Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 12:13 PM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Biblequotes you tried to pin atheist credibility on 'something from nothing' (which isn't an atheist claim at all).Biblequotes

You Liar. I try to pin? You claimed "Natural." And I told you before the solar system this Natural as you know it didn't exist.
Which is an assertion. And we have evidence for the natural. Intelligent beings just existing, the evidence is against.

Quote:
That wasn't the first cause. The end of conversation as I remember left Nothing Natural as you know it. And I told Arac "I couldn't be an atheist because I can't believe nothing created something."
This is not our claim.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:16 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
And I told you before the solar system this Natural as you know it didn't exist.
Our Solar System is quite young compared to others, and there are Quadrillions of other solar systems, plus Quadrillions more that have ceased to exist, and they all formed naturally and randomly as the result of physics.

Quote:
False! The different gods people worship prove they do not understand.
What is it they don't understand?

Quote:
Cause…in the beginning…that would be God = Cause.
It doesn't require a god.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:28 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
And I told Arac "I couldn't be an atheist because I can't believe nothing created something."
has your creator god and nothing existed at the same time?

Old 04-20-2019, 02:14 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, "I don't Got it!" You have no substantiation for this OPINION. God is WHY we exist and God establishes our Reality in His consciousness field (unified field). Those are my beliefs. Your beliefs or lack thereof are irrelevant to the tenability of mine because I repeat, "We Do NOT Know."
Two questions:

On what basis do you claim that God is why we exist?

If God is why we exist, why did you say "We do not know."

Old 04-20-2019, 02:27 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Thanks for responding. You are trying to argue that the intellects ensconced in your consciousness and mine are NOT conversing as proof of our existence as consciousness energy.
So much wrong there.

We're conversing, only because we have the FOXP2 gene that enables speech and language. Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Heidelbergensis and earlier hominids did not have the FOXP2 gene and were neither capable of speech, nor capable of language, as evidenced by the fact that they couldn't even construct simple symbols.

However, all of those species were conscious, in spite of their lack of a FOXP2 gene, which only means they were unable to express themselves the way we can.

We do not exist as conscious energy. We have a physical form, being ugly bags of mostly water.

Consciousness is not an energy.

Consciousness is not an object, it is a concept. Because consciousness is a concept and not an object, it falls in the realm of Subjectivity, not the realm of Objectivity. Because consciousness is subjective, it exists only in the mind of the Knower, and ceases to exist when the Knower ceases to exist. In the case of Humans, consciousness ceases to exist when the brain is dead or no longer functions, since the body can actually live for a few seconds to a number of years after the brain is dead.

Quote:
I am asking what form the intellect I am conversing with is in since we cannot directly measure it.
Consciousness has no form or substance. Intellect has no form or substance, either.

There are only highly specialized brain cells chemically interacting.

Quote:
I have repeatedly said we do not know WHAT dark matter or dark energy are, but that they comprise over 95% of our Reality is NOT in dispute.
Some scientists do know what it is, but you don't.

Quote:
Since we cannot directly measure either dark energy or dark matter, you cannot make this claim.
Yes, I can.

The overwhelming majority, about 70 percent, is made up of dark energy—a mysterious, repulsive force that is causing the universe to expand faster and faster. The remaining quarter or so is made up of dark matter—invisible, untouchable stuff whose presence can only be felt by its gravitational influence on galactic scales. Dark matter connects clusters of galaxies with massive tendrils, forming a cosmic web that serves as an unseen skeleton for the universe.

Dark energy is a force, like gravity, and it has nothing to do with electro-magnetic energy or "EM-like energy" as you like to put it.

Dark matter only connects galactic clusters, not all galaxies.

Quote:
Since we cannot directly measure the intellect in consciousness, you cannot make this claim.
It's amazing how you constantly back-pedal and inject new crap into your nonsense.

Intellect can be measured. It's called an IQ test.

Intellect is not an object, it is a concept. Because intellect is a concept and not an object, it falls in the realm of Subjectivity, not the realm of Objectivity. Because intellect is subjective, it exists only in the mind of the Knower, and ceases to exist when the Knower ceases to exist.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:27 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Two questions:
On what basis do you claim that God is why we exist?
If God is why we exist, why did you say "We do not know."
That is how God is defined in religions that are built around God belief and it is the God I believe in. It is also the first and still existing unknown along with what our Reality IS.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:19 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
That is how God is defined in religions that are built around God belief and it is the God I believe in. It is also the first and still existing unknown along with what our Reality IS.
That makes no sense at all.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So much wrong there.
We're conversing, only because we have the FOXP2 gene that enables speech and language. Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Heidelbergensis and earlier hominids did not have the FOXP2 gene and were neither capable of speech, nor capable of language, as evidenced by the fact that they couldn't even construct simple symbols.
However, all of those species were conscious, in spite of their lack of a FOXP2 gene, which only means they were unable to express themselves the way we can.
We do not exist as conscious energy. We have a physical form, being ugly bags of mostly water.
So much confusion. The capability for speech is not the issue. The conscious intellect creating, evaluating, and responding, what you call the "Knower" below, is the issue and it exists within consciousness as the composite of resonant neural activity whose locus is NOT in the brain or "ugly bag of water" that produces it. It is a manifestation of the unified field that is NOT in the measurable EM spectrum.
Quote:
Consciousness is not an energy.
Everything that manifests in our Reality IS a form of energy/mass/momentum whether or not we can directly measure it - everything! We do NOT directly measure dark energy or dark matter, we measure only their effects on what we can measure. We do NOT directly measure conscious intellect (Knower), we measure only its effects on what we can measure like written tests.
Quote:
Consciousness is not an object, it is a concept. Because consciousness is a concept and not an object, it falls in the realm of Subjectivity, not the realm of Objectivity. Because consciousness is subjective, it exists only in the mind of the Knower and ceases to exist when the Knower ceases to exist. In the case of Humans, consciousness ceases to exist when the brain is dead or no longer functions since the body can actually live for a few seconds to a number of years after the brain is dead.
Consciousness has no form or substance. Intellect has no form or substance, either.
If they had no form or substance they could not manifest effects in our Reality. Consciousness is the substrate within which the Knower actually exists. It is a field phenomenon produced by the brain but does not reside in the brain because it is NOT in the form of ordinary matter. It resides in the unified field that establishes our Reality - God's consciousness field. What you call the Knower exists as our unconscious Self connected to our consciousness through the transceiver of the brain.
Quote:
The overwhelming majority, about 70 percent, is made up of dark energy—a mysterious, repulsive force that is causing the universe to expand faster and faster. The remaining quarter or so is made up of dark matter—invisible, untouchable stuff whose presence can only be felt by its gravitational influence on galactic scales. Dark matter connects clusters of galaxies with massive tendrils, forming a cosmic web that serves as an unseen skeleton for the universe.
Dark energy is a force, like gravity, and it has nothing to do with electromagnetic energy or "EM-like energy" as you like to put it.
You claim to know what they are but you refer to them as mysterious, invisible, untouchable - are you aware of such contradictory language? AS I said, we know what its EFFECTS are on what we CAN measure, but we do not know what they are, just like our conscious intellect (your Knower). It ceases to be detectable at our physical plane of existence when the transceiver is turned off by death.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That makes no sense at all.
Please explain your confusion about this, since most religions believe this.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:40 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Mystic, you have referred to two Unknowns (which gets you precisely nowhere), one of which not a week ago, (EM energy, wasn't it) you were obliged to drop as an explanation and revert to an unknown and undiscovered form of it (related to 'Dark energy - nice and mysterious) that nobody knows of apart from you.

You then refer to a reality of which we know a great deal, and you are obliged to make a case out of what is not known as a gap for "God".

Only yesterday you were painted into a corner where you had to revert to saying that it was all 'opinion' and 'belief' (which is not the case on the materialistic science side) and that you were making no claim so that you could excuse yourself from having to validate anything.

And here you are pontificating away as though you were talking about known facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality