Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 07:15 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sorry, I'm probably thinking of another issue of someone in the LGBT----- lobby trying to destroy a man's life.

Bottom line is, there are other businesses they could have gone to. Why not live and let live instead of all this victim mentality?
Why should they allow the baker to violate the law? They weren't under any obligation to do so.

Why does anyone report any crime? Should they just live and let live?

Old 08-27-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
The same place where you and I both agree that Facebook can censor bigots from posting white supremacist garbage.

Both are private businesses and they have a freedom to do as they want with their business.
That's simply not true. Your understanding of the these matters is lacking.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
The first Amendment. They have a right of religion. Not to mention a right to say what they want, and live life.

The very foundation our society is built on is that a person has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They don't exist to serve the tyranny of government.
Freedom of religion does NOT grant anyone the right to violate the rights of others.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:40 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
I'm sorry that you feel that you've been so wronged by life. I pray you'll find peace someday.
No, not wrong by life. But yes, wronged by some christians.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:50 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Wow, I see the bigoted NY Jew went on a quoting spree while I was offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
The current laws say that, I can kick anyone out of my store in NY for their height or hair color
Maybe so, but if you tried to do so, you could end up like the baker, because you would be an idiot... Like the baker.

Quote:
Moderator cut: Politics removed. there is zero proof that someone is born gay, the most that can be theorized is some people are born with a predisposition.
That is why child sexual molesters victims are much more likely to be gay.
There is plenty of proof. Just because you aren't smart enough to understand/hear it, doesn't' mean it isn't there. You don't believe you are born with your orientation? Okay smart guy, tell me, when did you CHOOSE to be straight? How did you choose?

Quote:
What would you say regarding a male prostitute in a place where it is legal that gives anal sex to women, can a homosexual man sue him?
I wouldn't say anything, but I would guarantee that this type of business would have limitations and rules that would govern this. They would likely have someone else on the premises to accommodate the gay male. Either way, these types of businesses are governed much different that a baker. You can argue that isn't right, but it is so.

Quote:
Guess what in most places in the country you can, not a single one of those things is on the usual list of protected classes.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you haven't figured it out by now, that is why people fight these things so hard. Just because you are a bigot, and see no problem with other bigots discriminating, it doesn't make it right or correct.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
You seem not to care about the rights of "incest-people" or do they have no rights because they bring forth disabled children?

Married couples have tax-benefits, this means gay marriage costs society money and that the government funds a lifestyle that is Biblical unacceptable, this brings the whole nation under the wrath of God.

The acceptance of homoexuality has a bad influence on society as a whole which is as much a political topic as it is a religious, not only religious people reject homosexual marriage.

I consider people like you worse than actual homosexuals since you encourage them to sin which might be worse than to sin only by oneself.
Well, it's a good thing that we aren't governed by God then, huh? If you want a theocracy, I suggest you move, because your Bible doesn't govern what others do, period.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Freedom of religion does NOT grant anyone the right to violate the rights of others.
It goes both ways, Dear. You don't have a right to trample others' rights in an attempt to be free from religion.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:11 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why should they allow the baker to violate the law? They weren't under any obligation to do so.
He wasn't, and isn't. The SCOTUS ruled on that. One cannot tell a baker what to put on his cake. That's a First Amendment right of free speech. Besides free religion.

Quote:
Why does anyone report any crime? Should they just live and let live?
There should be a crime first. In this case there wasn't.

But does this mean you're going to call the police on C-D next time you see an overzealous Mod? Or on Facebook next time they censor a white supremacist?

Old 08-27-2019, 08:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
I'm just thankful that religious bigots are too stupid to be subtle.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
It goes both ways, Dear. You don't have a right to trample others' rights in an attempt to be free from religion.
Your religious rights end when they affect others. You don't get to freely discriminate or do whatever you want because of religion, so you need to stop with that nonsense. You aren't that stupid, and you know better. If you really believed this, then would also believe people should be able to discriminate based on race and religion. Do you?

And please, do tell us, what "rights" have you lost as a Christian? The right to put gay people and black people in their place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality