Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What religion, if any, do you follow?
Christianity 20 37.04%
Judaism 3 5.56%
Islam 1 1.85%
Hinduism 0 0%
Chinese Traditional 0 0%
Buddhism 1 1.85%
No Religion 29 53.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 10:32 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
The Angel of God stands behind people from dawn till dusk & then takes their soul to Heaven each night. If a person lies down to sleep in the middle of the day, or if a person gets up for a while in the early hours & then goes back to bed, then the angel is placed in a difficult position & gives the person a direct encounter to try & wake their spirit up to the facts of Spiritual life.

99% of spiritual encounters happen when people alter their sleeping pattern & their Angel from God is placed in a spot where it can't go back to Heaven yet & it can't walk behind the human 'so it gives the person a vivid dream or spiritual encounter to try & let the human know it is there with the person.

That is why you had an encounter with The Son of God when you went to sleep during the day.

The Book of Revelations is just some guy who fell asleep at an odd time & turned around & met The Angel of God who takes care of his soul. Of course it knows you personally & loves you. It has cared for you since before you were born. You can meet it anytime. Trust me on this matter. It will soon realise you are well aware of it & will just talk plainly to you 24/7 & manifest physically very often. Believe it.

Religions all started from people meeting their own Angel of God that cares for their soul. Jacob stayed up all night in expectation of fighting his brother in the morning, & the Angel of God that cares for his soul got put in a tough spot because it was supposed to take his soul back to heaven that night, as it did every night. So it was trapped on earth with Jacob & it wrestled with him till dawn, & then it gave him the name "Israel" & returned to standing directly behind him, as it did from dawn till dusk every day. It has happened to me often & I have wrestled with God many times.

Moses went up the mountain & then probably rested, & The Angel of God who always stood behind him appeared & spoke to him. Enoch rested & two Angels of God appeared.

It is when the Angel leaves its place behind you & sometimes They have other Angels who came to visit them & so you will see more than one.

So "Spiritual" as in your own encounter, is what religions are made from. People with closed minds are parroting books word for word & they miss the bigger picture of what is going on worldwide. God is with everyone & interacts with a million people every day the same way He interacted with Moses & all the other prophets.

So get up early & do things for an hour or so, & then lay back down & fall to sleep. Flat on your back if you can. Do that every day & you will have an encounter with your Angel from God every day, or a vivid dream at the very least. It works almost every time believe me. It is what religions all started from.
That's interesting. I never heard of that. I do sometimes take afternoon naps on weekends. I do feel that I connect spiritually when sleeping.

At the same time, this dream was in a whole other league. I wasn't tired at all. And then, BOOM, it was all very sudden....I just fell asleep as if I was under a spell. I believe I've met angels in dreams a few times (No, they didn't have wings or anything dramatic like that). I know I never had a dream like the one where I met Jesus. The love was just incredible. In the dream I couldn't believe it was Him, but when I looked at him, his look told me it was. No words communicated. It was all just in one brief look.

But I am going to try your suggestion. I need all the spiritual help I can get, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 10:48 PM

1,378 posts, read 392,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
That's interesting. I never heard of that. I do sometimes take afternoon naps on weekends. I do feel that I connect spiritually when sleeping.

It probably won't work in the afternoon so much because the Angel is getting ready to leave the earth at that time. They start to get ready to leave after about 3 pm I have noticed. It's best in the morning when the Angel is fully focused on walking with the human through the day.
Or alternatively if you meditate at night instead of sleeping then your angel can't take you to heaven as planned & it will just watch you & wait till you fall asleep. If you continue meditating then sooner or later it will manifest to you. That is the time when a lot of encounters happen. People stay up all night like Israel did & their Angel manifests to them.

I found the best time is early morning. Get up for a while & then lay back down & fall to sleep for a short nap. Countless people report very real encounters when they do that in the morning

Old 09-16-2019, 02:44 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_from_Germany View Post
Thanks for another constructive post. However, I note that believers often state there beliefs as if they were facts. The same can be seen in your posts. To belief something to be true doesn't necessarily make it true. Of course that also goes the other way. Just because I don't believe there is a God doesn't mean I'm right.
You asked me to explain my beliefs. Do I really need to clarify that they are, in fact, beliefs?

Quote:
What doesn't make sense to me is the following: God is supposedly all powerful and all knowing, right?

So he gave us a paradise but must have known that we would leave it because of the bad side he gave us. Why give us a bad side? The outcome must have been known to him before he even created us, if that is what one believes.

It seems like a weak explanation to me that God gave us a chance but we screwed it up. Again, he must have known we would screw it up. Why not create better people in the first place? What interest should he have to see all the wrong decision we make. And all the suffering we have to endure, often through no fault of our own.

I try to be a good person and do the right thing. I call it my moral compass and being guided by ethical principals. I don't feel the need for a God or a religion to be a decent human being. I have a feeling there are as many bad people amongst the believers across all religions as there are bad people amongst the non-believers. So what is the point of religion or indeed a God if it doesn't make our world a better place?

Now, I'm not suggesting we should not responsible for our own actions. Quite the contrary in fact. But to me that means questioning one's one actions and inactions and comparing them to what we feel would be the right thing to do and not necessarily what a religion tells us we should or shouldn't do.
Why assume that he would not know or that us leaving wasn't exactly what was supposed to happen?

Perhaps we were always meant to leave Eden in order to meet the potential of what God created in us. Maybe we need the struggle and pain in order to develop into the thinking, self-aware beings that will be able to bring about the messianic age. Yes, I imagine He could have bypassed everything and created us exactly how He wanted us to end up, but perhaps that wasn't His plan.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:26 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
I'm also interested in your reasoning as to why you believe what you believe or why you don't believe in a god.
All the evidence we have is that complex, intelligent beings do not simply exist. Nor do we simply know things, we have to learn or discover them. So a complex, intelligent god who just knows things is an assertion that ignores the evidence we have.

And if most of the gods are invented, as they must be, then that increases the chance they all are, and that people have some need to invent gods.

That is why I do not believe.

Quote:
Me, I'm agnostic leaning towards atheist.

Why? With all the suffering of innocent people in the world, it's hard for me to believe that there should be a god.

Children die every day through conflict, hunger, accidents or disease and innocent good people lose loved ones for no good reason. That seems so wrong to me that no religious explanation I have heard to date could even come close to explaining these tragedies.
While the argument from suffering is consistent with the non-existence of any gods, it is also consistent with the existence of an evil god, or one that does not care.

Quote:
But I prefer science. Science doesn't pretend to have all the answers and if a theory gets proven wrong than scientist don't get all upset but they see it as a challenge to get closer to the truth.
While science is a tool to help us understand the world around us, I do not rely on it for my atheism. I find probability a better tool. I also use logic and history.

Quote:
Religion on the other hand is often very fundamentalistic and intolerant. The most religious people are often the least tolerant, in my experience.
I find there are many religious people who are not fundamentalists or intolerant. I do not have a problem with these. We should work with these against the fundamentalists.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:29 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,704,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
It may be self-evident, but I consider it an important distinction from Atheism. I don't know for a fact that there is no god. I haven't seen conclusive evidence either way. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm dead.
As I pointed out, agnosticism is not distinct from atheism.

I merely find it pointless pedantry to repeatedly assure people that I know I cannot prove something's non-existence. Nor do we live our lives under this bizarre "Well, if it can't be disproved then I guess I'll refrain from disbelieving it!" rule.

ivory-billed woodpeckers
Zeus
leprechauns
Darth Vader
a gremlin in your glove compartment last Thursday

*I am technically agnostic about the existence of all of those things as I cannot disprove that they exist.

*I am an atheist (and the equivalent about the non-Zeus examples) because I do not believe that any of them exist.

There is some overlap, and no contradiction, between the two aforementioned stances.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:34 AM

326 posts, read 672,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
All the evidence we have is that complex, intelligent beings do not simply exist. Nor do we simply know things, we have to learn or discover them. So a complex, intelligent god who just knows things is an assertion that ignores the evidence we have.

And if most of the gods are invented, as they must be, then that increases the chance they all are, and that people have some need to invent gods.

That is why I do not believe.

While the argument from suffering is consistent with the non-existence of any gods, it is also consistent with the existence of an evil god, or one that does not care.

While science is a tool to help us understand the world around us, I do not rely on it for my atheism. I find probability a better tool. I also use logic and history.

I find there are many religious people who are not fundamentalists or intolerant. I do not have a problem with these. We should work with these against the fundamentalists.
Thank you for your well-reasoned contribution.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:41 AM

326 posts, read 672,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
You asked me to explain my beliefs. Do I really need to clarify that they are, in fact, beliefs?
I just think it helps to build bridges when we explain what we believe and why instead of making our points as if they were based on facts, even if one could argue that the fact that they are beliefs should be self-explanatory.

Many believers will actually state that they "know". That I do have a problem with. It makes any kind of reasoned, constructive debate pretty much impossible, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Perhaps we were always meant to leave Eden in order to meet the potential of what God created in us. Maybe we need the struggle and pain in order to develop into the thinking, self-aware beings that will be able to bring about the messianic age. Yes, I imagine He could have bypassed everything and created us exactly how He wanted us to end up, but perhaps that wasn't His plan.
I guess everything can be explained by a plan we don't understand. But I must say, if what we have done to the planet and each other throughout our existence as mankind is part of any kind of divine plan then it's a pretty bad plan, in my opinion.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:19 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,470 times
Quote:
I guess everything can be explained by a plan we don't understand. But I must say, if what we have done to the planet and each other throughout our existence as mankind is part of any kind of divine plan then it's a pretty bad plan, in my opinion.
And you're free to have that opinion; as I said in my first post, I'm not here to challenge your beliefs or convince you of anything.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:10 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,852 times
Reply to Stephan.

In my belief, being religious means having a close relationship with God. I pray for and receive God’s Divine Love in my soul delivered by His Holy Spirit. I’m not a fundamentalist Christian as I don’t believe Jesus died on the cross and our sins are miraculously washed away.

When you come to an understanding of just who God is... a soul filled with holy Love, which means it is without sin, then you get an inkling of God. He is amazing, gentle, kind and caring, and most of all loving.

He isn’t pleased by all the atrocities but is limited in His ability to change humanity because of the gift of free will that we’re born with. He doesn’t interfere in our lives unless we pray for help.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this life is temporary. We’re born in order for our souls to get a personality and individuality... and our final destination is to go back to God’s world... from whence we came.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:03 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Reply to Stephan.

In my belief, being religious means having a close relationship with God. I pray for and receive God’s Divine Love in my soul delivered by His Holy Spirit. I’m not a fundamentalist Christian as I don’t believe Jesus died on the cross and our sins are miraculously washed away.

When you come to an understanding of just who God is... a soul filled with holy Love, which means it is without sin, then you get an inkling of God. He is amazing, gentle, kind and caring, and most of all loving.

He isn’t pleased by all the atrocities but is limited in His ability to change humanity because of the gift of free will that we’re born with. He doesn’t interfere in our lives unless we pray for help.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this life is temporary. We’re born in order for our souls to get a personality and individuality... and our final destination is to go back to God’s world... from whence we came.
So how are people supposed to figure it out between your god of love and other's god of fire and brimstone? You guys gotta iron this out before you preach to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality