Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:14 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

This gives you a rough size of our universe, which currently is 93 BILLION light years in diameter:
The photo of course can't do justice to such an immense space:

(public domain)

But as large as this space is it couldn't possibly contain even a fraction of God's hatred for people who are not believers in Jesus as the divine son of God. Oh, you can believe in Jesus as a normal prophet sage who lived 2000 years ago and was crucified as Muslims and Hindus do. But unless you believe he was more than just a man--he was divine and he died for your sins, you have earned God's wrath and therefore His hatred for you. And this hatred is eternal. Which makes His hatred for you so voluminous that the entire known universe could not hold it because the universe is finite. It ends at some point that we cannot see. But God's hatred for non-believers in a divine Jesus is INFINITE. Which is why He must punish you with the worst pain imaginable for eternity for a simple thought crime that you cannot help yourself thinking because you have read the evidence against Jesus being divine. This is all according to contemporary Christian theology, and this is what children are taught in Jesus camps. In the Christian hierarchy's eyes and therefore God's eyes, you should never have laid eyes on that blasphemous literature that caused you to doubt. Better to have gouged your eyes and punctured your eardrums to not be able to read or hear anything that would cause you to disbelieve, than to have read something and doubted.

"And if your eyes cause you to stumble, pluck [them] out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell" Mark 9:47
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 03:18 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
God don`t hate people who are alive ............ But people who don`t have protection from God after death will not lose their spirit who will have a dry mouth existence until the great judgement of the end of time , where people who are lost to God with die in the spirit and be no more , as God promises a second death which will end people existences , as even hell will cease to exist.....

Old 06-04-2019, 03:56 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This gives you a rough size of our universe, which currently is 93 BILLION light years in diameter:
The photo of course can't do justice to such an immense space:

(public domain)

But as large as this space is it couldn't possibly contain even a fraction of God's hatred for people who are not believers in Jesus as the divine son of God. Oh, you can believe in Jesus as a normal prophet sage who lived 2000 years ago and was crucified as Muslims and Hindus do. But unless you believe he was more than just a man--he was divine and he died for your sins, you have earned God's wrath and therefore His hatred for you. And this hatred is eternal. Which makes His hatred for you so voluminous that the entire known universe could not hold it because the universe is finite. It ends at some point that we cannot see. But God's hatred for non-believers in a divine Jesus is INFINITE. Which is why He must punish you with the worst pain imaginable for eternity for a simple thought crime that you cannot help yourself thinking because you have read the evidence against Jesus being divine. This is all according to contemporary Christian theology, and this is what children are taught in Jesus camps. In the Christian hierarchy's eyes and therefore God's eyes, you should never have laid eyes on that blasphemous literature that caused you to doubt. Better to have gouged your eyes and punctured your eardrums to not be able to read or hear anything that would cause you to disbelieve, than to have read something and doubted.

"And if your eyes cause you to stumble, pluck [them] out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell" Mark 9:47
Muslims don't believe Jesus was crucified. Not sure about Hindus.

The rest of this is sorta overly dramatic, doncha think?

Old 06-04-2019, 04:55 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
What a weird observation about what is essentially the GREATEST part of the lives of billions of people. Do you honestly believe we are all just stupid and only follow this out of tradition?

Old 06-04-2019, 05:04 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What a weird observation about what is essentially the GREATEST part of the lives of billions of people. Do you honestly believe we are all just stupid and only follow this out of tradition?
Without realizing it, yes.

And keep in mind that two-thirds of the world's people are not christians.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:18 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Muslims don't believe Jesus was crucified. Not sure about Hindus.

The rest of this is sorta overly dramatic, doncha think?
Muslims do acknowledge Jesus was crucified. They just don't believe he died on the cross. Hindus, I don't think they care either way.

Overly dramatic. Hmmm....I think it sounds overly dramatic but then the truth of what fundamentalists believe IS overly-dramatic. If we analyze what I say, I think we'll find everything is true.

Quote:
unless you believe he was more than just a man--he was divine and he died for your sins, you have earned God's wrath and therefore His hatred for you.
Very true.

Quote:
And this hatred is eternal.
If He tortures a non-believer for eternity He must hate them for eternity.

Quote:
Which makes His hatred for you so voluminous that the entire known universe could not hold it because the universe is finite. It ends at some point that we cannot see. But God's hatred for non-believers in a divine Jesus is INFINITE.
Probably over-descriptive, but still true.

Quote:
Which is why He must punish you with the worst pain imaginable for eternity for a simple thought crime that you cannot help yourself thinking because you have read the evidence against Jesus being divine.
Because I inadvertently read material that disproved Jesus could be divine, I am now under God's condemnation the moment I die. I will be thrown into hell's fire immediately. No trial. No chance to present my side of the story.

Quote:
This is all according to contemporary Christian theology, and this is what children are taught in Jesus camps. In the Christian hierarchy's eyes and therefore God's eyes, you should never have laid eyes on that blasphemous literature that caused you to doubt. Better to have gouged your eyes and punctured your eardrums to not be able to read or hear anything that would cause you to disbelieve, than to have read something and doubted.
This is all true. And Mark 9:47 proves it. As a matter of fact here is an excerpt from a book on the topic that says the same thing:

Quote:
If… those people will have a chance later to profess Jesus while being dangled over the lake of fire in the presence of God---a situation that will take no faith at all---then wouldn’t it make more sense to stop sending missionaries to them? Maybe we are SENDING people to hell by giving them a choice now, in a world where they have to choose by faith. But would this be fair to the rest of us who did encounter the responsibility of hearing now and who had to choose by faith or potentially be doomed forever because of it?” (Pg. 33)
Raising Hell: Christianity's Most Controversial Doctrine Put Under Fire 2nd Edition

Old 06-04-2019, 05:53 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
everything we define is in humans terms ... everything. we are just a small part of the whole.

there is no biblegod type thing. and denying, or obscuring, everything is just as adolescent.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:07 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
OP:

Yes, that was the god I was taught to believe in (or else!). I grew up in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Not such a great way to start out in life.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:18 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
OP:

Yes, that was the god I was taught to believe in (or else!). I grew up in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Not such a great way to start out in life.
Aren't you glad you grew into adulthood so that you could make your own decisions about religion instead of what your parents/overseers thought was best?

Old 06-04-2019, 06:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Well, thrill, let's go with the corollary to, "If he tortures non-believers for ever he must hate them forever ":

"If he doesn't hate them he must not torture them forever. ". I like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality