Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 11:25 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What colour is the sun on your planet?
It looks yellow, but I'm so far away that it might be an illusion. The question is, what is the color of the sun on your planet, because you and your ilk seem very allergic to the one on mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Ridiculous. If we don't know something, that only means we don't know. It does not mean that a god, or God, or the Easter Bunny, or your tin-foil hat must be responsible.
Listen, I know all you non-spiritual and atheist types are either not from here, or you had some very traumatic experiences with the church in your formative years that made you hate everything about God, but I'm here to tell you you're misguided. Figure out why you're so mad. Your feelings about religion are correct. Religion (like most western systems) is just a mechanism to control people. The reason the Bible doesn't make sense to you (aside from you probably just not being a spiritual entity) is because the rest of it is broken up into other religions. Just think of all the religions as various branches of the same tree. Someone just tricked you to think they're all different when they're not. They just gave pieces of it to different groups to maintain separation and control. Your rejection of religion is your higher self telling you it's wrong, but you took a bit too far and are now denying the creator. That's not going to get you very far. Just sayin.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:02 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
That's not going to get you very far. Just sayin.
Where is it we won't 'get' to?

Old 04-26-2019, 12:12 PM

Away from 3rd dimensional reality. Some people like it, though.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:16 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Listen, I know all you non-spiritual and atheist types are either not from here, or you had some very traumatic experiences with the church in your formative years that made you hate everything about God, but I'm here to tell you you're misguided. Figure out why you're so mad. Your feelings about religion are correct. Religion (like most western systems) is just a mechanism to control people. The reason the Bible doesn't make sense to you (aside from you probably just not being a spiritual entity) is because the rest of it is broken up into other religions. Just think of all the religions as various branches of the same tree. Someone just tricked you to think they're all different when they're not. They just gave pieces of it to different groups to maintain separation and control. Your rejection of religion is your higher self telling you it's wrong, but you took a bit too far and are now denying the creator. That's not going to get you very far. Just sayin.
Also ridiculous. I am no more angry with God than I am angry with the Easter Bunny.

And I am not "denying the creator". There very well may be a creator. Or, there may not. At this point in time, we simply do not know.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:17 PM

You Christians should love this....
More from Pastor Mac Hammond who is also the one that old reporters that 'supposedly' a doctor said "relaying one doctor’s account. “It’s like he fell off a bicycle instead of off the third floor of the mall"

Now he has
also told worshipers that Landen’s mother had a “premonition” after arriving at the mall to meet a friend.
“The Holy Ghost warned her,” Hammond said. “A dread came over her.”

Along with those remarks, he only real account that I could find so far, as to his condition came from this link
https://nypost.com/2019/04/24/family...his-condition/

Old 04-26-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Away from 3rd dimensional reality. Some people like it, though.
And what does that translate into in plain English for us less astute readers ?

Are you saying there's a 4th and if so,what might that entail and/ or how might we reach it?

Old 04-26-2019, 12:44 PM

I don't know how many there are. You reach them by learning that everything is one and everything is love. All actions should be carried out with that understanding. Very, very VERY difficult. Others have said in higher dimensions, everything you want happens instantly. You think of an apple, it appears. You want to travel someplace in the universe, you think it and you're there. Obviously I live in 3D and can't say whether this is true, but it makes sense to me, and I can see why the Bible describes such as "heaven". If you entertain the idea of this being true, you can see why God wants to destroy evil. You don't want someone who thinks of destruction having the power to create anything they want instantly.

I understand this sounds crazy, but when you mix science and spirituality together (which you should, because everything is one), it makes sense to me.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
I don't know how many there are. You reach them by learning that everything is one and everything is love. All actions should be carried out with that understanding. Very, very VERY difficult. Others have said in higher dimensions, everything you want happens instantly. You think of an apple, it appears. You want to travel someplace in the universe, you think it and you're there. Obviously I live in 3D and can't say whether this is true, but it makes sense to me, and I can see why the Bible describes such as "heaven". If you entertain the idea of this being true, you can see why God wants to destroy evil. You don't want someone who thinks of destruction having the power to create anything they want instantly.

I understand this sounds crazy, but when you mix science and spirituality together (which you should, because everything is one), it makes sense to me.
He could have simply not created it in the first place. But since He did, and He is omnipotent, there is nothing at all stopping Him from doing so.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:49 PM

Hmm. This is where I will really start sounding nuts. I don't know the Bible history that well, but from my limited understanding, when God created man he told the "angels" to bow down. The angels were to serve man. But "Satan" thought he was better than man and refused to bow (be obedient), so he and his rebel soldiers were cast out of heaven (which I assume were higher dimensions). Man has free will. I don't think the angels do. They have an assigned job. It's like the military. There are ranks. Anyway...man could do anything besides eat from the tree. Eating from the tree would be disobedient and cause them to die. On a metaphysical level, I believe the disobedience opened a portal that allowed negative entities (from other planets) to pierce our atmosphere. These negative entities are ruled by "Satan". They set all these traps to keep people disobedient, and because we have free will, God is not going to intervene. We will just have to keep repeating the 3D until we get it right. God keeps promises; Satan doesn't. So we have to die and if we continue to be disobedient, repeat the experience until we learn. Then we can go on to higher dimensions ("heaven").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality