Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 08:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Religious people have to be humble if they know the kind of ridicule they are going to receive just for believing in God.
No. Religious people have to be incredibly arrogant to claim their their own conviction of Rightness through Faith, if they know the kind of arguments that they will have to ignore and dismiss through that Faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Is it really that hard to understand? You know why westerners keep records? Because their culture doesn't exist without the (material) proof. You know why ancient cultures value oral tradition and pass it down through generations? Because it is archived in their genetic and ancestral memory. Why do they need record when everything is archived in the universe? Humans are foolish to think we are the only "intelligent" life. But that western selfishness at play again.

Why do you think native cultures were not allowed to practice their faith? Because those who know...know how powerful it is.

Everyone should find their own truth.
Oh dear. What 'westerners' do is science - verifying the claims of 'oral traditiopns' to find out whether they are correct or not. You know what religious Faith does? It picks whatever traditions it likes and dismisses all the others -on Faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 09:33 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Real truth comes from intuition.
If this were an accurate statement, then all honest people would arrive at the same "real truth". However, we can easily observe that what constitutes "real truth" varies greatly from person to person.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Actually, that's not what it means. I'm not you and you're not me. I could never describe to you what I mean. All I know is, I've often gone in the wrong direction when I didn't listen to my intuition. It told me "a" but my ego convinced me "b" was better, and the ego was wrong. Animals don't talk, but somehow they know when danger is coming and take proper precautions. How do they know? What is guiding them? Or are they just smarter than us?
And yet, plenty of them still end up on the dinner table.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
You guys didn't answer the question. How do they know?
Smell. Sounds.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Religious people have to be humble if they know the kind of ridicule they are going to receive just for believing in God.
And yet so many of them aren't. How do you arrive at your "facts", I wonder?

Old 04-26-2019, 10:10 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
And yet so many of them aren't. How do you arrive at your "facts", I wonder?
you'll never know, from her

Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh dear. What 'westerners' do is science - verifying the claims of 'oral traditiopns' to find out whether they are correct or not. You know what religious Faith does? It picks whatever traditions it likes and dismisses all the others -on Faith.
I can guarantee that any real scientist who has done his or her research eventually hits a brick wall where science can no longer explain certain things. It's at that point they will concede that something else must be responsible for unexplained phenomena. That "something else" is a higher source. Any scientist who doesn't believe in a higher power is a scientist who hasn't done enough research. The thing is, very few will concede this publicly because the system they belong to won't allow it. They'll end up jobless or missing if they try to tell people the truth. So all the "no God" science nazis get to keep believing the agreed-upon lie. The earth stays at a lower vibration (for now) because not enough people are living in their higher selves, and the negative entities get to keep feeding off everyone's low energy. The "Satanic" cycle continues.

For now.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:09 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
I can guarantee that any real scientist who has done his or her research eventually hits a brick wall where science can no longer explain certain things. It's at that point they will concede that something else must be responsible for unexplained phenomena. That "something else" is a higher source. Any scientist who doesn't believe in a higher power is a scientist who hasn't done enough research. The thing is, very few will concede this publicly because the system they belong to won't allow it. They'll end up jobless or missing if they try to tell people the truth. So all the "no God" science nazis get to keep believing the agreed-upon lie. The earth stays at a lower vibration (for now) because not enough people are living in their higher selves, and the negative entities get to keep feeding off everyone's low energy. The "Satanic" cycle continues.

For now.
So, not only do you believe that the only truth is "intuitive truth" (which is in no way actual truth, but mere opinion), but now scientists either haven't done enough research (of which you apparently think you HAVE done enough...), or they are actually believers in a higher power but too scared to say anything.

Also, not enough people are living as their "higher selves", therefore the earths vibration is too low, and negative entities feed off of it, continuing a "Satanic cycle".... I mean, you can' t even seem to agree with your own version of theology. You speak as if your beliefs are some sort of "woo", but then you talk of Satan, which is part of Christianity and its offshoots.... It's cuckoo for cocoa puffs...

Old 04-26-2019, 11:10 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

For now.
What colour is the sun on your planet?

Old 04-26-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:

For now.
Ridiculous. If we don't know something, that only means we don't know. It does not mean that a god, or God, or the Easter Bunny, or your tin-foil hat must be responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality