Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 09:54 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Because evolution in this sub-forum is a no no.
This thread isn't about evolution, it is just part of the conversation.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:54 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
They say that there is no existence past Death. So, when they carry on the tradition of those who have gone before them, they can only carry on a tradition of non-existence.

I have to ask, why do you try to keep the memory of those you say do not exist alive?

It all looks like a dead end and non-existent road to me. Just a brief illusion of non-existent living.

I'm sure many of you have children, so you have experienced the gift of sharing life. Is your family tree a non-existent illusion.

I know you like to proclaim evolution, as if you are greater than every generation before you, but when do you ever reach the fulness of being a human being. Because you can't be a human evolving and a human being at the same time. One is and the other is forever grasping, with no rest, never complete.
Not understanding either evolution or atheism is what allows you to post nonsense. Atheism is the lack of a belief in any Gods. Evolution is accepted by many religious people and denominations.

The making of several nonsensical statements is on you.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:59 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
I am not the one denying your existence. You are.
No. Your straw man atheists are denying their existence.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
In what sense is a rabbit "greater" than a dinosaur? Evolution does not involve becoming "greater." Evolution involves being best suited for survival according to existing conditions.

Why do I carry a memory of my third grade elementary school teacher with me? She was in her 60's then, and that was 65 years ago. But I remember her because 65 years ago she was part of my living experience, and I am still alive. Soon enough all memory of both of us will be erased by time.

I know the name of my grandfather's father. But I have no memory of him, because he died before I was born. My family tree mostly consists of a line of individuals whom I have no memory of. They once had a life, just as I now do. And now they are gone. Just as I will be soon enough.
At what point does an evolutionist come of age and arrive at the point of "being a human being."

And in the rest of your post, all I see you describing is travelling down a dead end road of total non-existence.

That is why I asked, my question in the OP.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Welcome chief scum. With that name, I get the impression of a crazy and fun old Indian arriving on the scene, and can only smile. Thanks
I have to say that I am different from the people here.

Thanks for the cool reply and welcome.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:16 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Quote:
I have to say that I am different from the people here.

Thanks for the cool reply and welcome.
We can benefit from your different thoughts and views shared here.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:28 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
At what point does an evolutionist come of age and arrive at the point of "being a human being."
May I suggest you read that question to yourself and think about what you wrote?

It makes no sense.

Perhaps reword it.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:38 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:

And in the rest of your post, all I see you describing is travelling down a dead end road of total non-existence.

That is why I asked, my question in the OP.
There was a time before I existed. There will be a time when I no longer exist. In between I got to be a human being for a bit.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:39 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Looking around at people over time, it's clear that evolution doesn't exist, or we've passed its peak, or it's just damn plain defective. We don't see people advancing within; advancing physically, mentally, spiritually, etc.

If anything, we're regressing. I'm not talking about technology. Sure, that moves forward, but technology is neither human nor living and breathing with blood flowing through it. We like to fool and con ourselves that we are advancing alongside technology. But we universally are seeking less, looking within less, are unified less among each other, and more just mimicing the primitive and the base.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:54 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Looking around at people over time, it's clear that evolution doesn't exist, or we've passed its peak, or it's just damn plain defective. We don't see people advancing within; advancing physically, mentally, spiritually, etc.

If anything, we're regressing. I'm not talking about technology. Sure, that moves forward, but technology is neither human nor living and breathing with blood flowing through it. We like to fool and con ourselves that we are advancing alongside technology. But we universally are seeking less, looking within less, are unified less among each other, and more just mimicing the primitive and the base.
There are several billion of us. Which means that we are well suited to existing conditions. There is no need for us to change. As long as conditions remain constant. There is some evidence, however, that our very success is having an impact on the conditions that have made us so successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality