Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 06:54 PM

10,224 posts, read 6,772,366 times

Advertisements

The only reincarnation that exists is your soul and its ending up in the book of life or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 07:03 PM

50,450 posts, read 24,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You're meeting Kwan Yin and not going to a Hot Springs?
She said she visited Yellowstone once and it was too hot.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:07 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,789,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
With my many memories of 3 past lives and the In Between place...it's a given.
It's just casually nice that so many books and videos, the Bible and stories galore
from kids traced validate it.
But, I get it, that if you have not exp'd a past life memory it's hard to believe in it,
I suppose...
even tho there are many books, videos, the Bible, stories galore from
kids traced and validated.
Just curious...where do you find it in the Bible?

Old 10-08-2019, 07:57 PM

88,289 posts, read 84,276,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I believe in a continuity of consciousness and a continuation of karma from one life to the next. That places me squarely in the fringe of my particular faith, but I don't actually think there's a solid case against it in the New Testament (but also not a case for it either). I don't believe that consciousness is confined to the body/brain, and I don't think consciousness ends---which is how I came to my views. The collected energy of our actions and habitual imprints continues on, but without our personal sense of self. These are just my views that I have either intuited from contemplation or picked up from my spiritual travels. I don't think any one religion has all the answers to this question. But excellent idea for a thread!
Our fringes can wave to each other. My thoughts are similar.

There are also stories, one within the family, others from people I know, that made me say, hmmm.

I lean toward it, but I can't say I know.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
God just pulled up in front of my house riding a chariot pulled by four silver stallions. Emblazoned on the side of the chariot were the words, "Buddhism is #1. So are all the other religions. And no religion". The chariot had a license plate on the back -- O777IN. I said, "Hey god, what's happening?" He said, "Beware of christian posters on the forum. Most of them know not of what they speak. I keep tossing one guy in the Lake Of Fire, over and over, and he still doesn't get it! If he doesn't stop misrepresenting himself as my messenger, I'm going to have to consider banishing him via my spiritual elevator to the deepest level of Buddhist hell. Going down!" God threw back his heah and laughed; he's got a good laugh; a hearty laugh. I said, "Tell me god. What about reincarnation and rebirth. Any truth to the concept?" "Good question, my son", he said. "The Buddhists got it right on this one. It takes too long to explain, though. Just go consult my book -- the Tipitaka. It's all there. Well, I gotta head down to Chik-Fil-A over on Bell Road. I'm going to meet Kuan Yin there, and we're both getting one of their spicy chicken sandwiches...the meal. That hot spice always reminds me of the fictional character -- Satan -- that the christians seem to venerate more than me! Take care Vinnie. You're on the right track. Oh, and if you see Ocean777 online, remind him that I can reincarnate people to become donkeys, too! So, I'm off. Hi yo silvers, and away!" But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight — all my people in all religions and outside religion who are good people, who don't keep playing the god card against others, are right!"
Priceless.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:19 PM

22,988 posts, read 10,333,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The only reincarnation that exists is your soul and its ending up in the book of life or not.
Dude, you don't even know what the book of life is, to you, this is just a general saying that you don't have a clue about, and I would be so happy to clue you in, but I doubt you are interested.

You are talking about Jewish concepts, about the law and whether or not you recieve the seal of God in your forehead on Rosh Hashanah, and of course, you don't get the seal in your forehead and right hand on Rosh Hasnanah, and THUS, your name cannot be written in the book of life.

You are reading things in general as if they have no meaning whatsoever, and these things have no meaning to you because you have no reference of books being wooped out, and there is more than one book. These are not Christian concepts, the Christian doesn'r know them.

How bout we set up an hour of the day, and each day we study about the religion we are discussing.

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, you are talking concepts in Judaism, and I am willing to teach you about Judaism, the religion Jesus loved and practiced.

Don't just say things in general and then just assume you are born again, or that your name is written in the book of life, INSTEAD, LEARN and know what being born again means, LEARN AND KNOW what the book of life is and why CERTAIN people have their names written there.

This book,'' The book of life,'' Jesus DID NOT MAKE THIS UP, IT IS NOT SOMETHING NEW. LEARN THE HISTORY.

Underatand this, there is a whole science about these things, these things are not something you just say in general, THEY HAVE MEANING, THEY HAVE HISTORY, LAW.

You are talking about the law, and you don't know it, you are talking about being sealed in your forehead and right hand on EVERY Rosh Hashanah, and you don't know it.

Being sealed in one's forehead and right hand is a matter of the law, and God's promise, and it is THESE PEOPLE that are sealed who have their names written in the book of life.

If you do not recieve the seal of God in your forehead and right hand on Rosh Hashanah, you CANNOT be written in the lamb's book of life.

I am just guessing, but I would guess that my name IS NOT written in the lamb's book of life, and I am striving to that goal, that end.

Pretending I am some great self sacrificing individual who is not the worst sinnner there ever was, well this, this pretend lie AINT GONNA GET MY NAME LISTED IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.

Where did the book come from, and what are the names and reasons for the OTHER BOOKS?

This is just like people using the term,'' The last trump.''

Christians just say this stuff in general with no reference whatsoever.

The Temple is called,''THE HOUSE OF TRUMPETS.''

There is a First Trump
There is a Last Trump
There is a Great Trump

Christians have no reference, they just blurt out,'' WHEN THE LAST TRUMP SOUNDS.''

Where does the last trump come from? Where does the first trump come from and what is it's mission?

Where does the great trump come from, and what is it's mission?

When the thrones are set in place, and the books are opened, what are the names of the thrones, and the names and reasons for all the books that come flying open?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-08-2019 at 11:29 PM..

Old 10-09-2019, 03:53 AM

1,378 posts, read 390,450 times
And so to summarise what God has taught me personally & walked me through for many years, "Our souls are the children of God & they all come from bodies that live forever like God does. And those bodies are placed into a deep sleep & our souls are removed & placed into mortal lives that are inside living books in God's library. And our souls are placed into one book after another to live lives in all places & times & gather experiences & knowledge. Then we are returned to our young god bodies, which are the children of God, & all our memories, of all our mortal lives, with all their lessons & experiences, are remembered perfectly, & we are placed back into Paradise, to live with all the gods & goddesses forever in peace.

God has taken me back to my original youthful god body many times & He makes me awaken from the deep sleep that all the other young gods are still in, & I find I am millions of times more alive than I am on earth. Life in Paradise in our original bodies is infinitely more alive & vibrant than mortal human life here on earth. It is absolutely stunning & it awaits all of you after your time in the mortal world is over. You are all young gods & goddesses & you have loving family & friends waiting for you in paradise.

So God can place a soul into a particular book to live the life of some important person, & then after the person dies & the soul leaves that body "God can place another soul into that same book to live the life of that exact same important person all over again. God just starts time all over again by placing the soul at the beginning of each book.

I have read many reports of people setting out on journeys with friends, & when they are half way to their destination they suddenly find themselves right back at home just leaving the driveway to set out on their journey. Time was restarted for them all over again. There are many similar reports, where time was restarted over & over for people who were just going about their ordinary lives. Some people were stuck in that situation for days reliving the same time & actions over & over.

There was a woman online saying that she remembers being with God before she was born, & God showed her a book of life that detailed all of the life she would be living on earth. All the important dates were mentioned & so she knew exactly how her life is going to play out. Then God placed her into a tube-like tunnel, like the one people find themselves in at death, & she floated through the tunnel & awoke in her mother's womb. And she remembers it all '& all of her life is already written inside a book, like God showed me all of our lives are as well.

And God takes me to where all the young gods & goddesses mingle in paradise & it is absolutely beautiful & filled with unbelievable opulence & splendour. It all awaits everyone. God says He does not abandon or forsake any souls. He does keep the demons locked up however. They are very sick selfish souls who refuse to serve God & be loving & civil to others. So they can't go home to their original youthful god or goddess bodies for a long long time it seems.

Jesus taught the way to live if you want to escape reincarnation & return straight to paradise, & be put back into your original eternal youthful god & goddess bodies as The Children of God.

If you become like Jesus & do good all the time & serve God with all your heart, mind & soul, then you have reached the level that all the lives of reincarnation are put in place to teach you. And you can go home to paradise forever.

I have never claimed to be a Christian or a messenger from God or anything. I'm just a person whom God has visited many times & I know that my duty is to tell humanity what I have learned. Still I know that it would be foolish to expect people to believe me. So I write my truth knowing that it just adds a different point of view to the collective mind, & it may prove useful to some souls at some stage in their lives.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by ocean777; 10-09-2019 at 04:38 AM..

Old 10-09-2019, 05:31 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,576,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This post is totally off topic.
They generally are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Jesus was dead for several days and returned in body. that's reincarnation.
I suppose that's why Buddhists prefer the term Rebirth. But I suppose you will now refer to being Born Again as 'Rebirth'.

And i still say, get all the various believers together in an arena with spiked clubs, and atheism's job is done.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:35 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,789,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Our fringes can wave to each other. My thoughts are similar.

There are also stories, one within the family, others from people I know, that made me say, hmmm.

I lean toward it, but I can't say I know.
Agree...it is more of a leaning toward it. I'm not like others who have had past life experiences, memories, or like phetorai who had the psychic say things.

I did have a shaman tell me something once about a supposed past life: that I was a spiritual aspirant who in a fit of rage burned holy books. That was a weird thing for her to say apropos of nothing, but it did ring true and made me recall a strange childhood moment where I was given a children's Bible for Christmas and promptly threw it in the fire! For no reason. My panicked Mom pulled it out and I had a charred children's Bible for years after that, lol. There was also another time where I was angry about my useless graduate degree. I actually took all of my books and ripped them up. Who knows, maybe I was a person who took out anger on books LOL. It would explain the strange dilemma of my being a bit of a spiritual wanderer, not feeling fully at home in any tradition, because destroying holy books is supposed to have some very bad karma and make a strong imprint.

But for me, it has been more of my "spiritual travels" in learning different faith traditions, different teachers, and just having a felt sense of it.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Agree...it is more of a leaning toward it. I'm not like others who have had past life experiences, memories, or like phetorai who had the psychic say things.

I did have a shaman tell me something once about a supposed past life: that I was a spiritual aspirant who in a fit of rage burned holy books. That was a weird thing for her to say apropos of nothing, but it did ring true and made me recall a strange childhood moment where I was given a children's Bible for Christmas and promptly threw it in the fire! For no reason. My panicked Mom pulled it out and I had a charred children's Bible for years after that, lol. There was also another time where I was angry about my useless graduate degree. I actually took all of my books and ripped them up. Who knows, maybe I was a person who took out anger on books LOL. It would explain the strange dilemma of my being a bit of a spiritual wanderer, not feeling fully at home in any tradition, because destroying holy books is supposed to have some very bad karma and make a strong imprint.

But for me, it has been more of my "spiritual travels" in learning different faith traditions, different teachers, and just having a felt sense of it.
OK, that IS weird! Very interesting.

Similarly, a psychic once told me that she saw me in a past life washing dishes at a place that was some type of community. I was not part of the community but I was washing the dishes and thinking that I was no different from the people who did belong to the community.

That didn't resonate with me one bit. I was a bit disappointed that this was all she could see. I must have had some really dull past lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality