Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 02:08 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
nothing false, and you have no clue how about God's commandments, so the only thing insulting is forcing me to deal with ignorance

I'm not against immunization for measles, however many atheists are, and this started movement actually out in pagan/atheistic circles. Jenny McCarthy is certainty not a religious fundamentalist. In NY the leading oppnent of getting rid of the religious exemptions was Dick Gottfried who first pushed lgbt "marriage" in NY and said on the assembly floor that religious single sex schools should be required to accept students of the opposite sex if they identify as a tranny.

you read into what I wrote big time, my point was you are trying to take what many chasidim do and apply it to me, I am not chasidic, and a big misnaged.

They were actually spitting at the mother, and the entire Jewish Community condemned it. Not sure how you can compare the spit heard round the world to a death threat except that the media made one small incident into a international incident for an extreme agenda.
1. Those of us who are not christian or jewish don't care about the Ten Commandments. We have other moral bases for our lives. But if you've got the actual tablets...show them to us.

2. As a school principal, I often had to deal with parents who were against required immunizations. Every parent that I had such dealings with were some brand of christian.

3. Some day I hope to see some post of yours that doesn't insult another group beyond Jews. Quit spewing hate. I never knew that the Jewish religion was defined by hate.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I have had hate spewed at me also, except it was censored, remember the thread was shut done for a period. I am more worried about America turning into a killing field for Jewish Jews, after seeing the hate espoused at me for Jewish tradition.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
so if we somehow have standards that require if someone knows that someone had a homosexual relationship, they should be required to hand them over to the government for a trial and execution

your argument is circular, you morality is acceptable because it is law, but if someone else's morality was law it now is immoral.
You asked why you should live by my standards, and those particular standards are current law. If that law were immoral you would have a point, but it is not immoral, it only restricts you from performing anti social acts that your prejudices cause you to want to perform. Let's stick with what is on the table.

My argument is that the law is moral and discrimination because of religious prejudices is not.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:15 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's not a new thing. It's just the same as the discussions about Fundamentalists or cafeteria Christians ..which is best?

One has to have a grudging respect for those who will not compromise but the ones who are willing to rewrite the religious rules so as to make their religion an irrelevant fossil in today's world are easier to deal with.

What hypocrisy. You'd be the first to complain if Muslims said that their rights were being infringed by "Zionists" (is the term they'd use) being allowed to wear flagrant symbols of their 'oppression'. The rule is therefore 'no Symbols'. Not bias - a level playing field.

is that a political speech or religious?

I will fight for the rights of Muslims in Israel to practice their religion as long it doesn't equal Jews being attacked.

Quote:
I loved by the way how you accused me (in a post I couldn't quote and seems to have been taken down )of being an Anti - Semite even if it meant suggesting that my arguments that anti Jewish hate speech was to be condemned as much as anti gay was a crafty lie on my part to cover up my Jew- hate, that you detect through some Mystic radar i suppose. The more you post, the more fellow Jews will want nothing to do with you.

What a performance. I trust that other Jews are watching it in horror and resolving that Jewish fundamentalism (if they had ever considered it) is Not the way to go.

the word Antisemitism was coined by a non jew, you can keep the word and however you choose to translate it. I'm not sure if the middle ages Christians making antijewish law are antisemitic according to most definitions that have been used.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You asked why you should live by my standards, and those particular standards are current law. If that law were immoral you would have a point, but it is not immoral, it only restricts you from performing anti social acts that your prejudices cause you to want to perform. Let's stick with what is on the table.

My argument is that the law is moral and discrimination because of religious prejudices is not.
I hope you're not saying that all law is moral.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You can't be so biased as not to realise that those who spew anti semitic venom are not to be excused under the 'free speech' argument, so why should the anti gay lobby be? Jew- haters, pal, believe that they are just as Right as you do. And not a few can cite religious reasons too.

After reading this forum and learning what is not antisemitism, I've come to the conclusion that the catholic church burning jews at the stake was not antisemitism because they were just following the law.

After learning this important lesson I'm sure there is no danger of antisemitism in America, I'm still petrified of being executed solely for following Judaism.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:18 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
so if we somehow have standards that require if someone knows that someone had a homosexual relationship, they should be required to hand them over to the government for a trial and execution

your argument is circular, you morality is acceptable because it is law, but if someone else's morality was law it now is immoral.
The rather familiar argument of the religious against 'relative' morality. Human morality has its' basis in human well being and reciprocity. Morality does not reside in the unchangeable pronouncements of a dictator - even if it's a divine one. Yes. Just as Gays being hung, then jailed or finally sacked until they were given the same rights as anyone else, Jews were first burned, then banned, then elbowed out of jobs before their rights were secured (though i note that you claim that they are still being kept out of various careers)and that was the law at the time. Thanks to religion. Yes, Human law does change; it evolves, and you may be thankful for it.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
CDC not me
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html

In 2016, gay and bisexual men accounted for 67% (26,844) of all HIV diagnoses and 82% of diagnoses among males aged 13 and older.
Once again you place blame on "gay" when it belongs on "promiscuous." You know this, but you continue the lie.

THAT is "bull."

Old 08-30-2019, 02:23 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I'm just telling you what the statutes say.

In Maine, the following proposed ballot initiative was approved by enough voters to be put on the ballot: Do you favor a law allowing marriage licenses for same-sex couples that protects religious freedom by ensuring no religion or clergy be required to perform such a marriage in violation of their religious beliefs? The Secretary Of State actually put this wording on the ballots: Do you favor a law allowing marriage licenses for same-sex couples that protects religious freedom by ensuring no religion or clergy be required to perform such a marriage in violation of their religious beliefs? The definition of marriage in the State Code now reads: Marriage is the legally recognized union of 2 people.

Other states did similar things.
right, so the law was worded in a way which protects certain people's exercise of religion -- the right to discriminate. The law just decided that only certain members of the religion have that protection.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Get your facts straight. These lesbians filed a complaint and the baker published their complaint on social media. You definitely are a person who has no conern for the truth or for being honest. They deserve to die? They did not sue anyone. And no group of people deserve to die, not even bigots and hate mongers. Guess that is why you posted the link about hate lira ture in Canada.

How kind that you think they shouldn't be killed. Apparently there may be sone ltitle bit of followi g your God left in you. A very ltitle bit. BUT then again you aRe offended seeing a man's calf or a woman's bicep.
filing a complaint to do what?
to punish the baker

says who no person deserve to die, there are millions of people in the world who deserve to die.

and no just because they deserve to die, doesn't mean that anyone is allowed to kill them, and if they do so extrajudicialy. And if someone would kill one of those people extrajudicialy they also deserve to die.
Who doesn't think that people like Nuon Chea or Khieu Samphan should be dead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality