Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 01:01 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
case closed

nobody is that stupid

how many people in NYC Since you are trying to attack me by guilt by association, how many people died from measles in the past 10 years?
So are you OK with the death threats against the lesbians? You should be as concerned an out those as you would be those against the bakers. Both the baker and the lesbians are people, case closed

So no evidence just your false testimony. Another religious poster who is willing to tell his God to stick his commaments when he wishes to lie about others. So your religion is not that important to you?

Don't want to be accused through association then don't do that to others. It's a simple rule to follow.

Every child who cannot be immunized for measles had their life at risk. If you don't care about them until they have died not much I can do about that. And how many lesbians have those STD?

If you are interested in guilt by association, are you of the same religion as those who spate upon girls going to school? That was an example of religious people taking their beliefs too far and inflicting it upon others.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:04 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
I understand the concept of repentance, sticking up for nazi murders is not repentance.

His post Holocaust behavior is enough for me to think he was a Nazi Swine, the fact that he was one before the war, just shows he was smart enough to play the game.

show me one thing besides his stupid quote, that he did for Jews after the war to try and make amends, instead he sticks up for some of the worst murders in Nazi Germany

Some people he had mercy on

Paul Blobel murdered 30,000 Jews in just 2 days
Erich Neumann attended the Wannsee Conference
Werner Braune killed 14,300 Jews in 3 days
Oswald Pohl administrator of the concentration camps

In one letter Niemoller and his Protestant colleagues compared the Allied trials to Hitler's show trials of the resisters who had conspired to assassinate him.

https://books.google.com/books?id=WOD9ncsixssC&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=%22All ied+trials+to+Hitler%27s+show+trials+%22&source=bl &ots=Sc8iFAwYNe&sig=ACfU3U3sgzpyLKP64xcT2ClVKdeDsV _YTg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8rtrUoavkAhWMg-AKHfsPBCEQ6AEwAHoECAAQAQ#v=onepage&q=%22Allied%20t rials%20to%20Hitler's%20show%20trials%20%22&f=fals e
I'm not going to try to talk you out of your interpretation of Martin Niemoller. I just know who I respect more.

I also know that when it comes to spewing hate, I don't think I've ever seen anyone spew more than you have the past 3 days.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Discriminating against LBQT and persecuting them is also a health hazard.

SOURCES:
[1] CDC, NCIPC. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS) [online]. (2010) {2013 Aug. 1}. Available from:www.cdc.gov/ncipc/wisqars.

[2] CDC. (2016). Sexual Identity, Sex of Sexual Contacts, and Health-Risk Behaviors Among Students in Grades 9-12: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

[3] James, S. E., Herman, J. L., Rankin, S., Keisling, M., Mottet, L., & Anafi, M. (2016). The Report of the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey. Washington, DC: National Center for Transgender Equality.

[4] Family Acceptance Project™. (2009). Family rejection as a predictor of negative health outcomes in white and Latino lesbian, gay, and bisexual young adults. Pediatrics. 123(1), 346-52.

[5] CDC. (2016). Sexual Identity, Sex of Sexual Contacts, and Health-Risk Behaviors Among Students in Grades 9-12: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

[6] IMPACT. (2010). Mental health disorders, psychological distress, and suicidality in a diverse sample of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youths. American Journal of Public Health. 100(12), 2426-32.
I was going to post that I seem to recall those 'suicide tendency' stats use by the religious as an argument against being gay...but I may be mistaken, so I won't.

I'm just thinking though, what a futile argument this is. Some trying to prove that the Law is wrong..let's see how much good it does them if they break it. Raving about the persecution through not being able to intrude their religious rules on others. It's like me complaining to the manager of a supermarket about their lousy music and can't we have some Bruckner? It's not my business to impose my personal preferences on everyone else. Not even if I think they have religious authority.

It's a dead argument, whether one tries to fiddle the constitution or dismiss Law as superseded by religious rules. The Law says otherwise, and that's the end of it.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:05 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So are you OK with the death threats against the lesbians? You should be as concerned an out those as you would be those against the bakers. Both the baker and the lesbians are 0eople, can closed
if the gays would not have sued just to destroy someone, they would not have gotten death threats, death threats are morally wrong, but if they would be carried out I would only be upset at the murders, the "gay not sure what word I'm allowed to used" deserve to die, even they should not be killed.

I would have as much sympathy for them as I do for Ernst vom Rath.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:10 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
so you are against free speech also, got it.
You can't be so biased as not to realise that those who spew anti semitic venom are not to be excused under the 'free speech' argument, so why should the anti gay lobby be? Jew- haters, pal, believe that they are just as Right as you do. And not a few can cite religious reasons too.

Quote:
not all diseases that are sexually transmitted are exclusively sexually transmitted.
Oh I get it. contaminated blood and so on. It looks rather as though that was where AIDS came from in the first place. But then Syph came from the brothels of China and the Black death from somewhere else. Disease is a fact of life. I read with interest about the spread of STD in the union army after they took Nashville. They ignored it as long as they could, then tried to get rid of the problem, and finally took the sensible and workable solution - dealt with the problem as a medical problem, not a moral one.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-30-2019 at 01:20 PM..

Old 08-30-2019, 01:13 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Albertan who handed out anti-gay pamphlets at Toronto Pride charged with promoting hate

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-gay-1.4721243
We have hate laws here. Did you know that teaching that the Halocaust was a hoax promoted by the Jews is illegal. A High School teacher lost his job and was charged with that offense. Bishop Henry of Alberta spoke lots of anti gay sh## and was never charged as he didn't go over the line.

There are already enough haters in my country, no need to allow some to actively promote hate towards gays, Muslims or Jews.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:13 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
doubling the amount of LGBT
years ago the highest estimate for LGBT was maximum 10%, now it is much higher

https://www.glaad.org/blog/new-glaad...identify-lgbtq

https://web.archive.org/web/20170318...R0AlsBVODgD.99

https://nypost.com/2018/12/24/fewer-...n-ever-before/

https://consumer.healthday.com/sexua...rs-711494.html

So even if the numbers go down go slightly down for the few individual, systemically it goes up for everyone else, if you don't understand my point, learn statistics.

And no these numbers are way to big to be explained by lessening of "homophobia".
Wow, I'd have said that feeling free to express themselves is what made the difference. I have to seriously doubt that we are talking about converts.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
The exemption was not wanted, here read some prohibitionist legislative literature.
https://books.google.com/books?id=IN...q=wine&f=false
No thanks, not cogent

Old 08-30-2019, 01:15 PM

88,565 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Same in Canada. Each denomination gets to decide. The United Church supports same sex marriages, the Catholic Church does not. I think the Anglican or maybe another of the smaller one, each congression decides on their own. Some Jewish congregations do and some don't.

It's worked for 14 years so far.

I don't remember one case of a bakery refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding but then Canadians as a rule have their religion more personal?
I believe they allow same-sex "blessing of the union", which is how the Anglican (Episcopal) church in the USA started doing it, but they have to alter the marriage canon, which I guess is worded for the opposite sex. In July, the change was passed by the laity and the clergy but not the bishops.

(Just looked it up on Wikipedia, because I remembered that something happened with it recently.)

Old 08-30-2019, 01:16 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
So the rabbi role (not necessarily a rabbi, as Judaism doesn't really need rabbis) can discriminate, but someone else who performs a necessary and religiously mandated function at a wedding, like providing food, can't?

By the way, isn't this an official sanctioning of discrimination because of religion? A separate rule showing sensitivity to religious people and not forcing them to provide service that goes against their beliefs?
I'm just telling you what the statutes say.

In Maine, the following proposed ballot initiative was approved by enough voters to be put on the ballot: Do you favor a law allowing marriage licenses for same-sex couples that protects religious freedom by ensuring no religion or clergy be required to perform such a marriage in violation of their religious beliefs? The Secretary Of State actually put this wording on the ballots: Do you favor a law allowing marriage licenses for same-sex couples that protects religious freedom by ensuring no religion or clergy be required to perform such a marriage in violation of their religious beliefs? The definition of marriage in the State Code now reads: Marriage is the legally recognized union of 2 people.

Other states did similar things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality