Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 10:50 PM

10,939 posts, read 5,914,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Save your speech for judgement day (though it will do you no good, at that point).
There is no judgement day. Even if there was, your God who can do what he likes with his creation, i.e. your justification for his horrendous atrocities, is highly unlikely to judge you in your favor. Just read your bible.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Why are you so mad at God? What did God do to you for your bloomers to be in such a bunch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You flounced.

You are so scared you can't even answer the questions I posed.
Mircea is right - you did flounce. You do present as being too scared to answer his question.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:18 PM

50,450 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
L...
A. If God does not exist, then there is no objective standard for human morality. You can go on about your moral judgement, but without any reference to a God who created us humans, you are really just weaving intellectual webs from thin air; which amounts to your moral judgements being meaningless if morality is relative. The infanticide practiced by the Greeks of antiquity, for instance, did not violate their customs. If you were a Greek living at that time, you wouldn't necessarily see anything wrong with infanticide, either.
The Five Precepts are one fine basis for human morality, and they are part of a religion that does not rely on
a god.

Abstain from killing (Ahimsa);
Abstain from stealing;
Abstain from sensual (including sexual) misconduct;
Abstain from lying;
Abstain from intoxicants.

If you want to say they are not valid...oops...they later show up as part of the ten commandments.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:28 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,338,383 times
Quote:
Save your speech for judgement day (though it will do you no good, at that point).
You have justified eviscerating and decapitating children and babies with swords. What credibility do you suppose your opinions have? I am reminded of a joke that was popular when I was in elementary school.

Question: What is more fun than a truckload of dead babies?

Answer: Unloading them with pitchforks.

I couldn't find any humor in that joke 60 years ago. And it's still not funny.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:38 AM

16,631 posts, read 4,916,196 times
Quote:
Second, it is my opinion that God is allowed to do or command whatever he wants to with His creation.
Not if morals are objective.

And if your god wants to hurt people, that makes it immoral. And you worship this monster?

Old 10-05-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Let's hold hands and walk through some logic together...
A. If God does not exist, then there is no objective standard for human morality.

Fallen at the first post. Objective morality must exist outside of your god. Let us do some real logic.

If your god invented objective truths, then there was a time when there were no objective truths. So no law of identity, (which says you are you, apples are apples, and god is god). Which means there was a time when god was NOT god. And a not-god cannot become God, so your god can never exist.

And any excuse you make to get around this must also be an objective truth that existed before your your god created objective truths. Whoops.

Quote:
B. If God does exist, you have displayed utter hubris in positioning yourself as a judge of God's actions. I dare say such hubris will not go unpunished.
No, if your god does exist, we have shown great goodness in making a morality that works. It would not be our fault we apply those standards to your god because it does not have the intelligence to tell us it exists. And then to punish us for all eternity for your gods failure is evil.

Old 10-05-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You have justified eviscerating and decapitating children and babies with swords. What credibility do you suppose your opinions have? I am reminded of a joke that was popular when I was in elementary school.

Question: What is more fun than a truckload of dead babies?

Answer: Unloading them with pitchforks.

I couldn't find any humor in that joke 60 years ago. And it's still not funny.
Very poignant.

I find it disturbing that anyone can attempt to justify such atrocities.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
It has to be you that wants it, though.
Want? So you admit you want this, regardless of the evidence. That is not rational.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
So you both believe that God exists and that the Bible contains errors? That's progress. Good for you!
No one said that. Are you hearing voices? Maybe Satan?

Quote:
And you worship this objectively immoral monster?

Old 10-05-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
You want to compare Christianity to Islam? How about Buddhism?

I thought not.

You’re screwed either way.
You probably have not noticed how God always agrees with what the believer wants, even when it contradicts other believers idea of God? That is because different believers impose their personalities on their idea of god. The idea of eternal damnation for non-believers is your belief that non-believers should be punished.

That is not a plus for Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.