Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 04:36 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Uh . . . Yes, you do, Thrill. Inspiration from God is available to anyone. There is no special class of humans who get inspired. The consciousness I encountered has to be there to influence anyone and everyone, they just may not know it or pay any attention.
So we are back to testing such Claims by evidence. if the 'Inspiration' turns out to be demonstrably wrong, what does that do to the claim? I'll tell you. it does nothing because the believers simply ignore, deny and wave away any unwelcome evidence as mere human opinion, and any ideas that pop into the head and which contradict other ideas that pop into other people's head and are claimed as 'Inspiration' are claimed as 'evidence' and the contradictory Inspiration is simply ignored. This is why the statue that a humanist society will have put up to the 'Eternal Theist' will have Eyes shut, fingers in ears, mouth open, reciting a tape - loop of repeated Faith -claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 05:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
This is a well documented and researched conclusion that many choose to believe, and yes, there are millions who do not believe in this research and logic. Each to it's own.

However, if we look at the logic and philosophy, given that, Jesus was real and he had a message, THEN, the question is, what was Jesus's original message? And what are the consequences for those, if any, who rejected Jesus's message or did not follow it?

]
there is no logic for a literal hell.

If we understand that humans are a mixture of logical and emtional solution sets we can see how something like hell would emerge.

Toss in that mixture, addiction, mental illness, and abuse and we see a possible nightmare cropping into the picture.

plus, we must put the beliefs in context of the time. Drugs, hard life, and lack of data end in the perfect natural disaster ... "eternal hell".

Old 06-22-2019, 05:26 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Uh . . . Yes, you do, Thrill. Inspiration from God is available to anyone. There is no special class of humans who get inspired. The consciousness I encountered has to be there to influence anyone and everyone, they just may not know it or pay any attention.
looking at it in a possible mechanism kind of way.

any volume of space that would have desires in too high a consecrations could be considered a hell.

for exampl, lets just use "hunger".

always wanting to eat. in to high a concentration it becomes always having to eat. now you never get food ... and live forever ... poof hell.

now do these volumes exists?

Old 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
..... So everything you read in the gospels about hell came from the minds of former
pagan Greeks newly converted to Christianity who still had the Greek beliefs of Hades
and the fiery River Phlegethon from which the Christian beliefs on hell originated.

Bottom line: it cannot be proved with the slightest degree of certainty that Jesus' threats
in John 3:16, John 14:6 and John 8:24 originated with Jesus.
The best evidence, the ONLY evidence we have shows that ALL of Jesus words in the gospels
were made up in the fertile minds of Greek writers trying to spread a new faith called Christianity.

So people have no reason at all to fear they will go to hell and suffer
eternally if they do not accept Jesus.
Wow...that was some study.
IMPRESSIVE work.
A+ on your first presentation on Hell in Logic 101.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
... Whether he actually said it or not, I don't care."
Can't stop belly laughing...

That was so damn funny...while shopping today I'm gonna think of it and keep the laughter going.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I can get a visitation from the Holy Spirit tonight
and report it tomorrow but who would believe me?
If YOU said you did ..I would.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:24 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Wow...that was some study.
IMPRESSIVE work.
A+ on your first presentation on Hell in Logic 101.
Hell in Logic 102 (much shorter) coming up.

Quote:
Can't stop belly laughing...

That was so damn funny...while shopping today I'm gonna think of it and keep the laughter going.
Store managers dread seeing shoppers laughing all the way through their shops. They're afraid customer are laughing at the price tags.

Quote:
If YOU said you did ..I would.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:45 AM

937 posts, read 743,633 times
Quote:
The consciousness I encountered has to be there to influence anyone and everyone, they just may not know it or pay any attention.
When you refer to the consciousness that you encountered, are you saying that you began to get very clear and intelligent insights and truths about things, existence, reality? This was happening during meditation? Did you also simultaneously feel blissful loving energy/sensation pouring into you as well?

Last edited by Chloe333; 06-22-2019 at 10:15 AM..

Old 06-22-2019, 10:06 AM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Heaven and hell are our lives on earth.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:20 AM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Heaven and hell are our lives on earth.
I think that may be true, and that concept comes up in Buddhism, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality