Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2020, 07:40 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You think there's been a change is the pattern of your posts?
I don't know, but I do know this: If someone on the internet says something wrong, it's my duty to correct them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 08:05 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I don't know, but I do know this: If someone on the internet says something wrong, it's my duty to correct them.
That's how most of us feel.

Old 11-16-2020, 10:44 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
And the best part is that you don't need to worry about religious revivals occurring again, because those must be a thing of the past. Even the post-Enlightenment ones.
I seem to recall that the price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:06 PM

197 posts, read 86,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So what?

If it talks like a Christian, it will walk like one.
Some habits die hard.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:07 PM

197 posts, read 86,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Thanks. If you don’t believe in a creator god, how do you explain the origin of the universe? Do you believe the entire universe (time, space and matter) originated from nothing, by chance?

(BTW, when I use the term ‘worldview’ I’m referring to one’s view of reality, which includes one’s perspective on life’s big questions about origins, meaning, morality, truth, life after death, etc.)

I don't have to. I let things be.

I don't know.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:56 PM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
The premise that you can describe, in terms of physics, the whole function of a human being… including knowledge and consciousness... is unreasonable. Knowledge and consciousness cannot be accounted for in physical terms.
The usual creationist question begging that ignores the findings of neuroscience.

Also knowledge and consciousness cannot be accounted for Christianity, which can only assert your god did it, which explains nothing.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
In your comment, above, you ignore that I was referring to “the whole function of a human being” (not computers) and you don’t even address the topic of consciousness. How convenient.

You often point out when TRANS runs from difficult questions, but you do the same thing. You run away from the fundamental question of origins because it challenges your ‘standard model’. How convenient.
Another irony meter destroyed.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Conflating knowledge and information with raw data just confuses the issue and obscures the point IWMN is trying to make, Arach. Knowledge and information ONLY exist in consciousness. The raw data can be arranged and stored in physical machines or manifestations but the actual knowledge and information, per se, require consciousness.
Did you know that people who buy diapers are also more likely to buy beer at supermarkets? This information was in data collected but not observed by conscious beings until it was discovered by an unconscious computer.

Your shallow understanding of information is amusing.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:10 AM

Quote:
What's really sad is that you are so opposed to anyone sharing good or inspiring testimonies.
And if we posted a video of a Christian becoming an atheist, you would pretend it is not a good or inspiring testimony.

What is sad is that you do not understand posting one video is ignoring all the other Christianity to X conversion videos.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:59 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
There are many Lutheran brands in the US. I believe that the one that is closest to the current National Lutheran Churches in Scandinavia is the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality