Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 12:17 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that which their soul connects them to
Are you saying that there isn't "a" god, but dozens or hundreds of gods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 12:17 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
that which their soul connects them to
So we all connect (or not) to whatever god we ..connect to? That would explain the term 'personal gods'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Damn You beat me to it again!

Old 09-27-2019, 12:22 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
So we all connect (or not) to whatever god we ..connect to? That would explain the term 'personal gods'.
And, has been mentioned many times before from various posters, it's amazing that ones 'personal god' always seems to agree with that persons beliefs, biases and prejudices.
Just amazing!
It's such a flexible god

Old 09-27-2019, 12:25 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
one is one.
post #234

Quote:
but if someone--anyone--- recognizes and acknowledges that one Creator made everything, then they are talking about the same thing. No matter what language they speak, or what name they use.

if a man is Trans they may call him Jason or brother or husband or uncle or grandson or nephew or colleague or neighbor or customer or poker player or mister or chap or bloke or sir. But there is still just one of you no matter what different names people may call you.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
How different our we who repeat what we believe and why, over and over in these threads, compared to the guy rambling on the street corner?
reading from a tract is not a conversation. it is talking at people.
the guy rambling on the street corner is not in a discussion. he is talking at people.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-27-2019 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
one is one.
post #234
How do you explain the extreme differences in descriptions of the christian god versus, say, Ganesh?

Old 09-27-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
How do you explain the extreme differences in descriptions of the christian god versus, say, Ganesh?
how do you explain the extreme difference in descriptions of Los Angeles from one person to another? How do you explain the extreme difference in descriptions of the Grand Canyon from one person to another? How do you explain the extreme differences in descriptions of you as teacher or son or friend or board member or tourist or ex-husband or Buddhist or snowbird?

Old 09-27-2019, 12:47 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,511 times
Quote:
reading from a tract is not a conversation. it is talking at people.
the guy rambling on the street corner is not in a discussion. he is talking at people.
We have, on this forum, various non believing individuals doing their level best to engage in a rational discussion with believers. And then we have Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KP84NGwP4Q

I have no tract that I read from, btw. Every word I write is my own.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
how do you explain the extreme difference in descriptions of Los Angeles from one person to another? How do you explain the extreme difference in descriptions of the Grand Canyon from one person to another? How do you explain the extreme differences in descriptions of you as teacher or son or friend or board member or tourist or ex-husband or Buddhist or snowbird?
Come on now.

Christianity says that god made man in his image.
Hinduism portrays Ganesh as a weird looking elephant.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
We have, on this forum, various non believing individuals doing their level best to engage in a rational discussion with believers. And then we have Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KP84NGwP4Q

I have no tract that I read from, btw. Every word I write is my own.
I believe in Ritilin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality