Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 06:15 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,407,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That will be the central issue when dealing with fundamentalists, Arach. They don't even pretend to try to test whether or not what they attribute to God or Jesus is compatible with the true nature of God and Jesus.
There is nothing to support your views, and no way to test them. We have the written Word of God, and we can use that to test anyone who claims to speak God's truth. Where does your idea of Jesus come from? In fact, in the Bible, He spoke more about hell than heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 06:18 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Now come on. We may think that Satan is an absurd subject for discussion, but so are those ridiculous nativities - never mind the ludicrous resurrections, but we have no business to tell them that they ought not to discuss it here. Dammit - if we can talk about atheism on the Religion forum we can talk about religious beliefs.

Besides, Satan is often good for theological angles and can be a bit of a laugh as well.

What?....what again? oh, merry hell...I mean,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrwIs10XvKA

Very well...

Old 04-19-2019, 06:29 PM

18,917 posts, read 27,410,665 times
Quote:
That you can believe there would be such a tragic figure for ANY reason boggles the mind. What conceivable reason would such a being have for doing what you claim given what its fate will be in any case? What's the point?

"Say at last - who are thou?"
"That Power I serve
Which wills forever evil
Yet does forever good"

Goethe, Faust

Old 04-19-2019, 06:32 PM

63,568 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
That will be the central issue when dealing with fundamentalists, Arach. They don't even pretend to try to test whether or not what they attribute to God or Jesus is compatible with the true nature of God and Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
There is nothing to support your views and no way to test them. We have the written Word of God, and we can use that to test anyone who claims to speak God's truth. Where does your idea of Jesus come from? In fact, in the Bible, He spoke more about hell than heaven.
There is plenty to support my views. You make no effort to learn the true nature of God and Jesus because you accept completely contradictory things about them as the word of God. The Bible CONTAINS the word of God and tells us ABOUT the living Word of God (who is Jesus), but everything in it attributed to God or Jesus is NOT true. You need to TEST the spirit of whatever is claimed to be from God or Jesus against the true nature of God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. You don't do that because you don't even try to determine what the true nature IS. You blindly accept everything in the Bible.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, it helps to control the topics, otherwise people may become to relax in thinking they can discuss all things religious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
There is nothing to support your views, and no way to test them. We have the written Word of God, and we can use that to test anyone who claims to speak God's truth. Where does your idea of Jesus come from? In fact, in the Bible, He spoke more about hell than heaven.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:51 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,191 times
Yes, little pet, people are once again discussing areas of religion; that's what happens on a religion and spirituallity forum. Your simple-childlike mind just can't understand diversity. Forums are not suppose to promote cult-think as you wish, therefore you should expect the very thing you hate dialogue about various topics.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:00 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Yes, little pet, people are once again discussing areas of religion; that's what happens on a religion and spirituallity forum. Your simple-childlike mind just can't understand diversity. Forums are not suppose to promote cult-think as you wish, therefore you should expect the very thing you hate dialogue about various topics.
Sorry -that was to whom? If to snj, quoting the post would help. It wouldn't be to me as I'm agreeing with you.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:16 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,407,590 times
Quote:
There is plenty to support my views. You make no effort to learn the true nature of God and Jesus because you accept completely contradictory things about them as the word of God. The Bible CONTAINS the word of God and tells us ABOUT the living Word of God (who is Jesus), but everything in it attributed to God or Jesus is NOT true. You need to TEST the spirit of whatever is claimed to be from God or Jesus against the true nature of God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. You don't do that because you don't even try to determine what the true nature IS. You blindly accept everything in the Bible.
There's nothing contradictory about the Bible. Through multiple different authors over a long period of time, it reveals God's truth in a very particular way. The prophesies initially contained in Scripture are fulfilled by Jesus. The nature of God as the sovereign Redeemer of Israel foreshadows the salvation He gives to individuals.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-fairy-tale.html

Quote:
Another attestation to the Bible’s divine authorship is the vast number of detailed biblical prophecies that have come true exactly as foretold [...] Indeed, it would be completely illogical to believe these proven prophecies are anything other than the work of God. Incidentally, and amazingly, probability experts tell us the mathematical odds of just forty-eight prophecies regarding one person (i.e. Christ) coming true as foretold are one in ten to the 157th power!
Did you pick up on that? The odds are one followed by 157 zeros to one!

Here's another great article:

https://christinprophecy.org/article...he-scriptures/

So yes, we can trust God at His Word!

Old 04-19-2019, 07:21 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Sorry -that was to whom? If to snj, quoting the post would help. It wouldn't be to me as I'm agreeing with you.
trout. You can't quote the gif., he was demonstrating his usual childish displeasure with the posts.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:22 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It was aimed at me, Arq. When gabby gets flustered he forgoes internet quoting protocol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality