Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 07:47 AM

5 posts, read 868 times

Advertisements

oh wait someone replyed

Old 02-28-2020, 07:48 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Atheist 101 View Post
i'll take the silence as this is the wrong forum
This is the quiet time of the day. You need to be patient. I only answered because I have taken a break from my work.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:56 AM

5 posts, read 868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It might be a good idea to raise this as a separate question, otherwise answers to you may be lost in the answers to the OP.
how do i raise this as a separate question?

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-28-2020 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Added closing quote tag

Old 02-28-2020, 08:03 AM

1,402 posts, read 476,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's as good as any. What I'd suggest you consider is a 'Jacksonian' Christian. Give or take your crediting an intelligent creator (God, Allah, Krishna, take your pick), you can adhere to Christianity as a support for morality and compassionate living. Jackson considered that Jesus was the best moral lawgiver there had been and so considered himself a Christian in that sense, even if he ripped all the miracles out of his Bible.
Trans, are you perhaps intending JEFFERSON, as in Thomas?

Old 02-28-2020, 08:06 AM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
It's as good as any. What I'd suggest you consider is a 'Jacksonian' Christian. Give or take your crediting an intelligent creator (God, Allah, Krishna, take your pick), you can adhere to Christianity as a support for morality and compassionate living. Jackson considered that Jesus was the best moral lawgiver there had been and so considered himself a Christian in that sense, even if he ripped all the miracles out of his Bible.

You can have your own tweak on this idea, but that might give you a rationale to use.

Buggered if I know. But sometimes i have so many previous pages backed up I have to click out of the Forum and re -enter.
I think you probably mean Thomas Jefferson. I don't know what Jackson you would be referring to.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:08 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Trans, are you perhaps intending JEFFERSON, as in Thomas?

Of course. I mean Jefferson as in Thomas. Thank you. I do sometimes mix the names up.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:17 AM

1,402 posts, read 476,797 times
Quote:
Of course. I mean Jefferson as in Thomas. Thank you. I do sometimes mix the names up.
Just didn't want our newcomer searching for theological guidance from our Jacksons (Andrew or Stonewall). Who knows where that might lead??

Old 02-28-2020, 09:22 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
I wonder whether Arach might get the idea if we called this 'god -thing' evolution. In its' broadest sense of the process of functioning complexity including 'chemical evolution' and 'Life' is just ine of those pivital processes, like the BB. the first nova, the first predation.

Since Arach doesn't do 'god' anyway and doesn't appear to be arguing for a Cosmic Mind' I can see where 'evolutioary processes' mich be just what he is looking for.
Why don't you just make up something that I said. Like you always do.

oh yeah, be sure to stay hidden so you view can remain in tact for militant atheist.good for people that think they have to hide, distort, and run away from science that makes their world view less valid.

"a comsmic mind" is not proof for or against god things trans. Its only

Old 02-28-2020, 11:05 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Just didn't want our newcomer searching for theological guidance from our Jacksons (Andrew or Stonewall). Who knows where that might lead??
It was a bad slip. Thanks for the warning.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:10 AM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Atheist 101 View Post
hi, i'm somewhere between a agnostic atheist and a agnostic theist, and i want to believe in Christianity because i think it is healthier to be one but i can't seem to make myself believe in it. is it possible that anyone can help me? or is this the wrong forum?
Hi AA101. Here’s a post of mine where I shared some good resources for investigating Christianity:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57178715-post12.html

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.

The ‘Christianity’ forum would be a better forum for seeking advice. R&S is populated with numerous militant anti-theists and is hostile to any genuine discussion of religion and spirituality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality