Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 02:18 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Based upon his location in NY and various attitudes, he may be Hasidic. There are some pretty extreme viewpoints among this group. I have had limited interactions, but they have never been enjoyable, as there is often an aggressive, superior attitude where the person in question seems to treat you as an inferior being for some reason.
I am not chasidic at all.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:24 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You claim you have never said things, and then when proven otherwise, you either play word games, or change your stance
Clearly you have me confused with someone else. You don't intimidate me. At all. Therefore, I have no reason to change my stance on anything. What are you going to do...punch me in the face? Get over yourself.

You accused me of hating gays simply because I don't agree with them forcing other people to accept who they are. If it's not affecting your life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in tangible ways that are actionable in the courts, you just have to deal with it. Sorry. It's insulting to try to compare their struggle to black people in America. When they have a history of being denied basic rights for hundreds of years, being lynched, beaten and outright terrorized for something they can never hide from anyone, THEN you can tell me it's comparable. Other than that, you have no similar claim. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state but you are fooling yourself if you think this country wasn't founded on religious principles. So why you think a Christian country is going to accept homosexuality without bigotry is beyond me. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But that's the price you pay. I don't have a choice about how I look and even if I did, I wouldn't change it for some hateful idiots. Why do you want these type of people to accept you anyway???

Choose to hang around people who you don't have to fight to be treated like a human being. The point is, this couple had a CHOICE to patronize another business and they didn't, so they can deal with the consequences. Getting back on topic, a public office doesn't have the choice to not do their job. So in that case, I'm all for people suing the KY woman if they want. But it's just easier to go where you will be accepted. Maybe it will be inconvenient. Oh well. Sometimes them's the choices.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:35 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Yea, he is not like any Jew that I have ever met... I am sure there are more like him, but they are certainly the minority... Moderator cut: quoted post edited His God should be ashamed.
And without the rather poor excuse of being Hassidic, and thus constrained by doctrine. Just..personal, I guess.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-27-2019 at 04:46 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 02:51 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Clearly you have me confused with someone else. You don't intimidate me. At all. Therefore, I have no reason to change my stance on anything. What are you going to do...punch me in the face? Get over yourself.

You accused me of hating gays simply because I don't agree with them forcing other people to accept who they are.
Talk about getting over yourself! Who are you NOT to accept who they are? Do you expect to be accepted for who you are? Since when do you decide who should be accepted for who they are?

Old 08-27-2019, 02:57 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Do you expect to be accepted for who you are?
Nope, and whoever doesn't like or accept me can suck it. Their friggin loss.

Last edited by treemoni; 08-27-2019 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: petty

Old 08-27-2019, 02:59 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the court said that it was not against his religion???
No. One judge said that baking cakes was not a religious activity.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:02 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
My God Yet again you lose the debate and try to play the 'No point in arguing with the close -minded' card. You are the one shown to be wrong - about the law of Church and State separation, about David and the Shewbread - oh yes you were - and this one; and you try to run away after pretending that you won. It's an irony -meter buster indeed.
Sorry, but simply claiming victory doesn't make it so. You never actually demonstrated your view of that passage was the correct one. You simply stated it to be so.

Now again, all I've seen from your side is personal attacks and rude statements, but very little in the way of actual counter arguments.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:05 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Nope, and whoever doesn't like or accept me can suck it. Their <<cut>> loss.
Right. So you are going to fold your arms and tough it out. Suits us. We will go on progressing individual rights - yes - even those of religions - ALL religions - not just One - as well as those not religious and don't blame us when society turns out not as you would like it. But you will, just as we see on threads like this where the 'To Hell with man - made law" mantra is evident behind every post by those who battle for religious - law trumping civil.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Yea, he is not like any Jew that I have ever met... I am sure there are more like him, but they are certainly the minority... Moderator cut: quoted post edited His God should be ashamed.
I've met and engaged in dialogue with quite a few Jews in my life. Today is the first time I've come across a stupid one.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-27-2019 at 04:49 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 03:17 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Where did I say that I intimidated you??? Lying isn't good, tree. However, you have changed your stance multiple times, to include different reasons, and to change criteria. Here on this very thread. Maybe go back and read through, it will enlighten you.

Quote:
You accused me of hating gays simply because I don't agree with them forcing other people to accept who they are. If it's not affecting your life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness in tangible ways that are actionable in the courts, you just have to deal with it.
So you would "just deal with it" if someone turned you away for being non-white? That wouldn't have any effect on your life?

Quote:
Sorry. It's insulting to try to compare their struggle to black people in America. When they have a history of being denied basic rights for hundreds of years, being lynched, beaten and outright terrorized for something they can never hide from anyone, THEN you can tell me it's comparable. Other than that, you have no similar claim.
Why is it insulting? Why is one groups struggles more important than another? You are born black, you are born gay. One you can hide if you so choose, and the other you can't. That's the only true difference though. They have both been denied basic rights throughout their time on this Earth. They have both been lynched, beaten, and outright terrorized. Just because you identify with one, and not the other, doesn't make their struggles less relevant.

Quote:
There is supposed to be a separation of church and state but you are fooling yourself if you think this country wasn't founded on religious principles. So why you think a Christian country is going to accept homosexuality without bigotry is beyond me. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But that's the price you pay.
Yes, there is supposed to be, and people are fighting to make sure there is. Personally, I don't give a crap what it was founded on in 1776. Most of us have evolved since then.

Quote:
I don't have a choice about how I look and even if I did, I wouldn't change it for some hateful idiots. Why do you want these type of people to accept you anyway???
Choose to hang around people who you don't have to fight to be treated like a human being.
And they don't have a choice either, and have no reason to change, just as you don't. Just because yours is skin color, and theirs is orientation, is doesn't make yours more relevant. What is the difference in being turned away because of skin color, orientation, hair color, or anything else? It is all discrimination.

And being "accepted" isn't really the point in this instance. You don't have to accept gay marriage to do your job.

Quote:
The point is, this couple had a CHOICE to patronize another business and they didn't, so they can deal with the consequences. Getting back on topic, a public office doesn't have the choice to not do their job. So in that case, I'm all for people suing the KY woman if they want. But it's just easier to go where you will be accepted. Maybe it will be inconvenient. Oh well. Sometimes them's the choices.
No, the point is, they shouldn't have to be inconvenienced because the owner thinks he is a special little snowflake that can discriminate until his heart is content.

It is easy to say "just go somewhere else" but not everyone has that option, or wants to have to search out alternatives, and spend more time and money when they shouldn't have to. A lot of people don't want to be forced from their town or area either. These are more than just "minor inconveniences" to a lot people. Just because you think they should take the discrimination and bigotry means nothing to them.

Why don't you hold the bigots to the same standard, huh? Why start a business or sell a product if you can't sell it to everyone? Why stay at a job if you can't DO the job? Why don't they just "go somewhere else"??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality