Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 12:03 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You claimed Bonhoeffer learnt about Hitler's atrocities before Hitler did those atrocities. Hitler was not even in power when Bonhoeffer returned to Germany.

Which makes the rest of your post a non sequitur.
Ruh Row ozzy, got another thing wrong

Old 04-28-2019, 12:06 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Hitler came to power at the right time, and offered what people wanted. Hitler also built a cult of personality, such as Hitler collecting cards in packets of cigarettes. And many people did not know of the atrocities, which is why in the beginning many Jews went to the train stations willingly, they did not know what was going to happen.
I cannot see how a christian could endorse Hitler at almost any point in his rise. I see a similar situation in this era.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The difference is that they are much greater in number. We are talking about BILLIONS in comparison to maybe a dozen or so of the other kinds.

Numbers are important when you study something scientifically. It's not a "stipulation". Sorry, no one would buy that.
So when the Romans and their gods were in greater numbers than christians, the christians were wrong.

Okay, I understand.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Ruh Row ozzy, got another thing wrong
Please tell me exactly what I said. And then please show me why it was wrong.

Until that happens, I consider you and Harry both to be lying.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:36 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:

Harry Diogenes said that you lied about whatshisname historical figure going to America and there learning from African American churches of the atrocities (ethnic and disability murders) happening in Auschwitz, etc when the German Nazis were in power even before being blockaded from getting resources by America and England and Russia due to their expansionist ideals.

Harry Diogenes said that whatshisname historical figure only visited the United States before Hitler even rose to power.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:07 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,578 times
Quote:

//www.city-data.com/forum/55053695-post115.html

Old 04-28-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Harry Diogenes said that you lied about whatshisname historical figure going to America and there learning from African American churches of the atrocities (ethnic and disability murders) happening in Auschwitz, etc when the German Nazis were in power even before being blockaded from getting resources by America and England and Russia due to their expansionist ideals.

Harry Diogenes said that whatshisname historical figure only visited the United States before Hitler even rose to power.
Harry is obviously confused then. If anything I said the opposite.

I will say this. I think that Germans were probably in denial about the kind of atrocities that were happening for a long time. Yes, that includes the Christians being in denial as well.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:

I will say this. I think that Germans were probably in denial about the kind of atrocities that were happening for a long time. Yes, that includes the Christians being in denial as well.
So what should the moral consequences have been for a christian in denial about Hitler?

Old 04-28-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So what should the moral consequences have been for a christian in denial about Hitler?
The same for yourself, other atheists, and anyone else who would have been in denial at that time.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:

You deleted your post about it, I think.

But what you said was "It's interesting the Dietrich Bonhoeffer was not aware of the atrocities until after he visited black-gospel churches in America, then returned to Germany and his eyes were really opened."

Well, it seemed to me that you did say that him going to America and discussing with African American churches made him aware of the Holocaust.

Anyway, Harry then said to your now-deleted post "Except he visited the US BEFORE the atrocities began. Why do you need to invent all the time?" Later clarifying that it was not just before the atrocities began but before Hitler was even elected.

I'm not sure why you deleted that post or why you conveniently forgot you wrote it, perhaps multiple people are using your account? I don't know.

A post that I responded to was also deleted, but deleted posts are not unheard of or that magnificent of a wrong.

Anyway, by the time the Nazis "German Christians/traditionalists" started forcing people to go to the camps with their fake "patriotism" drafts, it was pretty obvious that the previous Jews/Jehova's Witnesses/Homosexuals/Atheistic Communists/People with disabilities etc were for some reason "gone" and everyone knew that the previous Campaign Rhetoric was largely about exterminating them for the benefit of "real, historical, traditional, better" German culture to begin with anyway.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-28-2019 at 09:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality