Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2020, 12:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Since you quoted AA, I've seen AGAIN the statement "For some reason the militant can't have that, something about giving theism something and making it harder for atheism.(I believe the rest of that is "harder for atheism to sell")
It must be that Trans said that,or something like it, at some point in time...LONG ago. and AA just won't give it up.
Does anyone else even begin to relate to that tired, old repetition? Or even know what it refers to?
yeah, the wheel and e=mc^2 have been around for a long time time too. lets give up on them tired and beaten ideas and move onto something new.

oh right, like JW's, you shun your statement of belief from being challenged.

my bad.

down with theism up with atheism ...
does that make you feel better?

Old 02-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
There is no one denying something more - that is why we do actual research. But with that said there is nothing pointing to theism or the supernatural as something more.
Thats exactly right.

something more, not more deities is the most logical position. thats is a better starting point for these discussions than anti-religion or anti-god.

unless of course we are here therapy. that's not my area, I yield to making up whatever it takes to help an adult child of abuse to get through life. So long as we don't present their ideas as anything more than a crutch.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:58 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,032,278 times
Quote:
Some of his posts are very vague and not nuanced - it is hard sometimes to know what is he is actually talking about.
That’s putting it charitably. Jumbled tangled mess is accurate. I can’t even read his posts, they are an incoherent bumbling awkward mix of ill-defined mysticism and endless repetition of silly hackneyed nonsensical slogans. And then all of that poorly written with impossibly bad grammar, usage, style, etc. It’s unintelligible.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
That’s putting it charitably. Jumbled tangled mess is accurate. I can’t even read his posts, they are an incoherent bumbling awkward mix of ill-defined mysticism and endless repetition of silly hackneyed nonsensical slogans. And then all of that poorly written with impossibly bad grammar, usage, style, etc. It’s unintelligible.
the simple fact is marco, something more, not more deities is far more valid than your claim.

its why you have to be pushy and use negative adjectives. You do understand that your personality makes you the primary target for trans, right? stir up up the angry, disenfranchised, loner.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:10 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Thats exactly right.

something more, not more deities is the most logical position. thats is a better starting point for these discussions than anti-religion or anti-god.

unless of course we are here therapy. that's not my area, I yield to making up whatever it takes to help an adult child of abuse to get through life. So long as we don't present their ideas as anything more than a crutch.

Are you going to respond to my other posts or just ignore them? Why do you differentiate between deities and gods or Deity and God? On what basis do you do this? You said you based your belief about God on QFT but then said that deities don't exists.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:11 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post

I was trying to be charitable in the hopes of getting some semblance out of his remarks. I don't think I will succeed though

Old 02-01-2020, 01:33 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I base my beliefs on ...

https://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=jlEovwE1oHI

what is your based on?

My way of thinking made a cell phone.

what did yours do?

I already responded to this re-post of yours. Care to respond to my remarks? See my posts 1513 and 1514. I don't believe in God.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I already responded to this re-post of yours. Care to respond to my remarks? See my posts 1513 and 1514.
yeah, sorry, I didn't see your post.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Are you going to respond to my other posts or just ignore them? Why do you differentiate between deities and gods or Deity and God? On what basis do you do this? You said you based your belief about God on QFT but then said that deities don't exists.
"deity" is is defined as the way it is. It is a god with a particular set of characteristics. There isn't any evidence of that. God is also defined they way it is and I am using god as a more general word for what some people believe.

My personal statement of belief about god is that it is just the universe with a set of characteristics that some people are misunderstanding as a god thing. They call it god I call it the universe. I call it nature they call it god.

To me, if the properties people give nature and god are the same, and found in science textbooks, then I personally don't care what they believe.

let me ask you this. Why is approaching these topics/discussions starting with "there is something more, not more gods" such a problem for you?

Old 02-01-2020, 02:42 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
"deity" is is defined as the way it is. It is a god with a particular set of characteristics. There isn't any evidence of that. God is also defined they way it is and I am using god as a more general word for what some people believe.
A more general word - Uuummm! No! They are both supernatural. That's as general as you can get! There is no evidence of a general supernatural realm either.

Quote:
My personal statement of belief about god is that it is just the universe with a set of characteristics that some people are misunderstanding as a god thing. They call it god I call it the universe. I call it nature they call it god.
Stop the confusion and stop calling nature god. If you believe god/s or deities don't exist don't use the phrase "I base my belief about God on QFT." This makes it sound like you have a belief in God based upon QFT. What does QFT have to do with God?

Quote:
To me, if the properties people give nature and god are the same, and found in science textbooks, then I personally don't care what they believe.
Well again, this is a thread titled Comparing Atheism and Christianity so the God idea here is the Christian one.

Quote:
let me ask you this. Why is approaching these topics/discussions starting with "there is something more, not more gods" such a problem for you?
It is not, why did you think that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.