their great-grandparents thought the same in 1900, in 1600, in 1000, in 700, in 200.

That's what they thought too! 1800 years ago. They were wrong. Like their ancestors, the genes were the same. The societal needs and requirements for their self-oppression and uplifting of the status-quo were similar although slightly changing.

Bibliolatry and is worrisome. Instead, save yourself from the shepherds who fleece and the shepherds' pie. Know how what you idolize was created, how it was transformed and transferred, what the "appointment" of one idol or another even is (a human judgement in human minds).

Do not keep fighting and killing each other and more others with the letter that kill the Spirit.

Be careful who you nail upon a cross! Be careful of what ignorance does! Be careful of the things you so verily choose. For if anyone continues to believe that the Son of Adam comes to finally fix all of the mistakes himself, he then surely WILL NOT!

Only in such an hour as you think not, then it is that the world will be saved. That is, according to a mythology that some humans have chosen. So then be a Hero and summon your supposed Firefighter! Live long, be tortured, and die for the cause of goodness. A true sacrifice in never being reborn into any existence, ceasing to exist, or existing but being tortured eternally. A true sacrifice. Truly worthy of utmost reward. Doubt, Beware, Test, Know better, all better. Ever closer to the Enlightenment of all sentient beings.

That which is good and true is as obvious, if not more so, than how one tests for a "right teacher" to actually be good and true. Although a Perfect Teacher would be able to Enlighten Hells, there is a need for good students, not "right teachers." I ask them not to look with idol eyes upon others or upon me, I ask them to set themselves free. Listen and consider everything there is. Not to veil their eyes to hide their hiss. Personal responsibility is what it is.
you last paragraph is exactly how i feel.

Teach to the best truths we have. Teach the students "don't look upon me past being a reference point". And the student needs to do their job too. The word "balance" is very important here. 100% student or 100% teacher is wrong in most cases. Learning is a teacher student reunion.

also teach to the best alternative(s) we have if we are telling them they are wrong. Any teacher worth their weight explains the disconnect and demonstrates the correct process. "they are all delusional, frightened, little bigots" is not the best explanation for why people think we are part of something bigger. the emotion of "awe" is not the best we can do.

"deny everything because we feel religion is so dangerous we need to keep some truths out of the hands of theist so it doesn't make atheism harder to sell." just doesn't seem like the best we have as atheist. I was also told "I don't understand that ... all I know is there is no god ... and i don't have to explain anything".

You tell me, is that even reasonable for me to entertain as being rational atheism? what would we say to a theist that said that kind of stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality