Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 12:32 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,477,246 times

Advertisements

He hated Christianity

Hitler hated Judaism. But he loathed Christianity, too.

Bullock, in describing Hitler as a “rationalist and materialist,” quotes him in a wartime conversation with aides as saying:
The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science ... Gradually the myths crumble. All that is left to prove that nature there is no frontier between the organic and inorganic. When understanding of the universe has become widespread, when the majority of men know that the stars are not sources of light, but worlds, perhaps inhabited worlds like ours, then the Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.

By 1942, Hitler vowed, according to Bullock, to “root out and destroy the influence of the Christian Churches,” describing them as “the evil that is gnawing our vitals.”
“I can’t at present give them the answer they’ve been asking for,” Hitler said. “The time will come when I’ll settle my account with them. They’ll hear from me all right.”
But first, he had to finish off the Jews.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...=.f966cfb38bf2

Old 04-23-2019, 12:45 PM

16,588 posts, read 4,876,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
He hated Christianity

Hitler hated Judaism. But he loathed Christianity, too.

Bullock, in describing Hitler as a “rationalist and materialist,” quotes him in a wartime conversation with aides as saying:
The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science ... Gradually the myths crumble. All that is left to prove that nature there is no frontier between the organic and inorganic. When understanding of the universe has become widespread, when the majority of men know that the stars are not sources of light, but worlds, perhaps inhabited worlds like ours, then the Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.

By 1942, Hitler vowed, according to Bullock, to “root out and destroy the influence of the Christian Churches,” describing them as “the evil that is gnawing our vitals.”
“I can’t at present give them the answer they’ve been asking for,” Hitler said. “The time will come when I’ll settle my account with them. They’ll hear from me all right.”
But first, he had to finish off the Jews.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...=.f966cfb38bf2
Everyone who wants to make Hitler not a Christian uses Bullock. What you need is credible evidence, like the source material from Hitler himself.

He stated his Christian (and creationist) views in Mein Kampf, and he noted his Christian views in his private library*.

Now here is where you assert without evidence he was only doing that for political reasons**, but I will remind you we have his private library. Or you do. It is in the US after all.

Hitler may not have been orthodox, but he practiced a type of Christianity.

* I will not use the unreliable Table Talk, even though that shows Hitler was a heterodox Christian.

** and we will wait for the No True Scotsman fallacy. My bet is on post 7.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:47 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,579,823 times
This again?

jesus h.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:56 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,592,408 times
Even if it were true, what is the relevance? Hitler was in power because God put him in power, according to the Bible.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Romans 13:1 NIV

Old 04-23-2019, 02:19 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,018,478 times
Fundie Christians don't like lugging Hitler's baggage. Much easier to pull a Pontius Pilate, wash their hands of him and lump him in with those nasty atheists, Stalin and Pol Pot.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:55 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,498,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
This again?

jesus h.
Indeed. This was almost doctrine 20 year a go. Thankfully the message has got across; Hitler was no atheist. He was perhaps not a 'real' Christian, but he was certainly a theist and a sort of Christian too, probably.

But occasionally this attempt to disassociate Hitler from any taint of Bible -belief pops up again. We know what Hitler thought about Christianity: it was weak. he thought that islam would have been a better religion for the west. But he certainly was a god -believer and thought that he was doing God's work. He evidently believed in Jesus and took him as some inspirational figure. Clearly he interpreted the whole thing to suit himself and he tolerated Christianity and Christians so long as they posed no threat to his power. he was certainly not an orthodox Christian seeing himself subject to the Church, but to say that he was no Christian is flying in the face of the evidence.

He was no atheist. He was implacably opposed to atheism.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:59 PM

18,804 posts, read 27,246,954 times
Atheist will not authorize archbishop rank priest to fly over Moscow front and bless the troops and front lines. Stalin did. Easy on Stalin, you folk here have no clue about the man,outside of what official propaganda feeds you.

Nazi never were really into Christianity. They believed in god and superior powers, but were working on religion of their own, more towards pantheon of Teutonic gods. Sort of examine their very tight relationship with Tibet and Dalai Lama.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,853,082 times
No True Scotsman fallacy...Now, how much did you win on your bet?...

Old 04-23-2019, 03:09 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,479,719 times
same ol' same ol'

if hilter killed for religion then stalin killed for anti-religion.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:15 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,498,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Atheist will not authorize archbishop rank priest to fly over Moscow front and bless the troops and front lines. Stalin did. Easy on Stalin, you folk here have no clue about the man,outside of what official propaganda feeds you.
I'd heard a story about a helicopter flying an Icon around Moscow to protect it from the German advance. Perhaps I could be persuaded that Stalin did believe in God.

Quote:
Nazi never were really into Christianity. They believed in god and superior powers, but were working on religion of their own, more towards pantheon of Teutonic gods. Sort of examine their very tight relationship with Tibet and Dalai Lama.
It was more Himmler and the SS that were into the pagan traditions. I gather their interest in Tibet was more to do with their 'master -race' theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality