Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 09:29 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, if he does, he sure doesn't use that authority.
He doesn't act as your puppet. Yes, I've heard this same complaint from many atheists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 09:35 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
He doesn't act as your puppet. Yes, I've heard this same complaint from many atheists.
One of these days you'll find out, Ozzy.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Hi Ozzy. When I first began researching the claims of Christianity I was quite surprised by how much supporting evidence actually exists!
Care to present some...in your own words?

Quote:
I'm currently in the process of reading the whole Bible for the first time.
Ah....I see! So in your 'long search for truth lasting over many years that led you to the 'truth' of Christianity' you didn't even read the Bible fully...and yet you are trying to convince us that you 'evaluated' Christianity, Judaism and Islam - which would imply that you read the Bible fully and the Qur'an and perhaps the the Bhagavad Gita for good measure and perhaps the holy books of other major religions too. I mean, that would be a proper evaluation...but you didn't even read the Bible, so I would stake my pension on you not having read the Qur'an or any of the Vedas. So much for your 'long search for truth'.

What was that about giving enough rope folks?

Last edited by Rafius; 07-31-2019 at 11:27 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 11:24 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
Quote:
Were you spooked by stories of going to hell when you were young? Are you over it, or is it so deeply ingrained that you're unable to know, for sure, if hell is real or not?
Nope. The bible, and the words "God" or "Jesus" were never uttered in my house. But I have lots of friends who were brain-washed and history is pretty clear on the whole religion phenomenon.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:38 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
And there is God above who has authority over all earthly matters.
Is this the same god watching his employees (priest) sexing up children?

Just want to be on the same page as you Oz.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:52 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Is this the same god watching his employees (priest) sexing up children?

Just want to be on the same page as you Oz.
Those are your people. Even though you label them Christian.

Many organized religions have been corrupted by atheism and agnosticism, and many priests are atheist or agnostic (in case you didn't know). So the atheists and agnostics would need to explain what was happening, since that is what has infected the church.

Yet the word of God endures and condemns them. WAKE UP

Old 08-01-2019, 05:00 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:

Many organized religions have been corrupted by atheism and agnosticism, and many priests are atheist or agnostic (in case you didn't know). So the atheists and agnostics would need to explain what was happening, since that is what has infected the church.

Is this the same god that creates children and then starves them Oz?

Again, same page.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:01 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Gospel truth is: Resurrection - Revelation 1:18; Acts 24:15.
Scripture does Not teach reincarnation.
Gospel 'Truth' is not necessarily what is true. i would agree that the Bible does not teach reincarnation, though I have seen a few arguments (and quotes) purporting to show that it does. ("Is this Elijah come back from the dead?") but I'm not much interested in doctrinal disputes.

Quote:
Yes, I've been to a few different forums and it's basically the same on every public forum where religion discussed. The atheists tend to populate the "general" religion categories, but are less enthusiastic about forums dedicated to specific religions, or forums that adhere more closely to their comment rules.

The 'new atheists' were given a pep talk ("Atheists are intellectual superior to religious people") and marching orders ("Don't restrain yourself or act with common decency. Go forth and ridicule religion!") by the Four Horsemen.

The 'new atheism' wave of enthusiasm has tapered off quite a bit and there have been calls by atheist orgs to retreat from debates (below), but there are still plenty of die-hard militant anti-theists who are willing to expend large amounts of their time insulting strangers on the internet.

The next big thing for militant atheists to gravitate toward is Atheistic Satanism ('Satan-free Satanism'). The occult and satanism has permeated popular culture. This is the era of the anti-hero ("dark hero"). Good is bad, and bad is good! Yeah!! What could go wrong?
Well, isn't that interesting After requesting 'repectful' discussion answering nothing and getting nowhere, we get right onto posting some perfectly shameless invented accusations about how atheists plan their strategy and tactics. You do realise that so far you are losing any credibility through

a sequence of increasing wrong-oes
(1) preach
(2) try to control the debate
(3) post videos rather than make a case
(4) bash atheism.

Time to turn this around while you still have some credibility left.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-01-2019 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-01-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Care to present some...in your own words?

Ah....I see! So in your 'long search for truth lasting over many years that led you to the 'truth' of Christianity' you didn't even read the Bible fully...and yet you are trying to convince us that you 'evaluated' Christianity, Judaism and Islam - which would imply that you read the Bible fully and the Qur'an and perhaps the the Bhagavad Gita for good measure and perhaps the holy books of other major religions too. I mean, that would be a proper evaluation...but you didn't even read the Bible, so I would stake my pension on you not having read the Qur'an or any of the Vedas. So much for your 'long search for truth'.

What was that about giving enough rope folks?
Yes, we have someone here who doesn't know what's in the Bible, though probably read bits of it. But we are getting no discussion. But everything 'Madenew' has posted has been a derail so far - nothing about Why the Bible endured'. Ought to open His (Her?) own thread to 'discuss' whatever ..including this or that video.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-01-2019 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-01-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:

"No Real Christian" argument - like one of Pavlov's dogs.

We have a saying: "The Church is the only army that Shoots its' own wounded". If an atheist shoots a couple of people over a dispute about parking, we condemn that roundly, but we don't claim "Must really be a secret Christian".

Maybe time to post the Required reading' vid. about Christian double standards.

Don't presume to tell us to 'wake Up' - you're the one evidently with brain asleep.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-01-2019 at 07:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality