Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 10:29 AM

50,818 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It is sad that you have chosen influences that choose resistance to God .
If there were no god why the fight ?
Religion attempts to better man and make him a aware of his accountability . In the effort to see that he behaves with out supervision of others.
Are not morality and honesty and truth a good thing ?
Isn't believing in some one that helps one be more human and merciful to his fellow a good thing ?
Muslims are the ones killing Christians ( and any one not Muslim) yet you fight is against Christians . are you Muslim ?
1. It is sad that you have fallen for the pablum of the masses.
2. The fight is because someone has to stand up to the christian majority and say, "Yes, you have every right to exist and believe as you wish, but you have no right to dominate".
3. Some religion may do that, and some does just the opposite, and other forces do that, as well. If the only thing that makes you a better man is religion, then I don't think you actually are a better man.
4. Religion is not required for morality, honesty, or truth, and in reality, much of what is in religion is not truth. Again, if you need religion to be moral, honest, and truthful, then you are not really moral, honest, and truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 10:56 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
We have not chosen to resist, we do not believe.

Quote:
We are not fighting a god, but the fundamentalists.

Quote:
Religion attempts to better man and make him a aware of his accountability . In the effort to see that he behaves with out supervision of others.
Religion is not required, and causes problems for those who think people should follow the rules of their religion.

Quote:
Yes, and religion is not required for them. That is why no western country follows the OT laws. A big clue.

Quote:
Isn't believing in some one that helps one be more human and merciful to his fellow a good thing ?
Yes, and religion makes one feel less human. Did you look at someone of the opposite sex and think they look sexy. That is natural. According to Jesus, it is also a sin.

Homosexuality, natural, but according to many religious, a sin.

Quote:
Muslims are the ones killing Christians ( and any one not Muslim) yet you fight is against Christians . are you Muslim ?
What part of we do not believe in ALL gods do you not understand? And we fight the religion that is relevant to us. In the US, that would be Christians.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. It is sad that you have fallen for the pablum of the masses.
2. The fight is because someone has to stand up to the christian majority and say, "Yes, you have every right to exist and believe as you wish, but you have no right to dominate".
3. Some religion may do that, and some does just the opposite, and other forces do that, as well. If the only thing that makes you a better man is religion, then I don't think you actually are a better man.
4. Religion is not required for morality, honesty, or truth, and in reality, much of what is in religion is not truth. Again, if you need religion to be moral, honest, and truthful, then you are not really moral, honest, and truthful.
Well, written. You do not have to believe in a God either to be a wonderful person.
Sorry arleigh...not many atheists care if someone believes in Jesus or God...it's the pushiness
that everyone has to believe as Christians do that is the stickler...and actually repels those that are talked to.
And phet, I want you to notice my post 29 in ''What kind of fruit did Jesus' death....''

Trying to dispel some misconceptions about atheists...if you want to comment.
(I am equitable when it comes to misconceptions about anything.)

Old 06-28-2019, 01:27 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
yes, religion can be a good self help deal. Its seems to be better than government(s) at doing it. at least it is better in the states.

Its just that the religious need to understand what freedom of religion means. it means all religion have equal say.

religions need to teach that if you can't say a reason for making a law without using the words "god says so" the law might not be the best we can do.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:46 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yes, religion can be a good self help deal. Its seems to be better than government(s) at doing it. at least it is better in the states.

Its just that the religious need to understand what freedom of religion means. it means all religion have equal say.

religions need to teach that if you can't say a reason for making a law without using the words "god says so" the law might not be the best we can do.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:50 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
You can't resist that which does not exist.

Or, if your god does exist, your god is apathetic and doesn't care who resists.

Quote:
To strip you of 100% of your power, so that you can never harm another ever again.

Simultaneously, to compel you to comply with your own god's commandments.

Did Jesus not say:

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard.

Every day, christians flip Jesus the middle finger and spit in his face when they pray in school, in churches, on TV, on radio and do the exact opposite that Jesus commanded.

Actually, when you think about, it's pretty gutsy to stand up to Jesus and tell him to go Hell and get bent, because you're not going to do what he told you to do.

Quote:
Religion attempts to better man and make him a aware of his accountability .
That's never been the goal of religion, ever. The goal of religion has always been to ensure the prosperity and material comfort of a certain select few at the expense of everyone else.

Quote:
No god is required for that. In fact, your god is morally inferior to me. I'm a better person than your god ever hopes to be.

Quote:
It doesn't require god or religion for that.

How is relegating women to 2nd Class Citizen status being merciful? How does it help women?

Because Jesus says you should treat women as inferiors.

In what way is dictatorship a good thing?

Because Jesus supported dictatorship and didn't like either republicanism or democracy.

Quote:
And before that, christians were murdering non-christians and forcing them to convert to christianity, and christians were slaughtering Jews.

And, then, christians were murdering other christians for not thinking exactly as them.

Why do you think Jews fled to the Arab Muslim Empire and then later to the Muslim Ottoman Empire?

To escape christian persecution.

The Muslims did not persecute Jews, and would not allow christians living under their rule to persecute Jews.

So, what do you call it when the assassins accuse the assassins?

Old 06-28-2019, 04:58 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Muslims are the ones killing Christians ( and anyone not Muslim) yet you fight is against Christians . are you Muslim?
It should be obvious that he is but not a devout one. A devout Muslim would NOT excuse or apologize for the radicals using Islam as their excuse for violence and murder in pursuit of their political ends.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:46 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
It is strange to me that some one knowing the Koran and that Allah is a master deceiver, would continue believing in such a person.
That Allah approves of lies should be a big red flag .
Especially encouraging Islam to use lies to propagate their issues.
Jesus makes it clear there are no liars in heaven.
God of heaven is a God of truth.
Deceivers and liars have hell awaiting them . even the religious ones.
A Christian that knows the scriptures knows this .
A Christian that walks in the tutelage of the Holy Spirit Knows this . Not just the knowing academically but knowing from experience .
God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.
An honest desperate man yielded to Jesus in his life can receive something from God , but a liar believes all men lie to justify himself , will hear nothing from God because the liars mind is already set against Him.

I do not wish God into existence, and fabricate the intervention done on my behalf . Such a fabrication would create a conflict in ones belief system knowing God's record keeping .

God intervenes in my life both passively and actively and through miracles in defiance of nature or science or healing or finance , in every aspect of my life because I invite Him there.
I am often lead to pray for people I do not know nor that know me and have never met. But God knows them and what their real need is, and from His instruction in my life these are remembered and I pray for them as instructed .

Those that have learned to value their speech know the power of speech. but in those that do not regard their speech there is no power.
Jesus said even idle conversation will be held accountable.

AS an aside I have just viewed some you tube near death experiences by atheists . some good stuff.
No one is forcing any one to watch them .

Old 06-29-2019, 12:35 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Ummmmm. I suppose there is no gentle way of breaking this to you but....

1 Kings 22:19–23

19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20 and the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 22 And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you.”

It appears that your god has no problems with liars

Quote:
If you were a Christian that knew the scriptures, you would have known that your god has no problem with liars and even encourages them,

Old 06-29-2019, 06:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
It is strange to me that some one knowing the Koran and that Allah is a master deceiver, would continue believing in such a person.
A Christian that walks in the tutelage of the Holy Spirit Knows this . Not just the knowing academically but knowing from experience .
God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.
An honest desperate man yielded to Jesus in his life can receive something from God , but a liar believes all men lie to justify himself , will hear nothing from God because the liars mind is already set against Him.

I do not wish God into existence, and fabricate the intervention done on my behalf . Such a fabrication would create a conflict in ones belief system knowing God's record keeping .

God intervenes in my life both passively and actively and through miracles in defiance of nature or science or healing or finance , in every aspect of my life because I invite Him there.
I am often lead to pray for people I do not know nor that know me and have never met. But God knows them and what their real need is, and from His instruction in my life these are remembered and I pray for them as instructed .

Those that have learned to value their speech know the power of speech. but in those that do not regard their speech there is no power.
Jesus said even idle conversation will be held accountable.

AS an aside I have just viewed some you tube near death experiences by atheists . some good stuff.
No one is forcing any one to watch them .
yes, all fundy think types need lies, 1/2 truth, shunning, and finally war to force others to believe in claims about god that are clearly less valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality