Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 06:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
theist stop theist. clearly, as you pointed out, in the crusades. we see that all threw history. like how white theist killed 300,000 thousand of their own children to stop slavery.

what is the worth of those theist lives? sacrificed to stop theist slavery? hmmmmmm?

I know that doesn't support anti-theist thinking, but as a neutral observer thats what I see.
"Neutral?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 07:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Neutral?"
yeah, i get ya.

"middle" might be a better word.

I am not anti-god and I am not my god only
I am not far left and I am not far right.

"neutral" might not be the best word word there. "in between"?

"stuck", "stuck in the middle" seems to fit best.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, i get ya.

"middle" might be a better word.

I am not anti-god and I am not my god only
I am not far left and I am not far right.

"neutral" might not be the best word word there. "in between"?
Yeah, the history of theist campaigns lends credibility to anti-theist polemics, but it does not account for theist perceptions that are not exercised in that fashion....if there are any. Heck even us Quakers have been guilty as a body of departing from our stated ideals; it's what we get for having humans as members. Can you believe that it took more than half a century for us to recognize (as a body) that slavery is just wrong?

Old 07-07-2019, 11:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
You missed the reference to Acts and the expulsion from Rome for disturbances over "Crestus?" The fact that the council at Jerusalem decided it was not necessary to be a Jew to be a Christian (over the objections of a substantial and continuing faction)?
Using he NT to prove the NT?...

Old 07-07-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. Those professing Christ have done some horrible things in his name.

Is there a point?
You missed the logic there, didn’t you?...

Old 07-07-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Is this another topic which should be forgotten and never discussed? My grandfather escaped Christians in Eastern Europe who were killing Jews as scapegoats in 1905. Both Canada and the USA refused entry of German Jews refugees from Nazi Germany because the were dirty Jews and one was too many.

Do you know the complete history of Christians against Jews? Do you not wish to know why these marchers last year shouted " Jews will not replace us" or is the only topic you are interested in being discussed is how good and correct Christainity is or how wrong non Christians are. This forum is not the Christian forum so no used discussing what a certain verse means on this forum as that belongs on the Christianity one.

So what is your point in you putting down threads that you do not wish to discuss?

Old 07-07-2019, 11:46 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,706,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Is this another topic which should be forgotten and never discussed? My grandfather escaped Christians in Eastern Europe who were killing Jews as scapegoats in 1905. Both Canada and the USA refused entry of German Jews refugees from Nazi Germany because the were dirty Jews and one was too many.

Do you know the complete history of Christians against Jews? Do you not wish to know why these marchers last year shouted " Jews will not replace us" or is the only topic you are interested in being discussed is how good and correct Christainity is or how wrong non Christians are. This forum is not the Christian forum so no used discussing what a certain verse means on this forum as that belongs on the Christianity one.

So what is your point in you putting down threads that you do not wish to discuss?
Political correctness.

BaptistFundie is offended at discussions of Christian atrocities, so we're all supposed to avoid that topic so he isn't offended. And avoiding certain topics so as to not give offense is the very definition of political correctness.

Of course, I'd wager that he thinks political correctness is unique to liberals, and that if he is the one offended at something, then it cannot possibly be political correctness - because it's all about him.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:15 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Political correctness.

BaptistFundie is offended at discussions of Christian atrocities, so we're all supposed to avoid that topic so he isn't offended. And avoiding certain topics so as to not give offense is the very definition of political correctness.

Of course, I'd wager that he thinks political correctness is unique to liberals, and that if he is the one offended at something, then it cannot possibly be political correctness - because it's all about him.
There was the one boy in elementary school who if we get into a fight he called me a bloody Jew. Of course I knew his father was anti semetic, much more than his son but where did this originate?

To BaptistFundie the unconfortness he experiences in a discussion about Christian antisemitism is much greater than my disconcerting of being called a bloody Jew, or the attacks on synagogues and cemeteries or days cools or the discussion of the history of Christians being antisemitic through much of the last 20000 years. I readily admit that I faced far less prejudice for being Jewish than my parents generation and they less than that of their parents.

But where did this prejudice come from? It's more than just a few isolated individuals that made laws that Jews could not own property in England or the expulsion of Jews in Spain or those white supremists in Chartonville or wherever, shouting Jews will not replace us.

BaptistFundie maybe thinks I don't have the right to know the sources. And that others should leave their knowledge or questions to themselves so that he doesn't have to hear that maybe organized Christians were not perfect. Martin Luther certainly wasn't. No matter how antisemitic how writings were it still doesn't depreciate how instrumental he was in the reformation. .

Old 07-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Using he NT to prove the NT?...
No, using the NT as a historical document to support other observations. It's called using resources to show that jaundiced presentations are not reliable.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
No, using the NT as a historical document to support other observations. It's called using resources to show that jaundiced presentations are not reliable.
Circular reasoning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality