Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 01:11 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,015,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Yes, shoot the messenger who's come to tell you your house is on fire. Smart.
More like the boy who cried wolf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 01:35 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,591,600 times
Quote:
Yes I was jut telling you what convinced me. That is what I was asked for. It seem to satisfy you at the time, judging from your response ("Well, that's a fair enough explanation").

You think your behavior warrants respect? Compare your comments to mine and tell me who is being more respectful. I think your grasp on reality is very slippery.

Don't mistake your 'participation' on this forum as a substitute for a genuine search for truth. You will be in for the biggest surprise of your life if you do. Disrespect and narrow-mindedness are not the path to wisdom. I've described some of my search for truth. Did you make that much effort before arriving at your own conclusions? If so, please enlighten me.

You have a chance to turn this around, too. Instead of frittering your time way till your clock runs down, you could be actually learning something important by searching for your own answers. You're heading for the lake of fire and you foolishly ridicule anyone who has the nerve to suggest there is another possible outcome for you? I hope you think about it before it's too late. It's not my responsibility to save your from yourself.

You believe that a lake of fire exists, but do you have any evidence? Theists do not even agree on this point, so why should an atheist accept it as true?

Old 08-01-2019, 02:14 PM

63,446 posts, read 39,695,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You believe that a lake of fire exists, but do you have any evidence? Theists do not even agree on this point, so why should an atheist accept it as true?
Not to be too literal here, but there are billions of galaxies and each one of them can legitimately be described as lakes of fire (Suns). Just saying.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:24 PM

13,011 posts, read 12,965,062 times
Quote:
Yes I was jut telling you what convinced me. That is what I was asked for. It seem to satisfy you at the time, judging from your response ("Well, that's a fair enough explanation").

You think your behavior warrants respect? Compare your comments to mine and tell me who is being more respectful. I think your grasp on reality is very slippery.

Don't mistake your 'participation' on this forum as a substitute for a genuine search for truth. You will be in for the biggest surprise of your life if you do. Disrespect and narrow-mindedness are not the path to wisdom. I've described some of my search for truth. Did you make that much effort before arriving at your own conclusions? If so, please enlighten me.

You have a chance to turn this around, too. Instead of frittering your time way till your clock runs down, you could be actually learning something important by searching for your own answers. You're heading for the lake of fire and you foolishly ridicule anyone who has the nerve to suggest there is another possible outcome for you? I hope you think about it before it's too late. It's not my responsibility to save your from yourself.
A week or two back I shared my experience in looking for the truth. It was a bit more comprehensive than yours, and you responded by calling me an anti-theist.

Now you assert that people who believe other than you are heading to hell. Please feel free to support that assertion in a way that can be verified

Old 08-01-2019, 02:32 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,495,373 times
Quote:

Just preaching hellthreat, never mind making assumptions about My path. Just carry on as you are and we'll see how long you last here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Time to go for her/his throat Trans.
Is there a need? MadeNew has done it without my help.

Quote:
Yes, shoot the messenger who's come to tell you your house is on fire. Smart.
You shot yourself - in both feet. A Mythical fire does not excuse you.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:34 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,579,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not to be too literal here, but there are billions of galaxies and each one of them can legitimately be described as lakes of fire (Suns). Just saying.
Did the goat herders that pooped on the ground know about the billions of galaxies and all them suns when they were telling their campfire stories?

Just saying

Old 08-01-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I wish I could call that a nice try, Mystic You have said yourself that the hellthreat is not credible. I guess you won't be applying a Thumbs up icon to This particular atheist-basher.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:53 PM

2,962 posts, read 853,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Just preaching hellthreat, never mind making assumptions about My path. Just carry on as you are and we'll see how long you last here.
I know the path to destruction is wide and you do not exhibit any traits that would lead me to believe you are not on that wide path. Your fruits confirm your fate.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:58 PM

Pointless faith-based hellthreat. You know the Muslims would say just the same about you. If their hellthreat doesn't bother you in the least, why should yours bother me?

Old 08-01-2019, 03:02 PM

63,446 posts, read 39,695,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I wish I could call that a nice try, Mystic You have said yourself that the hellthreat is not credible. I guess you won't be applying a Thumbs up icon to This particular atheist-basher.
The God revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus would never establish such a punishment for ANY reason. However, you know that I am a creative and expansive thinker, Arq. It is conceivable, especially given the accounts in the spiritual fossil record of bad people ending up as stars in the sky, that a "natural" consequence (to use your God word) could be just that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality