Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 03:20 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
It's what they are compelled to do anyway. Religious people on R&S are what attract atheists/anti-theists to R&S. If there was no religious people here to argue with they would be unfulfilled and would have to search elsewhere for religious people to criticize. They don't want me to stop inspiring them to waste their time. I'm giving them what they crave. They're just upset because I don't waste more of my time giving it to them.
1. You don't inspire.
2. Please waste less time here.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
It's flailing.

It's getting desperate.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
No cigar for you either, and no soup as well. Brains haven't got enough power to transmit diddly for any meaningful distance at all. It's a simple fact of the laws of physics and field strength.

No, you can't go making up some 'majick' to claim otherwise. You can transmit all the whacky crap you want along the twisted neural pathways inside your own skull, but it doesn't go anywhere until your fingers hit the keyboard and the verbal diarrhea flows out...and lately, it seems to be even whackier than it used to be.
lmao, I was attacked by the iron curtain gang when I brought power, as in work over time.

It was the funnest thing.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:56 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew

Check out: The Premier Online Debate Website | Debate.org
They host 1-on-1 debates, with voting.

Are there any atheists/anti-theists on R&S who are confident enough to engage in such a debate format? I don’t think so. The suggestion of a debate, with any structure at all, is usually enough to cause the atheists/anti-theists to scatter with only flimsy excuses for their timidity.
---------------

Flimsy excuse/non-answer #2:

Harry Diogenes: The irony is it is you who constantly runs, Forrest IWas.
Cue another refuted video / ad hominem in 3, 2, 1 ...

Flimsy excuse/non-answer #3:
[Posted by Iwasmadenew] What about you, Harry? Let’s you and I have a 1-on-1 debate on debate.org. I won’t run. Will you? [*insert flimsy excuse here*]

Harry Diogenes: Stop playing games. You still have to honestly answer the questions asked of you here, using your own words (no Youtube, no links to apologetic web sites), and using no personal attacks. [here is where you insert the flimsy excuse that my response is a flimsy excuse , because you will do anything to avoid answering the questions we have asked you.]
Rather than playing with color like a child that just discovered crayons, learn to properly use the
Quote:
function.

You've been here long enough to know how.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:58 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
It's what they are compelled to do anyway. Religious people on R&S are what attract atheists/anti-theists to R&S. If there was no religious people here to argue with they would be unfulfilled and would have to search elsewhere for religious people to criticize. They don't want me to stop inspiring them to waste their time. I'm giving them what they crave. They're just upset because I don't waste more of my time giving it to them. I do sympathize to some extent. I can appreciate that it's anxiety-provoking to not know when your next "fix" will be.
Your turning into Arachnid Angle. Or maybe you always were. All about people and not a lucid idea in sight. Clinging to beliefs with no good reason and looking for encouragement from equally flummoxed Youtubers. Actually the Spiderman might be ahead of you. He posts his selection of personal insanity. It’s an overflowing cesspool, but at least it’s his own.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Okay...

I agree it is obvious from what has been created that there is a creator, but what created the created? Volcanoes create magma and magma creates lava, but does this mean a volcano is a supernatural being? A god?

We don't know life could not originate from non-life. How do you know that? We humans thought it similarly impossible the Sun didn't revolve around the Earth. In time we learned the truth about that too.

Consciousness does not arise from non-consciousness. It arises from awareness or perception of something by a person.

I could go on but I haven't caught up with all the other comments posted in this thread since I last signed off, and I'm about due to sign off again. Bottom line, the problem that people like me have with people who think like you is that you view all you don't understand as proof there is a God. How is that supposed to be convincing from an intelligent standpoint? We humans have been doing that since we first contemplated the Sun and the Moon, and we've proven ourselves really good at getting it wrong! How can you not understand and respect this simple truth for what it is?

God is not a gap filler. Not a caulk to fill the wide gaps of our understanding. Not a placebo either. God is a man made romantic version of what will no doubt continue to prove just a place-holder until we can fill all the remaining gaps of understanding with facts, knowledge and proof. We must simply be patient, because that's going to take some time longer than most of us will be around...
the interactions of the system around the volcano "created" the volcanoes. the interactions in our volume of space/time (the fabric of space) produce consciousness. Is one neuron conscious? is your big toe conscious?

Can something be conscious without people? I don't think its people that make something conscious.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Your turning into Arachnid Angle. Or maybe you always were. All about people and not a lucid idea in sight. Clinging to beliefs with no good reason and looking for encouragement from equally flummoxed Youtubers. Actually the Spiderman might be ahead of you. He posts his own personal insanity. It’s an overflowing cesspool, but at least it’s his own.
hey marco .... did you figure out that we are surrounded by a system yet? oh, wait, you didn't, you choose to sucker punch ... real manly there guy.

you don't even know what you don't know. worse than that, you don't care. Religion did something to you and you just don't care about anything else.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:17 PM

1,402 posts, read 477,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's flailing.

It's getting desperate.
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

(...oh wait, that was a different movie...)

Old 04-07-2020, 04:22 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Great analogy! The dumb bull keeps chasing the stupid red cape because it knows no better. The Matador has superior knowledge. Yep, I like the analogy!
Yes, that is a good way to think of it.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:30 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Rather than playing with color like a child that just discovered crayons, learn to properly use the function.

You've been here long enough to know how.
Would you like to have a 1-on-1 debate with me, normstad?

If not, what's your flimsy excuse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality