Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 01:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

I think paul might say

"Had I known you guy where going to take me literally I would have been way more careful in my wording."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 04:19 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I think paul might say

"Had I known you guy where going to take me literally I would have been way more careful in my wording."
No. Paul was pretty specific about what he believed. I think he would have been truly blessed at the time to know that Christianity would spread the way it has.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:34 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
I think paul might say

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
No. Paul was pretty specific about what he believed. I think he would have been truly blessed at the time to know that Christianity would spread the way it has.
This ^^^

So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. 2 Thess. 2:15

Old 07-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
yeah, I believe he may have been smarter than that.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
I really wish I had the chance to debate WL Craig. I think I could demolish him.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I really wish I had the chance to debate WL Craig. I think I could demolish him.
I feel the same way Richard Dawkins.

I think dawk would have agree that they are reacting to the system around them and misunderstanding it for a god thing. I actually think he would change his mind and go from delusion to illusion.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:24 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
I feel the same way Richard Dawkins.

I think dawk would have agree that they are reacting to the system around them and misunderstanding it for a god thing. I actually think he would change his mind and go from delusion to illusion.

Oh, I caught that. The God Delusion to God Illusion. Very good.

Speaking of the devil, however. I was listening to a debate that had eluded me--remember I said I was a debate geek. And here is James White, noted fire-breathing Calvinist, berating Robert M Price, noted American theologian who argues against the existence of a historical Jesus, for putting forth the idea that this very 1Corinthian Chap 15:3-8 creed, the topic of this thread, rather than originating within 3 years of Jesus' death is a later 2nd century interpolation. Very interesting how this "creed" keeps popping up in debates about the Bible's reliability and Jesus. For those interested, start at 38:12 and listen for about 5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmA6c0yoVrQ

Old 07-03-2019, 12:23 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Remember we're trying to convince gullible Christians this is a clear prophesy to the resurrection of Jesus:
I think many can convince themselves.

Quote:
Did I convince you that Psalm 91:1 is a prophecy of Jesus' resurrection? If I didn't that only means I'm not a very clever apologist.

Paul is basically doing the same thing, but he's doing it with a heckuva lot more style and wit.
Paul (and Peter in Jerusalem) must have been charismatic, and convinced enough to start a movement. But most people were not convinced, which is why this proto-Christianity remained a small sect of Judaism until the second century AD.

And from the letters we have from Paul, many of the original did not remain faithful. And from those letters, Paul sounds like a man you would not want to upset.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I doubt it, considering the Christianity we have today is different to that in Paul's letters (even though it is based on his letters).

Old 07-03-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This ^^^

So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. 2 Thess. 2:15
Ironically probably not a Pauline letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality