Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 05:27 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
You already have God's Full Attention. He is watching every move you make & every thought you have. He knows you better than you know yourself. You have His attention & He is waiting till you open your mind to Him so He can start teaching you the facts of life.
Is THAT right?

Your all knowing god also knows my final eternal destination, right o777?

Your god knew this since the beginning of time, right?

Why would your god create me knowing I’ll have no control over that final destination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 05:35 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
No one - and no Christian - has to defend anything. The texts and teachings are in the Bible. People can take it or leave it. Christianity needs no person/human to defend it. It's merit comes from its words/teachings and God/Jesus, not people.

I wouldn't waste a second trying to defend it. People come to it on their own, at their choosing. Or they reject it. It's a personal choice or responsibility.
So I guess saying that the christians who are on here defending it -- day after day -- are misguided.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:44 PM

1,378 posts, read 392,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Is THAT right?

Why would your god create me knowing I’ll have no control over that final destination?

Well Your God takes me to a vast library filled with living books of life, that are all the lives of people throughout all time & places future & past. Each book of life is a lesson & God places souls into individual books to live the life inside them & learn its lessons. Then God retrieves your soul & puts you into another book of life to live as someone else in some other time & place, & your soul learns the lessons of that life. Eventually your soul has gathered a full spectrum of life lessons from living a number of completely different lives.

God puts my soul into one book of life after another & I find myself living all different kinds of lives throughout time. He does this to educate me about what life on earth is. It is simply a lesson for the soul. God says the earth is a school where all souls are sent at some stage in their lives.

So people think it is not fair that their destiny is already mapped out. But it is just a lesson, a living lesson, for their soul, that they are being walked through. It is not their real life at all. Life on earth is less than the blink of an eye to God. It is all done to educate your soul & make you wise so you can live peacefully in Heaven with your brothers & sisters

Old 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Is THAT right?
You were created precious - and your actions ultimately benefit others, whether you know it or not.
You will see that you have FULL control of your destination. Your choice.
You will also know how little it would have taken on your part.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:37 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
You were created precious - and your actions ultimately benefit others, whether you know it or not.
You will see that you have FULL control of your destination. Your choice.
You will also know how little it would have taken on your part.
All of these things will be made clear to us once we're dead?

You go first.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:40 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,107 times
‪If you want to know what’s happened to the Christians, they’re out having fun at Christian rock concerts. I’ve been to several in the past year and the venues are packed!

‪‪for KING & COUNTRY - joy. (Lyric Video) (4K)
https://youtu.be/E-r7ogDaaEQ via @YouTube‬

Old 09-18-2019, 03:23 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
ok. Whatever. I'm the one that is actually arguing using logic. As in the laws of logic.
Except you did NOT point out Pneuma's fallacy.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Except you did NOT point out Pneuma's fallacy.
Which one was that? Can you point at the post #?

Old 09-18-2019, 07:03 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Which one was that? Can you point at the post #?
Post 166.

with mans understanding God can never win.

In the OT it is said God destroyed all the wicked from off the earth and you guys complain about that, so now for those same people God looks like He is doing nothing and you complain about that.

Gods in a lose, lose situation with mans understanding.

The fallacy is there are other possible options.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Post 166.

with mans understanding God can never win.

In the OT it is said God destroyed all the wicked from off the earth and you guys complain about that, so now for those same people God looks like He is doing nothing and you complain about that.

Gods in a lose, lose situation with mans understanding.

The fallacy is there are other possible options.
I addressed that.

God didn't lose. He doesn't lose. That statement says more about man than God. And it's an opinion of a man. It's not God saying he will lose.

God was justified in both options. He can do what he wants with his creation. His creation has no ability or right to complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality