Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 06:22 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,356,140 times

Advertisements

In the beginning there naught but was Pooperscootie.

And Pooperscootie is all that is, all that was, and all that will be.

In the beginning Pooperscootie was kind of Pooperscootie, and kind of not Pooperscootie, depending on how you define Pooperscootie. For some long, or short, or infinite period of time in the past, or future, or alternate timeline Pooperscootie wasn't yet alive.

I wouldn't be until the first life had formed that Pooperscootie first came alive.

When the first life gained the ability to eat, Pooperscootie's belly began to rumble.

When the first life opened its eyes, Pooperscootie found it could see.

As life became self-aware, so did Pooperscootie. It became the universe, and all else that exists, has existed, and will exist, contemplating itself.

As Pooperscootie's mind began to evolve it dreamed up two children: One was the god of light, and life, and passion. The other was the god of darkness, death, and calmness.

Both children wished for nothing more than to destroy their parent Pooperscootie, and both children wished for nothing more than to assist their parent Pooperscootie, each in their own way.

The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to live, and not just to live, but to seize every minute of the day, to be driven by passions and dreams of wonders and ideals.

The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to die, to sink back into the nothingness from which it had emerged, back into gentle peace and eternal tranquility.

The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to thrash about violently, succumbing to every whim, every vengeful impulse and carnal desire.

The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to give up its hopes and dreams and fantasies and ambitions and let them crumble and die.

Pooperscootie didn't know which of its children to follow the advice of, and it still doesn't know, and that's why the beings who compose it have differing views about the purpose of things.

The God of Darkness wants to kill, if not life itself, then at least the ego, to help mortal beings to bend, to adapt, to mold themselves to better fit the cosmos. And once the ego is gone, once selfish dreams and ambitions and ideals and joys and driving passions are gone, what is left of life that's worth living?

The God of Light wants, above all else, the ego to live, to help mortal beings to revel in their existences, but with an untamed ego, resulting in pirates singing their bawdy ditties in brotherly narcissism, and Darwinian chaos, how can any life survive such reckless fires of passion for long?

The God of Darkness taught the beings who comprise Pooperscootie that they are pieces of the greater whole, that they each are pieces of one, unified being. The God of Darkness taught them that when they look into each other's eyes, it's not so different from looking into a mirror. The God of Darkness taught them that harming one's brother or sister is not so different from harming oneself, and only a fool would harm oneself. The God of Darkness taught them that we are one.

The God of Light then reminded them of their children, their lovely children, and their wives and husbands, and their families and friends, and their dreams and passions and hobbies. It reminded them of violin playing, and dancing, and individuality, and it spoke up within each being saying "I am me!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 08:19 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
This is a myth or theology, not a religion.

A religion could require also that you have regular congregants in multiple generations, at least according to most Judges in the United States who grant the special State privilege of tax-breaks to Religions.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

In the beginning Pooperscootie was kind of Pooperscootie, and kind of not Pooperscootie, depending on how you define Pooperscootie. For some long, or short, or infinite period of time in the past, or future, or alternate timeline Pooperscootie wasn't yet alive.

I wouldn't be until the first life had formed that Pooperscootie first came alive.

When the first life gained the ability to eat, Pooperscootie's belly began to rumble.

As life became self-aware, so did Pooperscootie. It became the universe, and all else that exists, has existed, and will exist, contemplating itself.

As Pooperscootie's mind began to evolve it dreamed up two children: One was the god of light, and life, and passion. The other was the god of darkness, death, and calmness.

Both children wished for nothing more than to destroy their parent Pooperscootie, and both children wished for nothing more than to assist their parent Pooperscootie, each in their own way.

The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to live, and not just to live, but to seize every minute of the day, to be driven by passions and dreams of wonders and ideals.

The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to die, to sink back into the nothingness from which it had emerged, back into gentle peace and eternal tranquility.

The God of Light wanted Pooperscootie to thrash about violently, succumbing to every whim, every vengeful impulse and carnal desire.

The God of Darkness wanted Pooperscootie to give up its hopes and dreams and fantasies and ambitions and let them crumble and die.

Pooperscootie didn't know which of its children to follow the advice of, and it still doesn't know, and that's why the beings who compose it have differing views about the purpose of things.

The God of Darkness wants to kill, if not life itself, then at least the ego, to help mortal beings to bend, to adapt, to mold themselves to better fit the cosmos. And once the ego is gone, once selfish dreams and ambitions and ideals and joys and driving passions are gone, what is left of life that's worth living?

The God of Light wants, above all else, the ego to live, to help mortal beings to revel in their existences, but with an untamed ego, resulting in pirates singing their bawdy ditties in brotherly narcissism, and Darwinian chaos, how can any life survive such reckless fires of passion for long?

The God of Darkness taught the beings who comprise Pooperscootie that they are pieces of the greater whole, that they each are pieces of one, unified being. The God of Darkness taught them that when they look into each other's eyes, it's not so different from looking into a mirror. The God of Darkness taught them that harming one's brother or sister is not so different from harming oneself, and only a fool would harm oneself. The God of Darkness taught them that we are one.

The God of Light then reminded them of their children, their lovely children, and their wives and husbands, and their families and friends, and their dreams and passions and hobbies. It reminded them of violin playing, and dancing, and individuality, and it spoke up within each being saying "I am me!"
You will probably get sick if you don’t fart a few times everyday.
You can’t stop your eyes from blinking for a couple of hours.
Sooner or later, you will be a pile of rotten flesh and decaying bones buried under 8 feet of dust.
You are only a subject to many, many limitations.
With this worth, I don’t think you qualify to create a religion.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:21 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:

Unfortunately...this is just more of the dumbstuff that is typical of this forum...with no real purpose but to mock and insult religion and religious believers.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:53 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,266,278 times
Quote:

And Pooperscootie is all that is, all that was, and all that will be. [snip]
Thanks for the short story.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:29 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
This man speaks the truth. Animals can sense spirits you know. This must be true because look at these dogs when they see Pooperscooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw

Old 05-03-2019, 08:37 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,554,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This man speaks the truth. Animals can sense spirits you know. This must be true because look at these dogs when they see Pooperscooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw
Actually those dogs have worms. Serious need to visit a vet

Old 05-03-2019, 09:03 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,608,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You will probably get sick if you don’t fart a few times everyday.
You can’t stop your eyes from blinking for a couple of hours.
Sooner or later, you will be a pile of rotten flesh and decaying bones buried under 8 feet of dust.
You are only a subject to many, many limitations.
With this worth, I don’t think you qualify to create a religion.
Who do you think created ALL religions? Humans.... Therefore, you are saying that no one is qualified to create a religion, including those that created Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc etc. Glad we are on the same page

Old 05-03-2019, 03:41 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Actually those dogs have worms. Serious need to visit a vet
What's that some arrogant science stuff?

Old 05-03-2019, 04:18 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,356,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Unfortunately...this is just more of the dumbstuff that is typical of this forum...with no real purpose but to mock and insult religion and religious believers.
Gldnrule...I would thought this is the sort of thing you'd encourage, what with your tendency to call God whatever the heck you want to call it.

This is literally my religion. It's an atheistic religion. I didn't think it up just to make a joke on this forum. I've talked about it before. You can find me talking about pieces of it on my blog. The sorts of personification involve help me deal with my fear of death and make life more entertaining to me. I probably care more about these fictional gods...kind of fictional...really they're just personified aspects of the existing universe...than most people I know.

I like the idea of people making up their own fictional religions too. It's fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality