Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2020, 01:08 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yep, they love their useful fictions - one being 'we have the answers' when in fact it is our position that is intellectually honest, truthful, factual, but they don't love truth even though they say they do, they don't want facts, and they can't be honest when it comes to things like this. They love comfort over truth and reality an delude themselves into thinking they are in a better position when in fact they are utterly lost and mired in this their useful fictions.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, laws explain how the properties and behavior implicit in existence work. We make the laws (Boyle, Dalton, Noether) but the laws describe natural properties.
Lol you do realize you just said intelligence beings make the laws.

But that is not correct anyway we might name the law by understand what it does, but in no way do we make the law,

Old 02-15-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Another lie! I and others on here have on many occasions said that humans are all bias and in fact the methodology of science is to reduce that to a minimum.

And we have already answered your question - because you are deluded in thinking that you have the answers and thus do not stand in truth or reality. If you loved those things you would gladly be in our camp. But instead you value comfort and fiction over truth and reality.

By the way when we say that 'we don't know' we are including all humans not just our camp and thus are calling your BS out when you claim otherwise. So the reason you should is to extricate yourself from the BS you find yourself in.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:13 AM

2,962 posts, read 863,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You are able to think critically in all areas, except this one little itsy bitsy compartment of insanity. In that area, you are in a trance. We all have these areas. Like doctors standing outside the hospital lobby smoking cigarettes....
In what areas are you in a trance?

Old 02-15-2020, 01:15 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,078 times
I have watched in awe ten thousand times as God came through from Heaven & manifested before me. Our retarded earth science has Zero idea how the universe is structured. Their idiocy is criminal & they have absolutely no right to blaspheme God & say that He does not exist because they know better. NO. They know nothing. They are imbeciles. Absolute idiots. You can take that to the bank

Old 02-15-2020, 01:16 AM

2,962 posts, read 863,625 times
Quote:
No I do not. Your mythomania is amusing. I repeatedly reference those papers that use actual evidence because they counter your one video you repeatedly reference that ignores the evidence.

You can’t provide just one rational argument that your impossible god is a fact?? Put up or shut up.

No again when you refuse to answer our questions we repeatedly ask you.

Why are you asking for a scientific fact? It seems like you have a desperate hope that your god does exist, and must do everything to avoid the evidence we have, but you do not.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:17 AM

Quote:
You are presuming they must come from somewhere. My argument is based on observation. Who is being rational here?

Properties of existence is the logical answer, as you can not find an example where this is not true. Saying your god did it is as valid as saying Mbombo vomited everything into existence (or any other creation myth you wish to choose), until you explain how your god did it. Because if you argue through naturalism, you are arguing for naturalism. And if you are arguing for the supernatural, then you need to explain how the supernatural works, or admit you do not know.
we observe gravity yet we don't know what gravity is we only know what it does.

and your scientism answers as valid as saying Mbombo vomited everything into existence.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
He BS, obfuscates, runs and is intellectually dishonest. Just call him on it, point out his errors, and move on. He will then just ignore you with
no I won't harry as he does not run to ad hom like you just did here and in many of your past posts and gee you wonder why I you.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, I think we are one the same page.

It has been my experience that most atheist believe "something more" is a valid position. The science supports that position also. Its just that we don't think its a deity, its just the system we are in. "non life" just isn't the best description of that system. But deity isn't either.

for most atheist, if we have the same traits then it doesn't matter. For most atheist, if we can describe a rule for us all to follow without the statement of belief about defining it, we are just fine with that too. And most atheist will agree "anti-god" based rules are as dangerous as "my-god-only" rules.

This site has a high concentration of scarred atheist and this is therapy for them. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for trans trying to sell me his personal emotional reason for anti-god. They sound exactly like the personal reason for a god. he could care less what the science says. In fact, he is afraid of what the science says.

I haven't met one strong anti-theist that doesn't have an ax to grind. Not one. And, in my job, I get a lot questions about this stuff.

"social change", although a discussion point, is not the defining factor in describing how the universe works.

Well you must know a lot more atheist then I do because you are the only one I have met on this form that does not go right out of their mind as soon as God is mention. Just look at the <<cut>> storm that came my way because I agreed with you there was something more but that something more to me was God.

I for one am glad your here AA

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-16-2020 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: unacceptable language

Old 02-15-2020, 01:33 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Just wanted to point out I have called atheists bonkers or irrational and have even pointed out within your worldview it is logical.

And I understand that natural laws, like the law of gravity, which tells us how gravity works but cannot explain what gravity is. You guys seem to think an explanation of how something works is the same as understanding what something is.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality