Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Might We See Or Discover With The James Webb Telscope?
We will find out that Nirvana is the truth. 2 100.00%
We will see Valhalla on an alien world where Odin's warriros are gleaming 1 50.00%
We will find Bhuva Loka 1 50.00%
We will NO DOUBT see Nirbiu and find out exactly when the end is 1 50.00%
We will see Jesus coming swiftly and we will all mourn 1 50.00%
We will spot a giant mountain headed our way to wipe us out 1 50.00%
We will look through an atmosphere and see DINO's 1 50.00%
We will see Thrill on another Earth when he gets the spirit and realizes he's being watched. 1 50.00%
We will see a perfect Earth during a thousand year rein 1 50.00%
Heaven, we will find out what it is. 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 11:53 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, it won't, because it was never designed or intended to do that.

Don't forget those promises include the total destruction of Earth and the death of all living things by the Divine Pyromaniac and the Divine Pyromaniac Junior for some trivial thing.

It's X-Moses, actually, and I don't recall X-Moses being reckoned as a prophet or making any prophecies of a messiah.

That's not how it works.

First, SETI's function is disinformation, not science.

Suppose you live in Miami and you're getting ready to go out for the evening, but can't find your car keys.

According to SETI, what should be your next logical step?

Well, according to SETI, you should get on a plane, fly to Seattle and start looking for your car keys there.

That's exactly what SETI does.

Since we already know life exists in the Milky Way, and specifically in a certain section of a spiral arm, logic dictates that you begin your search here, yet SETI blatantly refuses to do that.

Instead, SETI stares at far distant galaxies 100 Million to 150 Million light years away, of which we know absolutely nothing about, then not finding anything, claims no extraterrestrial life exists.

That's SETI's job.

And, why would you hold out NASA as some kind of authority?

NASA is no authority on ETs or ETVs. Not one person at NASA has ever chased an ETV, and no one, save a few astronauts, has ever even seen an ETV.

So, whatever NASA says is totally irrelevant, and the government would most certainly never tell anyone at NASA anything about ETs or ETVs.
You're not very well informed concerning what SETI does. SETI has been quite involved with and has participated in missions to Mars and Saturn, and was involved with the New Horizons mission to Pluto and beyond. In fact SETI has been involved with all of the Mars missions of the last 15 years. Read the following concerning SETI's involvement with planetary exploration of our own solar system.

Members of the SETI Institute’s planetary exploration research thrust are actively involved with these discoveries. Institute scientists have been involved in all the Mars missions of the past 15 years, and play a critical role in the selection of landing sites for rovers as well as being science team members and instrument developers. They are expert in the analysis of mission data, and have made several key discoveries, including the recent confirmation that early Mars was habitable for microbial life and that water is flowing near the surface of Mars today. In the outer solar system, Institute researchers have participated in the Cassini mission to Saturn, and have discovered new moons and ring systems around the gas giant planets and Pluto. Most recently, SETI Institute scientists helped guide the New Horizons spacecraft safely past Pluto, at a distance of five billion miles, and into the even-farther Kuiper Belt.

https://www.seti.org/research/Planetary-Exploration
Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to discuss science on this forum. But it is allowed to correct someones errant statements. And that, I trust I have done regarding your comments about SETI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 01:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone might want to print all this out and send me a copy so's I can autograph it and send it back, jus saying, when all my predictions come true, you guys are going to feel really dumb when you didn't realize I was a prophet.

listen hanni,

the data is making it look like we are in a living system. I mean we can classify the system as non life, but either way it points to the same thing.

There is no doubt that you theist have some traits you assign to god that match the system correctly. There is no doubt that there isn't a super being that has all of the traits of that god thing of yours.

so yes, it will be shown that some things theist say were correct and some things atheist say are correct.

bout the only thing that is weird is why we let the black/white, with us or against us, anti-god and my-god-only types rule the day.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:50 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
But the only thing that is weird is:
why we let the black/white, ie, with us or against us...anti-god and 'my-god-only types'
rule the day.
I edited your post, don't hate me...I just said the same thing
just now, I think in 'Meaning of life (atheist perspective)'.
I was just more long-winded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality