Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 05:41 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Five habits:
1) prayer to God through Jesus' name.
2) Bible study by subject or topic arrangement.
3) Daily Bible reading with meditation.
4) Regular meeting attendance.
5) Doing as Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; 28:18-20; Acts 1:8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 08:12 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I saw a UfO, almost peed my pants. Only 60 feet up, no sound, seemed to be drifting slowly east at dusk.*
Same size as about a 100 ft yacht...just floatin' by.

Means nothing to me, hardly speak of it...but I was stunned beyond belief, hyperventilated a bit.
Central NY; the land of red barns, cows and rolling pastureland...mosquitoes and lakes.
And I'm glad I saw it...I like being part of a minority.

* Decades later the exact thing I saw was re-enacted on the Discovery or History Channel that a policeman saw...
my mouth dropped then, too....cuz it was exact.
I hate the thought of aliens, creeps me out and I don't like talking about this now, even.
Then I won't make you. In all my time I only saw One UFO..and it got identification a week or so later.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:02 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Then I won't make you. In all my time I only saw One UFO..and it got identification a week or so later.
The government has changed the name to UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) and now has solid data and evidence that they are real but still of unknown source.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The government has changed the name to UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) and now has solid data and evidence that they are real but still of unknown source.
UFO (and UAP was an alternative term in my UFo days) was really misused. It simply means some aerial (or even astronomical) phenomenon, object or appearance that was not identified. But the term became a more respectable -sounding epithet meaning 'Flying saucers', which had something of the tinfoil hat about it, not to mention that about half weren't disk shaped - though a lot of them were.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:27 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Scripture points to God.

"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest."
(Corrie Ten Boom)

Old 09-21-2019, 10:38 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Scripture points to God.

"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest."
(Corrie Ten Boom)
I just know that if I look at the Old Testament that I'm depressed.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:28 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,160,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I saw a UfO, almost peed my pants. Only 60 feet up, no sound, seemed to be drifting slowly east at dusk.*
Same size as about a 100 ft yacht...just floatin' by.

Means nothing to me, hardly speak of it...but I was stunned beyond belief, hyperventilated a bit.
Central NY; the land of red barns, cows and rolling pastureland...mosquitoes and lakes.
And I'm glad I saw it...I like being part of a minority.

* Decades later the exact thing I saw was re-enacted on the Discovery or History Channel that a policeman saw...
my mouth dropped then, too....cuz it was exact.
I hate the thought of aliens, creeps me out and I don't like talking about this now, even.
This kind of experience wouldn't worry me if everything else about that person was amazing, which you are! Glad you got to see something really cool.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Scripture points to God.

(Corrie Ten Boom)
The choice is and always has been 'hard truths, or Comfortable lies'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I just know that if I look at the Old Testament that I'm depressed.
And when I look at religion I'm distressed.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
And reading here I'm getting just stressed.
I wouldn't listen to Corrie...since the Kingdom of Heaven is within, peace is inside ...be still and see.
Go to that Secret Place, Psalm 91...an absurd quote.

Quote:
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed.
If you look at God you'll be at rest."
(Corrie Ten Boom)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality