Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 AM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
There was a time before I existed. There will be a time when I no longer exist. In between I got to be a human being for a bit.
If that is where your years of accumulated knowledge have led you. I will not argue with you over the conclusion you have reached.

What I see is that when God said; Let there be light, and it says God saw the light and saw that it was good. I do not see empty light, rather I see God opening up an eternal living beginning in time and space for me to return too and enter into. And not as someone who comes along lately.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:55 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
They say that there is no existence past Death.
I've never heard anyone post such a thing in these forums. As a matter of fact, there are several atheists that allow for some kind of afterlife, and recognize that ghosts, spirits, etc., may exist.

Quote:
So, when they carry on the tradition of those who have gone before them, they can only carry on a tradition of non-existence.

I have to ask, why do you try to keep the memory of those you say do not exist alive?

It all looks like a dead end and non-existent road to me. Just a brief illusion of non-existent living.

I'm sure many of you have children, so you have experienced the gift of sharing life. Is your family tree a non-existent illusion.

I know you like to proclaim evolution, as if you are greater than every generation before you, but when do you ever reach the fulness of being a human being. Because you can't be a human evolving and a human being at the same time. One is and the other is forever grasping, with no rest, never complete.
From the R&S forum rules: As of January 2, 2017, Science threads are not to be started in any of the Religion & Spirituality forums.

You tried to start a thread, in part, to discuss evolution. You admitted as much here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
This thread isn't about evolution, it is just part of the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Not understanding either evolution or atheism is what allows you to post nonsense. Atheism is the lack of a belief in any Gods. Evolution is accepted by many religious people and denominations.

The making of several nonsensical statements is on you.
I had to correct another member earlier today, in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Im case anybody is wondering, remarks such as "There is absolutely no proof or credible evidence of one species transforming into another species." clearly illustrate why we don't do science threads in the R&S forums. It SHOULD embarrass people, but it doesn't.

So, this thread is closed, but we have learned that the OP didn't understand what an atheist was, and we also know that he doesn't understand evolutionary science.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality