Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2020, 08:30 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have come to the conclusion that you are not actually an atheist.
you do understand that all atheist don't hate religion so bad that we will ignore commonsense and reason, right?

I mean look at what you did here. You didn't address what is said, you tried to minimize it by hitting me.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:36 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you do understand that all atheist don't hate religion so bad that we will ignore commonsense and reason, right?

I mean look at what you did here. You didn't address what is said, you tried to minimize it by hitting me.
Let's put it this way -- far more of your posts attack atheists than complain about the christian mindset. If you don't believe me...start tallying.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:47 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Let's put it this way -- far more of your posts attack atheists than complain about the christian mindset. If you don't believe me...start tallying.
That's because atheism dominates here. He picks up on 'extremist types' fairly quickly and seeks to diffuse that type of behavior in the hopes that a rational conversation may occur, or for the general safety of man-kind.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:58 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
You ain't the first. I accused Arach of theistic tendencies long ago, but have had to refine that view a bit.

Quote:
We've done that before - with Corporate Cowboy who (while being reluctantly talked into atheism from defiant "Agnosticism" ) spent his time on AA bashing the wrong kind of atheist and hardly ever ventured into R/S. Atheist -bashing atheists is a phenomenon I have rather gotten used to. And is not so new. In the early days, irreligious critics of 'New' atheism were bewildering me. As i say, I see politics at the bottom of it. Not Theism.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You ain't the first. I accused Arach of theistic tendencies long ago, but have had to refine that view a bit.
Altruism is sometimes mistaken for theism. It's the reasons why some people assume others believes in a Higher-Power when no, in all actuality that's just the nature of that person (i.e. to help a stranger change a flat tire, donate, etc.).

Old 03-05-2020, 09:11 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Altruism is sometimes mistaken for theism. It's the reasons why some people assume others believes in a Higher-Power when no, in all actuality that's just the nature of that person (i.e. to help a stranger change a flat tire, donate, etc.).
I agree. I perceive that it is now the thinking that morality is a human trait, elaborated by consensus -ethics. People can do good or bad and theism just takes credit for this and in fact makes a propaganda out of it.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
actually this is a good point.

you are choosing to base your claim about me on how you feel I attack atheism more than Christians. you are sort of right and sort of wrong. I address militant atheism and fundamental Christians.

I address a certain personality type and how it expresses a statement of belief about god. Adult children of abuse are like landmines when it comes to preaching what they believe about god.

the ones that are truly set free are the ones that know it.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
did you want to actually go back and see when our disconnect happened?

Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
did you want to actually go back and see when our disconnect happened?
No. You've stated in another thread it had something to with the Lent thread. I'll maybe check into later.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:36 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
He has no idea what he is. He’s obviously a befuddled mystic. Grabbing random sound bites and science bites from the ether and vomiting them back in the form of incoherent slogans. Over and over. Without explanation or rationale. And with the grammar and usage of a distracted 3rd grader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality