Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 PM

330 posts, read 268,061 times

Advertisements

It's always been crystal clear to me what "death" is. I will try to explain the best I can.

We live in a physical universe, so it is natural to age and "die".

Our conscious however is not physical. It does however manifest itself in a physical body which we operate.

We are "constantly alive" for an average of 70-100 years.

What I mean by "constantly alive" is when you sleep, your body is temporarily shut down, but your body is constantly alive because of the conscious that resides in it, meaning your eyes are permanently open and have been permanently open since birth.

When you die, your eyes permanently close because your conscious no longer resides in the body.

Your conscious is the key to your eyes opening and closing.

When you "die" every single one of your memories are gone, because they resided in your brain and memories are of the physical realm which are still remembered by those who are living, but your conscious is still present, it just doesn't reside in a body any longer.

The conscious is essential to the body. The body can't be fully utilized if the conscious is not in sync with the body.

Take people in comas for instance. Their bodies are stationary, being kept alive by machines. But when they regain conscious, their bodies are fully operational without the use of machines, because their conscious has regained full control.

When we are born again and we open our eyes for the first time, we are again "constantly alive".

Our conscious has taken residence in another body with a brand new brain to cherish new memories and experience.

Rinse and repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 10:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
It's always been crystal clear to me what "death" is. I will try to explain the best I can.

We live in a physical universe, so it is natural to age and "die".

Our conscious however is not physical. It does however manifest itself in a physical body which we operate.

We are "constantly alive" for an average of 70-100 years.

What I mean by "constantly alive" is when you sleep, your body is temporarily shut down, but your body is constantly alive because of the conscious that resides in it, meaning your eyes are permanently open and have been permanently open since birth.

When you die, your eyes permanently close because your conscious no longer resides in the body.

Your conscious is the key to your eyes opening and closing.

When you "die" every single one of your memories are gone, because they resided in your brain and memories are of the physical realm which are still remembered by those who are living, but your conscious is still present, it just doesn't reside in a body any longer.

The conscious is essential to the body. The body can't be fully utilized if the conscious is not in sync with the body.

Take people in comas for instance. Their bodies are stationary, being kept alive by machines. But when they regain conscious, their bodies are fully operational without the use of machines, because their conscious has regained full control.

When we are born again and we open our eyes for the first time, we are again "constantly alive".

Our conscious has taken residence in another body with a brand new brain to cherish new memories and experience.

Rinse and repeat.
Then why human population grows if it’s a “rinse and repeat” process?
Where and how do the additional or new souls/consciousnesses come from?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Ok. If consciousness is not physical, what is it? How does consciousness transfer from one body to another? Where does consciousness come from? Are bodies generated independently from consciousness? If so, what if we have an imbalance in the number of consciousnesses and bodies? If not, how does an existing consciousness make sure a new body shows up at the right time? How does a non-physical consciousness bond to a physical body? How do you know all of this, and how can we verify this information?

Those questions will do for a start.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Then why human population grows if it’s a “rinse and repeat” process?
Where and how do the additional or new souls/consciousnesses come from?
The physical realm is scientifically proven to be limited no matter how vast it is, but why does one believe the non-physical realm is limited as well?

the non-physical realm most likely has an unlimited number of consciousness ready to manifest itself. It's just hard to grasp because we live in a physical realm and look at everything from a limited point of view since everything is physical.

Just imagine how many living beings/mammals once lived on this planet countless centuries ago that have since died.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
The physical realm is scientifically proven to be limited no matter how vast it is, but why does one believe the non-physical realm is limited as well?

the non-physical realm most likely has an unlimited number of consciousness ready to manifest itself. It's just hard to grasp because we live in a physical realm and look at everything from a limited point of view since everything is physical.

Just imagine how many living beings/mammals once lived on this planet countless centuries ago that have since died.
Why do you believe that there is a non-physical realm? How do you know if it has limitations, or not?

How do you know if it is likely, or unlikely, to have any certain number of consciousnesses? Do all living beings have a consciousness? Bacterium?

Old 07-16-2019, 10:57 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Ok. If consciousness is not physical, what is it? How does consciousness transfer from one body to another? Where does consciousness come from? Are bodies generated independently from consciousness? If so, what if we have an imbalance in the number of consciousnesses and bodies? If not, how does an existing consciousness make sure a new body shows up at the right time? How does a non-physical consciousness bond to a physical body? How do you know all of this, and how can we verify this information?

The answer is that each consciousness is the result of the spiritual seeding in a physical brain upon the birth of each human being. As a seed, it grows and develops during its physical life until it is reborn as a Spirit upon the death of its physical body.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:

Consciousness is what is required to become aware and operative in this world. Consciousness temporarily exists in this realm until going back to it's native realm. Perhaps our conscious is simply exploring the different realms. If I'm not mistaken, scientists have discovered evidence of parallel universes. Apparently each universe carries its own different version of reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...llel-universes

The body will have similar physical traits from the mother and father, but the conscious is always you as it has previously been you all of those other times you were alive in different bodies. You will most likely take on challenges in life differently depending on how you are raised, but your conscious will never falter. What I mean by that is, you may be raised in a family that is for example extremely racist or has no problem screwing people over. You may grow up to become racist and have no problem screwing people over, but your conscious aka "know deep down" what you are doing is wrong.

I already gave verification when I gave an example of people being in long comas and their bodies are stationary only "alive" because of machines. When they come to, they no longer have the need for machines because their conscious is now completely in sync with their body.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The answer is that each consciousness is the result of the spiritual seeding in a physical brain upon the birth of each human being. As a seed, it grows and develops during its physical life until it is reborn as a Spirit upon the death of its physical body.
These are claims and assertions. There is no evidence here. Why should I accept your assertions?

Old 07-16-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Why do you believe that there is a non-physical realm? How do you know if it has limitations, or not?

How do you know if it is likely, or unlikely, to have any certain number of consciousnesses? Do all living beings have a consciousness? Bacterium?
Answered your first question in a previous post.

Yes, every single living thing on earth has a conscious. From the smallest ant to the largest blue whale.

Humans are not the center of the universe. Every single form of life on this planet is just as important as we are.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Consciousness is what is required to become aware and operative in this world. Consciousness temporarily exists in this realm until going back to it's native realm. Perhaps our conscious is simply exploring the different realms. If I'm not mistaken, scientists have discovered evidence of parallel universes. Apparently each universe carries its own different version of reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...llel-universes

The body will have similar physical traits from the mother and father, but the conscious is always you as it has previously been you all of those other times you were alive in different bodies. You will most likely take on challenges in life differently depending on how you are raised, but your conscious will never falter. What I mean by that is, you may be raised in a family that is for example extremely racist or has no problem screwing people over. You may grow up to become racist and have no problem screwing people over, but your conscious aka "know deep down" what you are doing is wrong.

I already gave verification when I gave an example of people being in long comas and their bodies are stationary only "alive" because of machines. When they come to, they no longer have the need for machines because their conscious is now completely in sync with their body.
Claims and assertions, without evidence. The coma example is a claim of causation without any proof that the causation you propose is valid.

Why should I accept your claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality