Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 12:27 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
No cigar for you either, and no soup as well. Brains haven't got enough power to transmit diddly for any meaningful distance at all. It's a simple fact of the laws of physics and field strength.

No, you can't go making up some 'majick' to claim otherwise. You can transmit all the whacky crap you want along the twisted neural pathways inside your own skull, but it doesn't go anywhere until your fingers hit the keyboard and the verbal diarrhea flows out...and lately, it seems to be even whackier than it used to be.
How much transmission power is required for quantum entanglement?
Nature is elegant.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:32 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I have sometimes wondered how much transmission power the brain actually has. It takes sensitive instruments to measure brain activity in contact with the skin. And then I wonder how someone can read my mind. I have experienced this once. I was about to say something to the guy but before I could, he looked at me and said my exact words! So he wasn't even looking at me - he was talking to someone else!? He was reputed to be able to read my wife's daughters mind (he was a boyfriend - ex-boyfriend).

Reading body language is one thing, but the exact words and without looking at the person? Well I suppose there is nothing wrong with having the same thoughts at the same time and seeing someone wanting to say something in one's peripheral vision and using the same words because they were the appropriate words but it was still weird.
Not weird at all. Completely expected and normal to have extremely odd happenstances like this many times over your life. You just don’t notice the trillions of non-odd happenstances that flow through life daily. 1 in a million shots happen all the time. Not weird. Completely normal and expected.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:36 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
It's a trap Harry! Like the spider luring it's prey into it's web, again and again...
Yup. It's another blatant attempt to control the discussion.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:00 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Nature is elegant.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:09 PM

11,026 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Not weird at all. Completely expected and normal to have extremely odd happenstances like this many times over your life. You just don’t notice the trillions of non-odd happenstances that flow through life daily. 1 in a million shots happen all the time. Not weird. Completely normal and expected.
True. We do have a tendency to only remember or note the occasional happenstances.

The weird part is this guy was known for that sort of thing. He and his girlfriend were 'banned' from teaming up in word guessing games because they could 'read each other's minds'. Or he could 'read' her mind. He was a bit crazy by all reports. It must be a skill he has, being able to (sometimes?) correctly guess what others are thinking (under conducive conditions). But it gives the impression that there is a mind connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Nature is elegant.
How well is quantum entanglement understood?

Old 04-07-2020, 01:59 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

How well is quantum entanglement understood?
I'd say quite well considering how bizarre it seems.

As a retired pastry chef I have the expert scientific grounding to fully explain this phenomenon.
Whilst it appears to us these particles are separated by physical distance, they are obeying the rules that govern the quantum realm, there is nospace betweenthem. They are probably the same one particle.

Sorta like placing an object in front of a mirror, are there two objects or just one plus its reflection.
My dog thinks theres two, what an idiot.

I believe there was a paper from MIT showing entanglement in DNA, I was too cheap to pay to read it.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:37 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew:

Check out: The Premier Online Debate Website | Debate.org
They host 1-on-1 debates, with voting.

Are there any atheists/anti-theists on R&S who are confident enough to engage in such a debate format? I don’t think so. The suggestion of a debate, with any structure at all, is usually enough to cause the atheists/anti-theists to scatter with only flimsy excuses for their timidity.
---------------

Flimsy excuse/non-answer #1:

TRANSPONDER: How do you know there aren't atheists from here already doing it? We don't use our own names here.

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 04-07-2020 at 02:58 PM..

Old 04-07-2020, 02:43 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Nonsense, and another fallacious argument from authority. The Law of Identity states that a thing is what it is, and includes its nature and characteristics. The gospels are what they are, and cannot be other than that no matter who says what in 2020. They are ancient ANONYMOUS translations of interpretations of translations of stories of unknown authorship. Taking them seriously is an emotional decision based on your needs and wants and fears. Don’t do that. Be more skeptical. Think clearly and realize what you are dealing with. You can enjoy a good story. We all can. Do that, but live your real life in reality by reason, not fantasy. It isn’t necessary in any way to go back to ancient nonsense like this. I promise you, nobody is watching and nobody cares. We have a world. We have a time. Live here, live now, and live according to a skeptical standard with reason as your motor and motive.

Look in the mirror. In a pile of DNA of just 2 millimeters (0.08 inches), there is enough genetic information to fill a stack of books reaching 93 million miles to the sun. But you think all that just came from nothing. It seems to me you don't follow your own advice. So-called intellectuals (and how many times have they been wrong?) tell you this is how it happened. Be more skeptical, yourself; don't appeal to their authority. You really think an arrangement of chemicals can feel emotions? It is plainly obvious from what has been created that there is a Creator!

Old 04-07-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew

Check out: The Premier Online Debate Website | Debate.org
They host 1-on-1 debates, with voting.

Are there any atheists/anti-theists on R&S who are confident enough to engage in such a debate format? I don’t think so. The suggestion of a debate, with any structure at all, is usually enough to cause the atheists/anti-theists to scatter with only flimsy excuses for their timidity.
---------------

Flimsy excuse/non-answer #2:

Harry Diogenes: The irony is it is you who constantly runs, Forrest IWas.
Cue another refuted video / ad hominem in 3, 2, 1 ...

Flimsy excuse/non-answer #3:
[Posted by Iwasmadenew] What about you, Harry? Let’s you and I have a 1-on-1 debate on debate.org. I won’t run. Will you? [*insert flimsy excuse here*]

Harry Diogenes: Stop playing games. You still have to honestly answer the questions asked of you here, using your own words (no Youtube, no links to apologetic web sites), and using no personal attacks. [here is where you insert the flimsy excuse that my response is a flimsy excuse , because you will do anything to avoid answering the questions we have asked you.]

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 04-07-2020 at 02:58 PM..

Old 04-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Interesting advice from someone who seems intent on inspiring as many people as possible to waste such time!
It's what they are compelled to do anyway. Religious people on R&S are what attract atheists/anti-theists to R&S. If there was no religious people here to argue with they would be unfulfilled and would have to search elsewhere for religious people to criticize. They don't want me to stop inspiring them to waste their time. I'm giving them what they crave. They're just upset because I don't waste more of my time giving it to them. I do sympathize to some extent. I can appreciate that it's anxiety-provoking to not know when your next "fix" will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality