Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 10:46 AM

3,825 posts, read 1,382,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was talking about this earlier with a guy at work, we were discussing what happens immediately after we die, he said he believes you are 'transported instantly' to a big room, where you are judged on everything you have done in life, (he likened it to a court room), and after being judged, you are sent off to wherever you are going for eternity, so in his opinion,it all happens very quickly.

I tend to think it will be more of a long drawn out process, since time will not exist, there is no need to rush anything, I do think right after you die,there is at least a period of 'settling in' before any judgement takes place though, I can honestly say, when I die, and I 'arrive' at this place, it will probably be hard to convince me Im actually dead, I can see myself arguing that I am not dead and trying to fight and resist, in an attempt to go back.
It does seem likely we would at least be given a chance to speak for ourselves though...right? especially since its something as important as where you will spend eternity, to maybe defend some of our actions, or explain why we chose to do somethings the way we did them, or vice versa.
What do you all think?
I now believe that all we have done - will be fully revealed and will already include all extenuating circumstances that all fully true, as there will be no need or chance now to try to deceive/cover/or fool anybody else or even ourselves (as we do now in life). So no need to now 'contrive a defense'. I believe that also the EFFECTS of all that we have done, both positive, and NEGATIVE, even to all generations downline, will be fully revealed - and will testify both for and against us.

I also believe that all that we FAILED to do, will also be fully revealed, as well as the effects caused thereby (burying the 1 talent of gold that we did receive, failing to share the 2nd cloak we had, withholding forgiveness and failing to seek forgiveness, failing to obey Christs command to follow Him (humility, self- sacrifice, loving even enemies, purity, etc). Of course extenuating circumstances will also be self-revealed as well here too.

And also for both above, did we attempt to make any amends to above short-comings while still alive in the flesh?

Now here is where it now gets 'tricky' - We ourselves will have to face all of this revealed as truth - but only as much as we can 'handle' in any one 'moment'. Doing this now, in life in the flesh, is Painful! Will we be able to even forgive ourselves when fully revealed against the light of Truth? How can we now make amends no longer in the flesh? How long will it be before we can forgive ourselves? or forgive others that we hadn't yet forgiven, etc. Certainly all this mess will need to be 'cleaned up' before we can 'walk in to paradise' with a clean conscious, to be fully in Union with The Father, and The Son, and all the Heavenly Family of His children!
Suppose all the above reveal occurs in 'a flash', and the 'clean up' takes lets say one-second. Since there is now no time, won't this one-second 'clean-up' feel like an eternity??

I believe the True Good News that Christ brought to mankind, is that all the above has been made known NOW to mankind, thru His example, and now others Living His example, while we are still alive in the flesh, so that we can repent & remediate ourselves and others NOW, while in the flesh and in time, bearably, and begin to experience Union with Him NOW just as He spoke in the gospel '...If you Love me, and keep my commands, the Father and I will come to you and make our dwelling WITH YOU'....

Why fester in doubt, and wait 'till the end', when there is so much we can do now, as He taught us ?
He said we could 'move mountains' if we believe, and I now know He really meant it!
Peace be with you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 10:32 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Yes, we can move mountains as in moving mountain-like obstacles to overcome.
Yes, while alive in the flesh we can overcome problem hurdles even of giant sizes.
Once dead we are as Jesus taught at John 11:11-14 to be in a sleep-like state.
Jesus being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death - Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Sleep until being resurrected.
Some to have a first or earlier resurrection to heaven - Rev. 20:6
The majority (John 3:13) to have a future earthly resurrection - Acts 24:15 uses the 'future tense' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection......
That future happy-and-healthy physical resurrection takes place during Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I now believe that all we have done - will be fully revealed and will already include all extenuating circumstances that all fully true, as there will be no need or chance now to try to deceive/cover/or fool anybody else or even ourselves (as we do now in life). So no need to now 'contrive a defense'. I believe that also the EFFECTS of all that we have done, both positive, and NEGATIVE, even to all generations downline, will be fully revealed - and will testify both for and against us.

I also believe that all that we FAILED to do, will also be fully revealed, as well as the effects caused thereby (burying the 1 talent of gold that we did receive, failing to share the 2nd cloak we had, withholding forgiveness and failing to seek forgiveness, failing to obey Christs command to follow Him (humility, self- sacrifice, loving even enemies, purity, etc). Of course extenuating circumstances will also be self-revealed as well here too.

And also for both above, did we attempt to make any amends to above short-comings while still alive in the flesh?

Now here is where it now gets 'tricky' - We ourselves will have to face all of this revealed as truth - but only as much as we can 'handle' in any one 'moment'. Doing this now, in life in the flesh, is Painful! Will we be able to even forgive ourselves when fully revealed against the light of Truth? How can we now make amends no longer in the flesh? How long will it be before we can forgive ourselves? or forgive others that we hadn't yet forgiven, etc. Certainly all this mess will need to be 'cleaned up' before we can 'walk in to paradise' with a clean conscious, to be fully in Union with The Father, and The Son, and all the Heavenly Family of His children!
Suppose all the above reveal occurs in 'a flash', and the 'clean up' takes lets say one-second. Since there is now no time, won't this one-second 'clean-up' feel like an eternity??

I believe the True Good News that Christ brought to mankind, is that all the above has been made known NOW to mankind, thru His example, and now others Living His example, while we are still alive in the flesh, so that we can repent & remediate ourselves and others NOW, while in the flesh and in time, bearably, and begin to experience Union with Him NOW just as He spoke in the gospel '...If you Love me, and keep my commands, the Father and I will come to you and make our dwelling WITH YOU'....

Why fester in doubt, and wait 'till the end', when there is so much we can do now, as He taught us ?
He said we could 'move mountains' if we believe, and I now know He really meant it!
Peace be with you!
Im curious about how distinctions will be made about people.

I know quite a few people, I wouldnt call any of them truly evil, some of them do some bad things, but they also do some good things too, I dont see how its possible to paint people with one 'label' and them have to face eternity based on that.

Just an example, a lady I know HATES the catholic church and anything to do with organized religion...but on the other hand, she donates time and money to places and people that need it, she fights for gay rights and womens issues as well.

Some would call her evil for hating the church and religion, but what about the good works she does? Im sure God factors all these things together, at least I hope so., someone could be the most evil person on the planet, but it doesnt mean they have NEVER done anything good either.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:08 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,528 times
That is one of the things that divides Christianity and caused a schism within the church. Are you saved by faith alone or faith and works? So if you are talking about the Christian God, you will get various answers on that.

Old 12-15-2019, 04:18 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
OK, so you all carry on scaring yourselves until death, thats fine. When you get there you will find out that what is reported, happens and we do not get judged by anyone else.

What those people who have already gone to these places and found out (many different unrelated people agree this is what happens), is that we judge ourselves and feel both side of the event - both the feelings and experiences of the 'wronged' person and our own side of the event.

So we get both perspectives and actually live the emotions and consequences caused, which helps us learn the results of our actions. After that, we judge ourselves and how we have lived the life just completed, we decide what we need to learn next and what the circumstances will be in order for us to learn those lessons effectively.

Of course, if you believe you go and sit on the right side of Jesus then firstly there will be a whole lot of you up there all sitting around in bliss and secondly I do not see how you can work it all out and become pretty-near perfect in one Earth lifetime.

To me, there has to be for each of us, a continuing evolution of the spirit through many different experiences in many different lifetimes, in order to gain the compassion, understanding, and perfectness of someone like a Saviour. One Earth lifetime just does not cut it and is not enough of a 'sample' of our spiritual character to be judged on for eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality