Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 05:50 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This "not everyone is a ____" excuse is irrelevant. The most dangerous and evil ones ARE and they are great in number.
It's not irrelevant when innocent people get attacked because someone assumed that all Muslims are terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 05:55 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Well I suppose someone had to make Stalin look good.

You know, I didn't realize just how bad the bible really is. Well, the old testament anyway. When I just blindly accepted what I was being told (as a very young child) I used to think that these victims deserved it or perhaps I just didn't think it through, then I began to think that God was around in those days but not in the present (obviously - there was no sign of any god anywhere). Even when I had thought things through I just thought the whole God thing was wrong and that believers were in error - there was no god and that was the end of it. But the realities of the horrors of the bible is actually a fairly new revelation to me.

Heck, you know, looking at that photo of the plane about to hit, it struck me that our very own Mighty Queen was in that building! (Or one of them). Holy Cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy
You know, I didn't realize just how bad the bible really is. Well, the old testament anyway. When I just blindly accepted what I was being told (as a very young child) I used to think that these victims deserved it or perhaps I just didn't think it through, then I began to think that God was around in those days but not in the present (obviously - there was no sign of any god anywhere). Even when I had thought things through I just thought the whole God thing was wrong and that believers were in error - there was no god and that was the end of it. But the realities of the horrors of the bible is actually a fairly new revelation to me.
People the world over are indoctrinated into the prevailing belief system. Which is why we have areas of the world that are predominantly Muslim, or Hindu, or Buddhist, or Christian. I was born in a predominantly Christian area of the world (the US). And I was taught that God despises doubt (apparently God prizes gullibility and unquestioned faith), and that God would know if I had even the slightest doubt concerning my Christian training. Which is of course how brainwashing works. Some of us however are born knot heads, and cannot control our thoughts. Especially the ones we have been specifically ordered not to think.

MQ has specifically indicated that she is not traumatized by 9/11 photos, btw.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:59 PM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
This "not everyone is a ____" excuse is irrelevant. The most dangerous and evil ones ARE and they are great in number.
You can't have everything your way. Either you believe in freedom of religion as a principle, or you don't.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:02 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
It's not irrelevant when innocent people get attacked because someone assumed that all Muslims are terrorists.
Yup. Here in my own country some ****tard attacked Muslims and others of middle eastern appearance.

**** insert your own interpretation.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:06 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
The "not all are ____" excuse is no more useful in either direction. When a large number of them ARE, it is safest to be concerned that they might be. It is never okay to attack anyone, let alone on a mere assumption, so your concern is moot. There are evil and ignorant people in all groups.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
The "not all are ____" excuse is no more useful in either direction. When a large number of them ARE, it is safest to be concerned that they might be. It is never okay to attack anyone, let alone on a mere assumption, so your concern is moot. There are evil and ignorant people in all groups.
It's not moot because there is violence against Muslims -- in this country and without -- just because they are Muslims.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:15 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Thank you for informing me that my concern is moot. What a relief to have someone around qualified to issue these pronouncements.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It's not moot because there is violence against Muslims -- in this country and without -- just because they are Muslims.
Did you even read my post? Attacking anyone is not okay especially on mere assumption. But pretending that it is not valid to be concerned about violent Muslims when so many of their number ARE violent is not prudent.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Thank you for informing me that my concern is moot. What a relief to have someone around qualified to issue these pronouncements.
You do realize that moot means "subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty," right?

Old 07-29-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Did you even read my post? Attacking anyone is not okay especially on mere assumption. But pretending that it is not valid to be concerned about violent Muslims when so many of their number ARE violent is not prudent.
Every time someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean that they haven't read your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality