Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2020, 01:21 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Is it possible to prove that something does NOT exist?

WLC says yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIxjFoG7Prw
Stupidest charlatan imaginable. The fact that you would post a video from this disaster of an apologist is something that should embarrass you. Gish galloping garbage merchant.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:28 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Stupidest charlatan imaginable. The fact that you would post a video from this disaster of an apologist is something that should embarrass you. Gish galloping garbage merchant.
I would love to see you ask a question to this "stupidest charlatan imaginable." You would then understand how truly inferior your intellect is compared to that of WLC. You'd be so thoroughly embarrassed you'd probably storm out in a failed effort to prevent your worldview from crumbling.
You couldn't even hold your own in a moderated debate with me, a Christian for only a few years!

Old 03-29-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I would love to see you ask a question to this "stupidest charlatan imaginable." You would then understand how truly inferior your intellect is compared to that of WLC. You'd be so thoroughly embarrassed you'd probably storm out in a failed effort to prevent your worldview from crumbling.
You couldn't even hold your own in a moderated debate with me, a Christian for only a few years!
So that struck a chord. I attacked your retarded little hero. And that ignited your little invective. Pathetically and tragically sad. You are a fanboy of the dopeyest gish-galloping rhetorical turd factory out there. Why on Earth did you choose him to worship? He's not even remotely good. There are some skilled apologists out there that can at least construct some kind of argument, even though they are futilely wrong. But you chose this putrescent fool to suck up to? Who else? Pat Roberson? Ted Haggard? Jim Bakker? Fred Phelps?

Old 03-29-2020, 03:36 PM

654 posts, read 363,789 times
Quote:
1. How did the universe originate (time, space, matter)?

2. How did life originate on Earth from non-life?

3. Does objective truth and/or objective morality exist?
I am Christian.

Science explains 1 and 2. But the universe and life were certainly made by God. God gave us scientists and science, which show us God's amazing-ness, shown (in part) by how God made everything.

For 3, absolutely. God is truth and morality. This doesn't mean that non-believers automatically lack morality, though; they often can be much kinder and nicer and "moral" people than I am, at least.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
I am Christian.

Science explains 1 and 2. But the universe and life were certainly made by God. God gave us scientists and science, which show us God's amazing-ness, shown (in part) by how God made everything.

For 3, absolutely. God is truth and morality. This doesn't mean that non-believers automatically lack morality, though; they often can be much kinder and nicer and "moral" people than I am, at least.
Hi GVL,

I don't think I have seen you posting on this forum before. Welcome. I am an agnostic atheist.

Can you back up your statements?

Why do you say that the universe and life were certainly made by God. Can you prove that?

How about truth and morality? Why must a god necessarily create these things. Why can they not exist outside of a god?

Old 03-29-2020, 04:39 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
I am Christian.

I add my welcome. I also agree that there is no valid reason to think that a god made anything or even that one exists, let alone which god of which religion.

Brain and indeed scientists were evolved by nature and humans and are nothing to do with the god of the Bible. Indeed our brains and science has consistently undermined the god -claim until there are only three remaining gaps for god - the universe, life and consciousness. And - as i say, there is no valid reason to think a god did it, never mind which one.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:22 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So that struck a chord. I attacked your retarded little hero. And that ignited your little invective. Pathetically and tragically sad. You are a fanboy of the dopeyest gish-galloping rhetorical turd factory out there. Why on Earth did you choose him to worship? He's not even remotely good. There are some skilled apologists out there that can at least construct some kind of argument, even though they are futilely wrong. But you chose this putrescent fool to suck up to? Who else? Pat Roberson? Ted Haggard? Jim Bakker? Fred Phelps?
"dopey" "turd factory" "retarded" "fanboy" "pathetic" "suck up" "putrescent"
= neon sign saying
nothing of substance on offer ;
incapable of rational discussion

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-29-2020 at 05:31 PM..

Old 03-29-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
"dopey" "turd factory" "retarded" "fanboy" "pathetic" "suck up" "putrescent"
= neon sign saying
nothing of substance on offer ;
incapable of rational discussion
Sorry, we are dealing with a celebrity apologist who is a bona fide dunce. There are good apologists and there are bad apologists. He’s a baddie. I get a feeling of evil about him also. He’s rocking some serious Satan. Like Bakker. It just exudes in some people. It's the diabolical smirk while he delivers his hustle. I love it!

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 03-29-2020 at 06:16 PM..

Old 03-29-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I am Christian.

Science does not explain 1 & 2. Science offers the best available explanation to date, but that explanation is always dynamic and subject to change with new information and techniques. That is why science is real, and faith is not. Faith is not a reliable means, or really any means, of learning about reality. It is a locked down assertion, and exists as a result of epistemological tyranny and overt denial.

As far as 3, what you are stating is without meaning. It is a simple assertion, and is not backed up with evidence or logic. Do you see how you've fallen into the faith as tyranny trap? Just claiming something and demanding that it be accepted as a postulate. That is not a path to enlightenment or enrichment. It is literally epistemological mold growing on the stale bread of ignorance. And it ain't penicillin either!

Old 03-29-2020, 06:49 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times
Quote:
I am Christian.

Thanks for commenting, GVL. I disagree with "Science explains 1 and 2".

1) The Big Bang doesn't address how the universe originated, just how it expanded.

2) Abiogenesis is a theory; it's not accepted science. There is no understanding about how life can come from non-life.

If you're interested in answering more questions, here are some I put together for a Worldview Questionnaire:

* What term best describes your worldview?

* What term best describes your political leanings?

* Do you believe in macro-evolution (common ancestor/descent)?

* Do you believe in abiogesis? (biological evolution from inorganic materials; life from non-life)

* Do you believe the entire universe (time, space and matter) originated from nothing, by chance?

* Does free-will exist?

* Does objective truth exist?

* Does objective morality exist?

* Do you believe in life after death?

* Do you believe in anything paranormal or supernatural?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57667672-post3985.html
----------------

FYI, R&S is a popular hangout for militant anti-theists. I recommend you simply disregard their provocations. They are not interested in civil discussion and their questions are not genuine. They're just attempts to elicit comments to mock and ridicule.

These anti-theist quotes will provide some insight about their true motivations:

"This is a campaign against Organized religion, specifically Christianity"
"the reason we are here is because the Big Lie of Christianity"
- TRANSPONDER

"we non believers are waiting in ever growing packs to eviscerate the poor foolishly unprepared religious newbies who stumble in to the forum"
"They stop briefly for a chance to preach to the unwashed unbelievers. But then they quickly witness their make believe world view being not only eviscerated, but effectively eviscerated. And they disappear in horror."
- TIRED OF THE NONSENSE

"You are the enemy who tries to shove your religion down the throats of people who don't want it.”
“my primary purposes here is to say to some christians -- back off"
- PHETAROI

"As for respect, don't ask for it, you won't get it because you don't deserve it"
“What they don't have is the right to demand 'respect' for those beliefs.”
- RAFIUS

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 03-29-2020 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality