Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 02:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
With respects to my first comment, is that God gave His Son Jesus Christ, down here to die so he can basically take the the bullet of your sins so you can be with God who cannot be with sin, for an everlasting life.

My second comment that you quoted has nothing to do with Sunday School, its basically the story of Universe, why there is sin, why Jesus needed to come down, and what is in store to happen in the future in Earth. Part III is The Anti-Christ comes, Rapture, and at the last moment of complete destruction of Israel from a 1 million man army (from mostly China and Russia), the second coming of Jesus comes, Satan is locked into hell for 1,000 years, then the Earth will be destroyed and turn into hell hole. After Heaven is finished being built by some of the chosen dead, Judgement day for all, and then those who go to heaven live with God and those who were not chosen go to Hell with Satan and his followers.
I see. Thank you. Take care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 04:17 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
I'm giving the story of the Bible and what the future beholds. There is literally a war in the heavens that has and is going on, and the Earth is basically in the cross hairs.
That's what your little tribe thinks. We get it.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:57 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
That is exactly what a servant of Satan would say.
No, that's not what a servant of Satan would say! A servant of the Satan (aka the 'Father or Lies') wouldn't speak the straight truth.

A servant of Satan would see themselves on a mission to eradicate Christianity and to actively influence as many souls as possible away from Christianity.

A servant of Satan might say something along the lines of...

This is a campaign against organized religion, specifically Christianity. The reason we are here is because the Big Lie of Christianity. If we don't know better, the case for Christianity can be made to look Very convincing. Bamboozling with a carefully designed misinformation pack. And the Liars that peddle these claims keep their fingers crossed that their dupes won't check.

or maybe...

My primary purposes here is to say to some Christians -- back off. A few Christians, even here, who are on a hunting expedition... they want to bag an atheist and convert them (or from some other religion). I simply will not let that stand.
They deserve the grilling they're getting here."

and also...

Believers pass through here regularly. They stop briefly for a chance to preach to the unwashed unbelievers. But then they quickly witness their make believe world view being not only eviscerated, but effectively eviscerated. And they disappear in horror.
We non believers are waiting in ever growing packs to eviscerate the poor foolishly unprepared religious newbies who stumble in to the forum,

or heaven forbid, if the 'servant' is really duped...

This is the most important and worthwhile thing I have ever done in my life. "If we fail, we fall" but if we succeed, I will feel justified in knowing that i played a small part in it.

A servant of Satan would be doing whatever they can to pack Satan's bus. It's a one-way express trip to Hell. Accommodations provided, for eternity. Sorry, no substitutions.

Don't miss this exciting offer! Book now.
The place is going to be on FIRE!!!

Old 09-20-2019, 12:03 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
No, that's not what a servant of Satan would say!
The meant it was a joke.

Quote:
A servant of the Satan (aka the 'Father or Lies') wouldn't speak the straight truth.
The 'Father or Lies' according to your mistranslation.

Old 09-20-2019, 02:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
No, that's not what a servant of Satan would say! A servant of the Satan (aka the 'Father or Lies') wouldn't speak the straight truth.

A servant of Satan would see themselves on a mission to eradicate Christianity and to actively influence as many souls as possible away from Christianity.

This is a campaign against organized religion, specifically Christianity. The reason we are here is because the Big Lie of Christianity. If we don't know better, the case for Christianity can be made to look Very convincing. Bamboozling with a carefully designed misinformation pack. And the Liars that peddle these claims keep their fingers crossed that their dupes won't check.

or maybe...

My primary purposes here is to say to some Christians -- back off. A few Christians, even here, who are on a hunting expedition... they want to bag an atheist and convert them (or from some other religion). I simply will not let that stand.
They deserve the grilling they're getting here."

and also...

Believers pass through here regularly. They stop briefly for a chance to preach to the unwashed unbelievers. But then they quickly witness their make believe world view being not only eviscerated, but effectively eviscerated. And they disappear in horror.
We non believers are waiting in ever growing packs to eviscerate the poor foolishly unprepared religious newbies who stumble in to the forum,

or heaven forbid, if the 'servant' is really duped...

This is the most important and worthwhile thing I have ever done in my life. "If we fail, we fall" but if we succeed, I will feel justified in knowing that i played a small part in it.

A servant of Satan would be doing whatever they can to pack Satan's bus. It's a one-way express trip to Hell. Accommodations provided, for eternity. Sorry, no substitutions.

Don't miss this exciting offer! Book now.
The place is going to be on FIRE!!!
It has been observed that the serpent told the truth and God lied. But you may be one of those who don't say that the serpent was Satan. In which case God had the serpent tell the truth to ensure that Adam fell.

It has further been observed that Satan seems to work as God's Gofor. Indeed, if God didn't want him to do the dirty work, he could just remove him. The while idea of a battle between God and rebellious angels is ridiculous. It could only work if God intended it to work. The fall could only happen if God intended Adam to fall. Sin and death could only happen if God intended it to happen.

This is when we just reject the whole concept as see it as an explanation for the way the world is. And an explanation that just doesn't make any sense.

This is what I present as an argument that appeals to the intellect. It is rational. The rejection of it requires unreason and faith -claims.
It is for those looking at the argument see which makes most sense. Because presenting reasoned argument to those who do Faith rather than reason seems pointless in itself.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:47 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Unless the many Christianities are the work of Satan.

Quote:
I am always amused how people know how Satan or God would think.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:35 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
I'm giving the story of the Bible and what the future beholds. There is literally a war in the heavens that has and is going on, and the Earth is basically in the cross hairs.
I know what you are giving, and of course not everyone is buying, but you do remind me of something I have often said. "That Heaven and Hell are right here on Earth." I've also often described the same sense of being caught in the "cross hairs between the Hatfields and McCoys," quite literally with respect to the conflicts like the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It has been observed that the serpent told the truth and God lied. But you may be one of those who don't say that the serpent was Satan. In which case God had the serpent tell the truth to ensure that Adam fell.

It has further been observed that Satan seems to work as God's Gofor. Indeed, if God didn't want him to do the dirty work, he could just remove him. The while idea of a battle between God and rebellious angels is ridiculous. It could only work if God intended it to work. The fall could only happen if God intended Adam to fall. Sin and death could only happen if God intended it to happen.

This is when we just reject the whole concept as see it as an explanation for the way the world is. And an explanation that just doesn't make any sense.

This is what I present as an argument that appeals to the intellect. It is rational. The rejection of it requires unreason and faith -claims.
It is for those looking at the argument see which makes most sense. Because presenting reasoned argument to those who do Faith rather than reason seems pointless in itself.
That’s just what a servant of Satan (or a Luciferian) would say. Satan is just misunderstood, right?
Satan is the original anti-hero.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:09 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,504 times
Quote:
Where is this "war in heaven" detailed in the Bible? And if, much like God promising humankind free will, you can't find any "war in heaven" depicted in the Bible, doesn't that indicate that you are just making this stuff up out of nowhere?

Old 09-20-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Unless the many Christianities are the work of Satan.
I am always amused how people know how Satan or God would think.
I’m always amused by how someone can have so much Bible knowledge yet still fail to recognize the truth. It can’t be anything but an active resistance.

Did you recognize your ‘servant of Satan’ quote about “eviscerated believers, causing them to disappear in horror”? You certainly seem sure about something that you don’t actually know for sure!! Your ‘father’ must be so proud of you, doing his work for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality