Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2019, 12:20 PM

29,556 posts, read 9,768,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
God spent years demonstrating His Supreme Science to me. God controls all time & space using a science that is child's play to Him.

Our own scientists hide facts from us. So they are totally corrupt & they are Owned by corrupt powers. It's like they are an evil cult keeping everyone as their stupid slaves. Sure mankind's science can be helpful. But it is not the supreme truth. It is a tiny little narrow minded view of reality that has been carefully sculpted to keep you dumb & under control.

And that is probably because mankind is so savage that it would be dangerous to teach them too much.

God controls everything with science. It is the science that can alter the measurements of all dimensions that hold you within them. So I know what science is. But I also know that God is the supreme scientist & you won't get anywhere unless you respect God 100%

And No I don't want to read an atheistic thread you really like. It would no doubt be like listening to devils gibbering & jabbering to one another. But thanks anyway
Don't be afraid...

That thread touched on the dynamics that affect all of us in terms of how we come to believe what we do, whether we are religious or not. Obviously you have no interest or respect for such knowledge and your goal is quite singular with respect to what you want to comment. l respect your "passion" and perspective even though I can't appreciate your reason or logic, but either way, no need to keep pointing out you are beyond considering what else there is to consider.

Indeed, I am an atheist and I started this thread. What are you doing here I wonder, given this last comment of yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 12:39 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not sure I follow, and I'm always perplexed by this confusion, but thanks for the question...

Of course it's okay to discuss these truths in whatever manner you wish! I'm not like these anal folks forever complaining about this or that, seemingly wanting to control traffic but mostly just wanting to get in the way. Forever complaining and bellyaching, using the report button like babies.

Have at it! Fear not! By all means!

Universal truth. We all live on planet Earth.
Yes. Also true that some people live better lives than others on Earth. Not sure the difference, but of course "better" is a rather subjective measure.

I like to put it this way, "There are essentially two realities for all human beings. One reality is as we perceive it to be, our personal reality. The second reality is all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of us. Our universal truth."

Where is the confusion?
The only confusion, if you will, is why you insist on trying to insert non religious/spiritual aspects on a forum supposedly devoted to the religious/spirituality.
I've asked and asked and asked you for one or any "Universal Truths" that apply to THIS forum and still haven't received even one.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I can't see through any other lens other than of one of a Christian... and then as an engineer. However that doesn't mean I've become blind, intellectually speaking. Any philosophy that requires anyone to check your brain at the door, or deny who and what I/we are, is not worthy. We have to be ourselves, 'cause everyone else it taken.

I've ended nothing. I'm right here. Don't tell me why I'm wrong... tell me why you're right.
Did you decide to leave after my last response to you after all? Why? What happened?

Old 09-26-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The only confusion, if you will, is why you insist on trying to insert non religious/spiritual aspects on a forum supposedly devoted to the religious/spirituality.
I've asked and asked and asked you for one or any "Universal Truths" that apply to THIS forum and still haven't received even one.
What you say I am insisting upon, in my opinion, is simply offering another thread and topic of discussion that specifically addresses religion and spirituality. Surely you can see by the comments in this thread so far, others have no similar issue like you do. Perhaps all to say that maybe this is not the thread for you, and that's okay of course, but this forum doesn't belong to you...

Yes, you have asked more than a few times, and I have replied to your request best I know how in the context of what my truths attempts to explain, even if lost on you.

To try again, just for you; Universal truth related to religion and spirituality is that there are many different religions adhered to by billions of followers on the Earth still to this day. Right? Good so far?

Next, simply please refer to truths nine and ten.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:14 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,855,202 times
Quote:
Did you decide to leave after my last response to you after all? Why? What happened?
You keep moving the goal post, but I'll be back in a few weeks.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:22 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
Quote:
To try again, just for you; Universal truth related to religion and spirituality is that there are many different religions adhered to by billions of followers on the Earth still to this day. Right? Good so far?
Right!

I hate to point it out to you but since so many of those followers can't even agree amongst themselves as to what is what, then there is NO universal truth when it comes to religion.
Again, give an example of even ONE "Universal Truth" where it applies

Old 09-26-2019, 01:44 PM

1,378 posts, read 394,778 times
Quote:
Indeed, I am an atheist and I started this thread. What are you doing here I wonder?
I simply came to demonstrate that your ten imaginary truths are simply ten lies that your uneducated outlook imagines are truths. They are not truths. They are your ideals. Things you would like to be true so that you can live your life the way you want to live it.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You keep moving the goal post, but I'll be back in a few weeks.
How so?

These Ten Truths have gone nowhere and I can't even revise them in this thread if I wanted to!

They've been the same since I started this thread, are still the same and will remain the same when you return...

Nothing serious I hope, and nothing too serious about my simple request you let me know what you think about these truths more specifically if and when you care to do so, in whatever manner you feel comfortable about. Take care!

Old 09-27-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Right!

I hate to point it out to you but since so many of those followers can't even agree amongst themselves as to what is what, then there is NO universal truth when it comes to religion.
Again, give an example of even ONE "Universal Truth" where it applies
I keep trying, and you seem to be understanding me on the one hand, but not so much in total. Seems your question leans toward asking the place for this thread as opposed to what these truths and thread is actually all about...

Maybe I should point out that although this thread and/or topic also about universal truth, what I'm trying to explain is how we might best contend with the problem(s) of spirituality and religion in a peaceful manner, rather than continue to kill ourselves over the differences. Right again? Please...

Not sure you're getting that while instead you seem fixated on this want of a universal truth that applies to religion. I can think of many, but none that suggest spirituality or religion can be considered a universal truth. Much I try to explain here in fact is why that is.

PS: Please don't "hate" to point anything out to me! I'm on bended knee to have anyone point out to me what needs pointing out. Thanks for the effort. Really!

Old 09-27-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
I simply came to demonstrate that your ten imaginary truths are simply ten lies that your uneducated outlook imagines are truths. They are not truths. They are your ideals. Things you would like to be true so that you can live your life the way you want to live it.
Fine and thanks for coming...

Not sure you have "demonstrated" anything along those lines, and at least I can take some comfort in more than a few people who don't view these truths as lies at all. At a minimum considered more truth than not. I am not sure these are my "ideals" either, but simply what I see as the truth given the preponderance of evidence all around us that I simply cannot deny.

What is important that I respectfully suggest you are missing is that you also have your truths, your ideals, and what you would like to be true so that you can live your life the way you want to live it. No doubt, like most of us do. I think that's fine and cool as well. These truths are about how perhaps people can co-exist peacefully despite our personal truth differences that go well beyond our universally accepted truths. That's all...

Appreciated by some. Lost on others. Nothing I can do about that truth either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality