Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 07:43 PM

7,602 posts, read 4,181,252 times

Advertisements

Okay, so what does "7" mean? Is it a code, a typo, or a "nevermind"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 08:03 AM

29,558 posts, read 9,774,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Okay, so what does "7" mean? Is it a code, a typo, or a "nevermind"?
Is this a trick question?

. . . – – – . . .

Old 10-17-2019, 03:43 PM

16,084 posts, read 7,093,444 times
Quote:
There are essentially two realities for all human beings. One reality is as we perceive it to be, our personal reality. The second reality is all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of us. Our universal truth.
ONE:

There cannot be more than one reality. What we perceive to be reality is conditioned by our individual means of perception. We do not know all that truly exists in the world.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
ONE:

There cannot be more than one reality. What we perceive to be reality is conditioned by our individual means of perception. We do not know all that truly exists in the world.
Interesting that some people seem to have trouble with this one...

ONE: There are essentially two realities for all human beings. One reality is as we perceive it to be, our personal reality. The second reality is all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of us. Our universal truth.

While of course there is only one universal reality or truth, the above is simply to explain how we humans nevertheless don't all agree about what that one universal reality. To point out how people will consider whatever they choose to be reality as far as they are concerned regardless the truth, and how this has us grappling with essentially two realities. The one as we perceive it to be. The second reality is the true reality for all of us, whether we personally, accurately, perceive what it is or not.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:42 AM

88,736 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

ONE: There are essentially two realities for all human beings. One reality is as we perceive it to be, our personal reality. The second reality is all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of us. Our universal truth.

While of course there is only one universal reality or truth, the above is simply to explain how we humans nevertheless don't all agree about what that one universal reality. To point out how people will consider whatever they choose to be reality as far as they are concerned regardless the truth, and how this has us grappling with essentially two realities. The one as we perceive it to be. The second reality is the true reality for all of us, whether we personally, accurately, perceive what it is or not.
For some reason, this reminded me of something I once read:

Every cat has two names. The one you gave him, and the one he knows is really his name.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:32 PM

51,004 posts, read 24,497,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

I think I agree, although I would say it differently

The issue is not whether there is some "reality". Naturally there is.

The issue is that no one and no people can see actual reality. Especially those who think they do.

Old 10-20-2019, 01:22 PM

23,240 posts, read 10,522,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Every cat has two names. The one you gave him, and the one he knows is really his name.
I like that, never heard it.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Thanks! I can easily see the reason...

This just might help some people to understand what they have so much trouble understanding about this sort of thing let alone all the rest I try to explain about how we might deal with the duality that is our reality. Might work especially well with the cat lovers.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think I agree, although I would say it differently

The issue is not whether there is some "reality". Naturally there is.

The issue is that no one and no people can see actual reality. Especially those who think they do.
I'm inclined to agree with you, but to support your clarification, I won't.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:27 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,271,060 times
Enumerating lists of things that can be counted off on the fingers is a sales tactic.

The ten commandments
The seven deadly sins
The eight holy helpers

Reality is far more complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality