Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 09:33 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We all ARE spiritual because we are Spirit beings. We only think we are physical beings because of our conditioning in our physical body.
Do you think that any bears, big cats, sharks or mosquitoes that bite us or kill and eat us only think we are physical but we are actually spuritual? Are they just filling their spiritual needs by consuming us?

Your claim that we are spiritual and only think we are physical is just that, only a claim with no evidence. No more valid than OzzyRules claim that we do not believe in any gods simply because we cannot understand his Bible. Or his inference that fundamentalist Christian is either the only way or at least the easiest way to get the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 11:24 AM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Do you think that any bears, big cats, sharks or mosquitoes that bite us or kill and eat us only think we are physical but we are actually spiritual? Are they just filling their spiritual needs by consuming us?
We inhabit physical bodies that are the production facility for our embryo Spirit but our Spirit does not even reside in our body. It resides in the unified field that establishes our Reality. Our physical body can be consumed but we are not.
Quote:
Your claim that we are spiritual and only think we are physical is just that, only a claim with no evidence. No more valid than OzzyRules claim that we do not believe in any gods simply because we cannot understand his Bible. Or his inference that fundamentalist Christian is either the only way or at least the easiest way to get the Holy Spirit.
I am not really privy to Ozzyrules' views so I can only assume we both believe in God but have nothing else in common, especially if he is fundamentalist.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-21-2019 at 11:35 AM..

Old 07-21-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
We inhabit physical bodies that are the production facility for our embryo Spirit but our Spirit does not even reside in our body. It resides in the unified field that establishes our Reality. Our physical body can be consumed but we are not. I am not really privy to Ozzyrules' views so I can only assume we both believe in God but have nothing else in common, especially if he is fundamentalist.
The two of you are more alike than different. Unified field that establishes our reality, sounds like lifting words from physics to sound scientific. My reality is not about a God, thete may be one but both you and OzzyRules have only shown that one must believe in order to believe. That I can believe.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:48 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
We inhabit physical bodies that are the production facility for our embryo Spirit but our Spirit does not even reside in our body. It resides in the unified field that establishes our Reality. Our physical body can be consumed but we are not.
All asserted without a shred of evidence, and contrary to everything we do know.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:10 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Lucky he's posting in R/S, as he's proselytising his own faith -based Beliefs, and no mistake.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:16 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
We all ARE spiritual because we are Spirit beings. We only think we are physical beings because of our conditioning in our physical body.
Quote:
I agree that we are spiritual beings but only as far as I believe being spiritual has no bearing on either the existence of any gods or if we belief in a God or not.

When I drop a heavy object on my bare foot, the pain reminds me that I am a physical being and the bruises and pain remind me for a while longer yet. I don't believe that we are not physical beings. If we were not, the airliners would pack us in much tighter that they already do.

So I might be a physical being with some spirituality but I do not agree that we are not physically beings. Same as dogs or cats. Or trees.
Yes we are spiritual beings in that we have life, consciousness imagination and emotions. We are also physical beings. Without the physical we cannot have the spiritual - we are anchored in our physical bodies. Our spiritual aspect is created (some might argue that point) and supported by our physical body.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Yes we are spiritual beings in that we have life, consciousness imagination and emotions. We are also physical beings. Without the physical we cannot have the spiritual - we are anchored in our physical bodies. Our spiritual aspect is created (some might argue that point) and supported by our physical body.
Totally agree.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
All asserted without a shred of evidence, and contrary to everything we do know.
Nonsense. Science does NOT know where our consciousness resides because it is NOT "matter," it is an energy manifestation of the substrate which cannot be contained within "matter."

Old 07-21-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. Science does NOT know where our consciousness resides because it is NOT "matter," it is an energy manifestation of the substrate which cannot be contained within "matter."
There is an article titled Harvard scientists think they can pinpoint the physical source of consciousness.

Have you any published papers that support your claim that consciousness is part of our spiritual reality or whatever your claim was? I mean you stated it was nonsense for someone to state that your claim was up without evidence. It therefore stands to reason that you must have evidence to back your claim. Even without this research ,hoe can you claim your proclamation is true because science has yet to prove otherwise. If consciousness does reside in the brainstem and two specific areas of the cortex would that disprove your assertion?

Old 07-21-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
There is an article titled Harvard scientists think they can pinpoint the physical source of consciousness.
Have you any published papers that support your claim that consciousness is part of our spiritual reality or whatever your claim was? I mean you stated it was nonsense for someone to state that your claim was up without evidence. It, therefore, stands to reason that you must have evidence to back your claim. Even without this research, hoe can you claim your proclamation is true because science has yet to prove otherwise. If consciousness does reside in the brainstem and two specific areas of the cortex would that disprove your assertion?
We know the source of consciousness currently to be the entire brain based on the kind of content that comprises it. The locus of the "resonant neural composite" we identify as our awareness and sense of Self is what we cannot find in the physical brain. The "nonsense" in my post applies to fishbrain's claim it is "contrary to everything we do know" because it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality