Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 11:01 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
phet, this isn't that complicated. we are talking about reincarnation.

the question is why would you say my post wasn't about reincarnation when it was only about reincarnation?
Stop. Just stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 11:13 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,036 times
I read that anyone can step out of their body as a soul & travel in the Spiritual Realms, & then safely return to their body because there is an unbreakable chord connecting them to it. It was the middle of a sunny day & I just lay on the floor & began forcing my soul out of my body like they said in the book. Instantly a group of extremely beautiful Angels of Light appeared around me. One of them spoke in a beautiful clear voice & said "It isn't time yet", & told me to stay in my body.
I discovered they would return any day the moment I attempted to walk out of my body. I can bring them here right now if I want to, simply by starting to lift my soul out of my body.
I mention this again because the thread is a bunch of people wondering/speculating about what happens to their soul '& does it get a new body after this one dies. What happens to the real you when the shell or skin you are using now is no longer around.

The Father God just spoke.................
He said, "I Am With Each Soul When It Dies & I Keep It Safe"

Well there you are. God The Father just gave you some love!

Anyway the reason I mention the soul is because that is the important part of you. It is the real you. And when you stop acting like a material body made of flesh & start acting like the real you then you will discover the spiritual world is right there with you & always has been 'while you were hypnotised into thinking that you were a material body & mind only.
Then The Angels of God & Even God Himself will teach you all about your real home & how you came to be here, & why. You may even be shown the library where all material lives are held in books, & souls are placed into those books to live lives in all times & places in order to learn their lessons.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
I read that anyone can step out of their body as a soul & travel in the Spiritual Realms, & then safely return to their body because there is an unbreakable chord connecting them to it. It was the middle of a sunny day & I just lay on the floor & began forcing my soul out of my body like they said in the book. Instantly a group of extremely beautiful Angels of Light appeared around me. One of them spoke in a beautiful clear voice & said "It isn't time yet", & told me to stay in my body.
I discovered they would return any day the moment I attempted to walk out of my body. I can bring them here right now if I want to, simply by starting to lift my soul out of my body.
I mention this again because the thread is a bunch of people wondering/speculating about what happens to their soul '& does it get a new body after this one dies. What happens to the real you when the shell or skin you are using now is no longer around.

The Father God just spoke.................
He said, "I Am With Each Soul When It Dies & I Keep It Safe"

Well there you are. God The Father just gave you some love!

Anyway the reason I mention the soul is because that is the important part of you. It is the real you. And when you stop acting like a material body made of flesh & start acting like the real you then you will discover the spiritual world is right there with you & always has been 'while you were hypnotised into thinking that you were a material body & mind only.
Then The Angels of God & Even God Himself will teach you all about your real home & how you came to be here, & why. You may even be shown the library where all material lives are held in books, & souls are placed into those books to live lives in all times & places in order to learn their lessons.
I find it very interesting that once I and several other posters started complaining about your constant hellfire, brimstone, and damnation posts that they pretty much ended. And thank Buddha! I wonder what's next.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The main question I have about how we learn from lifetime to lifetime is that we can't relate
our current misfortune to the cause of it in our prior lives.
How can anyone learn from something if they don't know why it is happening?
Valid question!
I dunno.
But I sure have learned finalllly. 3 lifetimes I know of I was stuck. Maybe more!
I think we are given the same scenario over and over until we change our reaction or thinking about it.
And simply get 'unstuck'...like a needle repeating on a record.
My thing was each life my mistake brought even more painful results...until I got it.
I moved on (about 85% anyway, I slip up sometimes.)

But I don't believe I needed to know why it was happening, there was no need for me to rem past lives..
(which, might I add ...blew me away - I was stunned.) Since I was not learning, the consequences/suffering
got higher til I changed. Thank God.
We are given chances with slightly more intense results from our mistakes---
That is my personal experience...may not have answered your ques.
I suffered from my mistake til I got sick of it!

Old 10-13-2019, 11:29 AM

1,378 posts, read 393,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I find it very interesting that once I and several other posters started complaining about your constant hellfire, brimstone, and damnation posts that they pretty much ended. And thank Buddha! I wonder what's next.
Stop. Just Stop

Old 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Stop. Just Stop
Cute.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:42 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Reincarnation doesn't make a bit of sense. What's the point of my having been reincarnated thousands of times when I can't remember a single lesson I've learned from the previous lives????? I've made the same stupid mistakes all my life and I probably made all of them in my previous lives as well. So what sort of evolution of consciousness to a higher understanding of the universe and all that nonsense has reincarnation gotten me? We pass through here once and then we die, that's it. At the age of 70 many of us around here are just beginning to comprehend that we squandered our lives on a dead man named Jesus Christ whose now dust blowing around in the Middle east somewhere and we're too old to do anything about it.

Some of us by sheer good fortune were born into European royalty and live a fabulous life of luxury, while most of us were born into horrendous poverty in some 3rd world hole where a lot of us will die of disease or hunger before we're adults. Pointless, completely pointless for the vast majority of us. Wonderful for the few lucky ones. Life is a one-time crap shoot and the lucky ones roll seven or eleven while the rest of us roll snake eyes.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:03 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Valid question!
I dunno.
But I sure have learned finalllly. 3 lifetimes I know of I was stuck. Maybe more!
I think we are given the same scenario over and over until we change our reaction or thinking about it.
And simply get 'unstuck'...like a needle repeating on a record.
My thing was each life my mistake brought even more painful results...until I got it.
I moved on (about 85% anyway, I slip up sometimes.)

But I don't believe I needed to know why it was happening, there was no need for me to rem past lives..
(which, might I add ...blew me away - I was stunned.) Since I was not learning, the consequences/suffering
got higher til I changed. Thank God.
We are given chances with slightly more intense results from our mistakes---
That is my personal experience...may not have answered your ques.
I suffered from my mistake til I got sick of it!
That does make sense, kind of. Insofar as reincarnation can make sense for me. The thing that removes the scales from my eyes is the teachings of different wisdom traditions. I know it may seem like I am oversimplifying complex traditions, but many of them say similar things about the causes of suffering and the way out of suffering. For me, that is the thing that gets me unstuck and moves the needle to another groove. Or upgrades the software, or whatever a more timely metaphor may be.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:16 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Keeping in mind that I am undecided about a "literal" reincarnation/rebirth (despite being Buddhist):

Another version of the concept of rebirth/reincarnation that I have heard is that it is renewal within your current lifetime.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation/rebirth, does it really matter if it has a positive or negative spin? That something is positive or negative does not affect whether or not it "is"? Many see death as negative...but there is still death.

What I bolded -- you stated this very well, and it has long been the major stumbling block I have had to actually believing in karma. The example I usually give is the child who is born deformed and the response by many Buddhists is saying that it's a result of a negative existence in a former lifetime. That just doesn't make sense to me. And partly because that seems as if the concept requires "a god" to sit in judgement.

I don't agree with your friend's description of karma, although many do see it that way. My personal belief about karma is that it is simply cause and effect. You do generally good things and you are likely to have a better life. You do generally bad things and you are likely to have a worse life. While I was playing pool the other day, a friend was telling me about a mafia family he knew when he was growing up, and how there were these revenge deaths and other transgressions between warring mafia groups...and my immediate thought was karma.

The escalator concept...hmmmm. Well, Thai monks describe both karma and "bun", with karma being negative results of how one lives his/her life, and "bun" being positive results of how one lives his/her life.
Yes, I agree. It is what it is regardless of what we think. For me, though, it just seems very exhausting to go at it again and again (in theory--because none of us know if reincarnation is true.)

Karma-- I also believe is simply cause and effect. Just the way things are. But again, when I look at wicked people prospering off of naked greed, and decent people suffering...it seems far sloppier than other impersonal forces, like gravity. Why the inconsistent time lag? has always been my question...but those are just my lifelong questions, like "why is there suffering?" things I don't have answers to, only my beliefs and suspicions.

That escalator analogy was very triggering to me, which is why it stuck with me... it was actually the last time I went to that particular Buddhist center and then later there was a big scandal involving the founders, so I guess it was a good thing that I left. It reminded me of the nuns of my Catholic upbringing and their teachings on sin for some reason, very bleak.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Reincarnation doesn't make a bit of sense. What's the point of my having been reincarnated thousands of times when I can't remember a single lesson I've learned from the previous lives????? I've made the same stupid mistakes all my life and I probably made all of them in my previous lives as well. So what sort of evolution of consciousness to a higher understanding of the universe and all that nonsense has reincarnation gotten me? We pass through here once and then we die, that's it. At the age of 70 many of us around here are just beginning to comprehend that we squandered our lives on a dead man named Jesus Christ whose now dust blowing around in the Middle east somewhere and we're too old to do anything about it.

Some of us by sheer good fortune were born into European royalty and live a fabulous life of luxury, while most of us were born into horrendous poverty in some 3rd world hole where a lot of us will die of disease or hunger before we're adults. Pointless, completely pointless for the vast majority of us. Wonderful for the few lucky ones. Life is a one-time crap shoot and the lucky ones roll seven or eleven while the rest of us roll snake eyes.
You might want to reread your first paragraph. You seem to be all over the map on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality