Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 10:40 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,795,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
It seems there is none since I do agree with the way you put it. I purposely used the word better because comparisons are subject to a person's experience, which can affect how they perceive their personal reality.

I once mentioned that I live in a small house but one of my daughter's friends said that is not true. My house is very big and her house is small according to this friend. But the reality is that some people do live better than others.

So the point I am trying to make: Is there any point in separating truths, which I suspect are mostly opinions? I don't think so. Instead, I would solely look at facts that everyone can agree on. "This house does have more square footage than that house."
Facts. Correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 03:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,228,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
So the point I am trying to make: Is there any point in separating truths, which I suspect are mostly opinions? I don't think so. Instead, I would solely look at facts that everyone can agree on. "This house does have more square footage than that house."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Facts. Correct.
Facts can be misleading.

There's a difference between square footage, and square footage of living space.

HUD mathematical acrobatics for calculating "fair market value" (snicker) for HUD Section 8 units is based in part on total square feet of living space and total square feet of the apartment. The percent difference is used as modifier to calculate "fair market value" (snicker).

Anyway, someone can have a larger home, but less living space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
It was an anomaly & not normal.
Did you know that if you pet a cat backwards against the grain of its fur, its eyeballs will pop out?

It was only in his mind, or he was just playing you, since he knows you're gullible.

If prisms were gateways to other dimensions, don't you think scientists would have figured that out decades ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I hope you weren’t on duty at the time.
I was getting ready to go to class; a typical history class taught from Western European perspectives.

Not very entertaining.

Quote:
Given what limited time I have and a strong inclination to take a break from this forum for awhile, I thank you for stepping in with some of this help, seemingly badly needed by some...
They fail to understand that their beliefs are based upon ancient superstitions which have all been disproved.

Quote:
Reminds me of how I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman. I've waken up with a few however...
Wolf ugly (you would rather chew off your arm so you don't accidentally wake her up).

Old 09-29-2019, 04:14 PM

1,378 posts, read 395,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Facts can be misleading.

If prisms were gateways to other dimensions, don't you think scientists would have figured that out decades ago?
Like I said. It was an anomaly. Scientists only look at things they can reproduce & use as tools. They can't do that with anomalies because the anomalies own science & break all its rules; instead of science owning the anomaly '& using it for their own agendas

Last edited by ocean777; 09-29-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 10-14-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Facts can be misleading.
Where would this forum be if it were not true that "facts can be misleading?"

Or confusing or misunderstood or not what you want them to be?

The truth is the truth, however, regardless, and to whatever extent anyone can truly distinguish the truth from the nonsense is what tends to divide those who speak the truth from those who speak the nonsense...

Old 10-14-2019, 09:21 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,769,964 times
I thought this thread had died a well deserved death.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,269,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
As long as there's a breath of life in his body, the OP's o'erweening ego will not allow his baby to die.

It's nearly as amusing as it is pathetic to watch him keep resurrecting it.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Always nice when a moderator should make such a comment, again noting just a slight bit of negativity just like when I first introduced these truths, but that's okay I suppose...

Fact is, I started this thread and many people have commented one way or another about this topic since I started it. All perfectly okay with me no matter the comments. What I hoped for anyway, but I signed off from this forum a couple weeks ago and others posted here since then. Just now catching up with hopes -- contrary to yours -- this thread might breath on just a bit longer.

Don't see much harm in that myself, but clearly there are people who would rather be insulting rather than add something substantive (and please don't suggest all that can be commented has been commented about such a subject).

Please have mercy...

Not sure I'd even be back, but I read this email upon my return this morning, and I have to admit, I felt encouraged to return. I thought maybe it was from you mensaguy! (But I guess not).

Notice: LearnMe, you have received postive reputation points at City-Data Forum

We are happy to inform you that our users have appreciated your posts.
You have received 3 positive points for your posts under "LearnMe"
username, increasing your forum reputation. For further information you can

Thank you,
City-Data Administration
www.city-data.com/forum

I have never really paid much attention to the reps or points, but I got a kick out of the misspelling in the subject line of all places, in a standard company marketing email. Some real professionalism there, no doubt, but the marketing really does work either way! A kick in any case...

Last edited by LearnMe; 10-14-2019 at 09:55 AM..

Old 10-14-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As long as there's a breath of life in his body, the OP's o'erweening ego will not allow his baby to die.

It's nearly as amusing as it is pathetic to watch him keep resurrecting it.
If everyone followed me as much or as close as you do, I'd be flattered, but of course in your case it's more like being followed by a bad smell impossible to shake. Haven't you got plenty enough other victims to attend to?

And why this time no really cute popcorn munching video you are always so proud to display whenever you can? Getting lazy?

Old 10-14-2019, 10:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,269,720 times
Quote:
If everyone followed me as much or as close as you do, I'd be flattered, but of course in your case it's more like being followed by a bad smell impossible to shake. Haven't you got plenty enough other victims to attend to?

And why this time no really cute popcorn munching video you are always so proud to display whenever you can? Getting lazy?
Poor dear. Got her panties all in a bunch.

Here you go, sweetie.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor dear. Got her panties all in a bunch.

Here you go, sweetie.
Thanks! Thought you were slipping there for a second...

Anything wrong with how I choose to wear my panties?!?

Ah! It's so good to be back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality