Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,647,040 times

Advertisements

hello everyone,
i have never posted to this board before but have a question.
for those of you that speak to god and ask for guidance, do you hear god speak back to u? do you hear an actual voice or do you feel a certain feeling?
i am just wondering about this.
thanks for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 11:09 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,480 times
God doesn't respond to you as you talk to him. People believe that God presents things to them through everyday life.

Me, I pray to God but don't believe he interacts or controls things on Earth. He's given us this life and the free will to do as we please. I think every now and then, and much more seldom than people believe, he lends a hand.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:17 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,572 times
Here is a similar thread that got alot of responses: //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...speak-you.html

Old 09-14-2007, 11:22 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
hello everyone,
for those of you that speak to god and ask for guidance, do you hear god speak back to u? do you hear an actual voice or do you feel a certain feeling?
thanks for any replies.
First, nicolepsy, welcome to the forum. I am going to try to post a link to a similiar question that just recently was on the current threads. You will find a lot of answers to your question there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ght=god+speaks

looks like cg81 and I were on the same wave length...

Hope that works. If not, do a search for "Christians, how does God speak to you?"

Hope to see you around the forum.

Weather...

Last edited by weatherologist; 09-14-2007 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: thought

Old 09-14-2007, 12:38 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
I just ask questions and instead of answers I get more questions.
I think God seats in my curiosity. I truly care for the people I love and I want to help them, which brings me back to asking questions.
The fact that I ask questions tells me that I truly care.

I’ve experienced times where I did not care and did not ask. I just felt truly miserable and utterly depressed.
Ever sinking deeper into the void.

The fact that I now yearn for answers to my questions and want to help others is my reason to live.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM

373 posts, read 256,966 times
Personally, I have never heard a audible voice from God in reponse to my prayers. However, God drops what I need to know in my heart. I just know it's God and not my own thoughts. God speaks to the heart. also, you can know it's God through Holy Ghost convictions.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
hello everyone,
thanks for any replies.
God speaks as clear as a bell & it is the clearest sound you have ever heard. It shocks you to the core when you first hear it. At other times God will whisper or just give you a vision, or a sudden inspirational thought that seems to come from nowhere; & you know you did not think of it by yourself.

God speaks with telepathy mainly because God is holding your soul & speaks from there directly to your mind. If you clear your mind then you can easily perceive God's telepathic messages all the time.

God works with each person individually. So if you are a musician then God will give you help with music. If you are a maths teacher then God will give you help with maths. Whatever you are interested in God will help you to advance in that field of knowledge.

So when you listen for God's voice also keep your mind open to other ways that God may be speaking to you. Such as with dreams & visions, or gentle inspirations that flood over you & yet seem to come from nowhere.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:21 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Boy, are people limited or what in 2007? Do they not understand 2 things?
God, of course, can speak to you in complete sentences and with such feeling... and knock your socks off
with His love and raw exposing of His Heart.
AND if you believe He can't or won't - guess what? You're right!!
You're own beliefs dictate it.
Really, are people that dumb they don't know about beliefs?
'Ask, believe and receive' ---nothing new.

Yet, I know few people that have that is true. Why does He to me? I dunno...probably cuz i needed it?
Or maybe because I can sit in stillness waiting for him for many many many many hrs---knowing He is there
playing His little hide and seek game?
Cuz I follow the Formula? Be still, be pure of heart, be like a child...
wait, expecting and knowing He will visit with no impatience or doubt, just expecting Him?
Maybe.
But...as I have said before - people think God wants us to worship Him - well, sure He is like a bottomless
well wanting love and more love...but He is the slave...like a moth to light -
He can NOT resist love for Him. He can not.
Love Him, really adore Him...see all that opens to you...as it has for me....Simple, clumsy, slow learner, imperfect 'me'.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:48 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,614,590 times
I speak with "god" and am responded back in form of life lessons that guide me or teach me or answer questions asked.

I am not follower of any "god" you all refer to here but, I am pretty sure, if your god spoke to you directly, there would have been nothing left of you. In your religions, no one can stand direct god presence, that's why you always have those odd messengers and avatars, like burning bush, talking animals, etc.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:32 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,513 times
God says in The Bible that They will manifest to all whom They Love.

Quote:
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Do you think God cannot speak? Of course God can speak. Far better than you or I can.
i recall one woman writing that she heard a voice in the morning telling her to go to a different bank that day. So she went to another bank & when she was there she heard sirens, & it turned out her usual bank was robbed at the exact time she normally would have been there.

One man told me that he heard a voice saying, "If you move an inch you will die". So he froze & did not move, & instantly a vehicle sped past him at over a hundred miles an hour & missed him by one inch.

There's so many miracles. Everyone has a miracle or two to tell if they are honest.
God spoke to me a few times when I was answering this thread today.
God said He works with each person individually & has a number of Angels helping Him.
He said Satan is with all people & He has to wait for a space to open before He can speak to each person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality