Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 05:07 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,990,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no basis for your positive claim of no God.
It wasn't a claim, it was a paraphrase.
And I full well know some posters are always licking their chops for any positive claims to attack. As I stated in the past this is not the climate for that and you quickly attempted to reprimand me for stating so.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 PM

18,439 posts, read 9,065,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no basis for your positive claim of no God.
Lol, says the person who yields about 30 baseless positive claims per post.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,494,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Lol, says the person who yields about 30 baseless positive claims per post.
actually the only one he makes regularly is the one about about a unified awareness field. and many high powered scientist think there may be a unified field theory. a theory of everything.

at least get his claim right.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:10 PM

477 posts, read 120,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I offer nothing but common sense. common sense tells me the truth is probably between my-god-only and anti-god. That is obvious to me too. the science data shows that to be the case.
In between "my-god-only" and "anti-god" ( or, more appropriately, no god) there must be some kind of god.
To you it maybe common sense or even obvious.

Please show how science data shows that to be the case, b/c it's neither common sense nor obvious to me.
To me it looks like unsubstantiated claim that should be ignored.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
In between "my-god-only" and "anti-god" ( or, more appropriately, no god) there must be some kind of god.
To you it maybe common sense or even obvious.

Please show how science data shows that to be the case, b/c it's neither common sense nor obvious to me.
To me it looks like unsubstantiated claim that should be ignored.
I never said some kind of god, please get it right. You placing a tag, probably for some other personal agenda.

lmao ... ignored. substantiated v... that's friggen funny. I get the same same thing from theist when talking about evolution. they negate the whole thing with "I don't believe that." like it means anything.

then ignore it. or bring something else than "I feel its unsubstantiated". ignoring it may be your best option at this point. Based on this post you will be shown to hold a less valid statement of belief.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:13 PM

477 posts, read 120,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I never said some kind of god, please get it right. You placing a tag, probably for some other personal agenda.
Are these your words?
"common sense tells me the truth is probably between my-god-only and anti-god."

Then help me to get it right. Tell me what kind of truth are you talking about that lies between
"my-god-only and anti-god"? What tag would you place there?
Two extreme position on "god" and what is between if not less extreme position on god (some kind of god)?
Antelope? Refrigerator? Galaxy? Golf club?

Old 06-06-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Are these your words?

Then help me to get it right. Tell me what kind of truth are you talking about that lies between
Two extreme position on "god" and what is between if not less extreme position on god (some kind of god)?
lets use your words. you told me I am being captain obvious because I stated we are part of a larger more complex system that they are confusing as god.

Then you told me its an substantiated claim.

I mean pick one or the other. and why you are talking about god is beyond me. I don't believe in god.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:27 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,528,855 times
Quote:
Are these your words?

I'm almost tempted to help you out here, but you seem to be doing fine. and you probably said all you need to, anyway.

" should be ignored."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
It wasn't a claim, it was a paraphrase.
And I full well know some posters are always licking their chops for any positive claims to attack. As I stated in the past this is not the climate for that and you quickly attempted to reprimand me for stating so.
Well spotted I certainly saw your humorous paraphrase as talking about a situation that may or may not happen. Mystic leaped on that with glad cries as it is about the only basis he has for wrong-footing atheism -" we make a positive claim for the non -existence of God (or any god) that we can't substantiate".

In fact, we can, using negative evidence, but neither side seem too happy about 'argument from silence", though in archaeology or - forensic criminal investigation, say - negative evidence is as significant as positive evidence. But I have explained to Mystic several times that, If atheism had made such a logically untenable claim, we would have long ago been obliged to amend it to 'no evidential reason to believe in the existence of a god", which is actually the position atheism holds, even though many atheists do not believe in any god any more than Mystic believes in Santa Claus. But he never seems to listen to anything.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-07-2019 at 03:37 AM..

Old 06-07-2019, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm almost tempted to help you out here, but you seem to be doing fine. and you probably said all you need to, anyway.

" should be ignored."

Well spotted I certainly saw your humorous paraphrase as talking about a situation that may or may not happen. Mystic leaped on that with glad cries as it is about the only basis he has for wrong-footing atheism -" we make a positive claim for the non -existence of God (or any god) that we can't substantiate".

In fact, we can, using negative evidence, but neither side seem too happy about 'argument from silence", though in archaeology or - forensic criminal investigation, say - negative evidence is as significant as positive evidence. But I have explained to Mystic several times that, If atheism had made such a logically untenable claim, we would have long ago been obliged to amend it to 'no evidential reason to believe in the existence of a god", which is actually the position atheism holds, even though many atheists do not believe in any god any more than Mystic believes in Santa Claus. But he never seems to listen to anything.
listen, you ran before before when I sussed you out about "there can't be a middle ground".

I debunked you so fast ... you ran away.

so keep sucker punching. it the only way you have any chance at all.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Are these your words?

let me try this.

do you want to be confrontational or discuss this?

what I said is this. we are in a larger more complex system. I said thats what some theist are misrepresenting as god.

do you see how that statement is in between "my-god" and "anti-god?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality