Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 03:43 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What does this have to do with Judaism?...
people have walked the planet who performed miracles. Judaism included.
they may be called "Enlightened" or "Masters" or "Sages"
they show us what is possible through closeness to the Creator.
the goal is not "to work miracles." the goal is closeness to God. the miracles are a byproduct.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-05-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 05:07 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Have you had any experiences that some might call paranormal or supernatural?
I already discussed this in two different threads. Sorry if you weren't paying attention.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:55 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Well Moses said that if two men are fighting & one of the men's wives grabs hold of her husband & pulls him out of the fight, then she must be put to death. That was Moses. The Greatest of all Masters to some. Jesus rejected Moses' laws when they proved to be barbaric. He said they were for long ago & not for Jesus' time etc.
So you may see ascended masters here & there in literature but they were just working with a certain group in a certain time in history. Their laws or rules are not for everyone throughout all time. The one thing about all of them is they respect the spiritual side of life more than the worldly side. But even then they all have a different grip on the spiritual side & express it in their own unique ways. Much like every person on a forum has an entirely different point of view about the exact same things & never see eye to eye for very long.

I read that when Buddha died the priests burned all of his teachings that they didn't want in their own books. The same was done with Muhammad. He would tell people what God told him or showed him & they would reject it all & tell him he could only say things that were already in their own books

And the bible is a collection of books with different points of view that someone carefully put together to try & put forth an agenda, & they mixed Christ's peaceful teachings in with old testament aggressive teachings, & that allowed them to kill or show kindness arbitrarily. So the books are more important than the ascended masters' teachings.

This statement LOGICALLY is concluded from highlighted words HOW?

So the books are more important than the ascended masters' teachings

As you just pointed out that books are nothing but hateful mix?Besides, Bible is censored canon that was revised several times to HUMAN decision.All apocrypha were tossed out and some of them more of the Jesus than entire Bible. While blood and gore and perversions were left in.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:05 PM

When we speak of ascended masters, who specifically can we name?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:44 PM

for me, "enlightened ones" or "awakened ones" or "masters" are those who recognize that spirit rules matter and are able to use their understanding and mastery of that physics for what some call miracles, for instance healing. They recognize their relationship to the Creative Source. For me their purpose in walking the planet is to show us this is possible for us also, and through how they live their lives, and the relationship they have with the Creative Source, to provide an example for us to emulate of compassion, generosity, benevolence and loving kindness.

i like how Miss H put it. They provide a trail of bread crumbs to follow. It takes us to Creative Source. It is a path to follow.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
for me, "enlightened ones" or "awakened ones" or "masters" are those who recognize that spirit rules matter and are able to use their understanding and mastery of that physics for what some call miracles, for instance healing. They recognize their relationship to the Creative Source. For me their purpose in walking the planet is to show us this is possible for us also, and through how they live their lives, and the relationship they have with the Creative Source, to provide an example for us to emulate of compassion, generosity, benevolence and loving kindness.

i like how Miss H put it. They provide a trail of bread crumbs to follow. It takes us to Creative Source. It is a path to follow.
So we are or are not talking about figures such as Jesus and Buddha?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Aside from the super natural take on life
There will always be highly developed among us
They’ve are a light in the darkness
A few gifted can keep the rest of us from falling in the ditch

Old 09-05-2019, 07:12 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

How does one enter into a relationship with 'Creative Source'?
Does "Creative Source" go by any other names?

Thank you.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So we are or are not talking about figures such as Jesus and Buddha?
the thread asks people to let us know what it means to them,
the humans who have walked the planet and called perhpas "awakened" "enlightened" "masters"
and also to share their thoughts on what they feel the purpose is for these masters to walk the planet.
my views are in post #75. the thread is for people to share their views.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
How does one enter into a relationship with 'Creative Source'?
Does "Creative Source" go by any other names?

Thank you.
the Creator. God. Central Source. the Master Physicist. the Master Physician.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-05-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality